It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am being followed by an owl.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You wouldn't happen to be wearing a coon hat during the times the owl was following you ? If so, TAKE IT OFF!! The owl just might dig it's claws in your head! I have always been fascinated in owls, especially snow owls. I cannot believe they represent anything negative. I just don't feel any bad feelings about them at all.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
thats great I am going to die

No your not

www.unf.edu...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Maybe the owl is hungry? and wants you to feed him/her?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ironjello

Wow an owl you say , well a few years back I hack a very strong dream about an owl scrutinizing/studding me , a few month after this dream I had a very powerful disturbing sleep paralysis experience involving what I later became to understand as the " Old Hag". When studying my experience I came across this site, made me think. I understand your experience wasn't a dream , but here seems to be something about owl deeply interwoven into our physique.

theshadowlands.net...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by OpusMarkII]

[edit on 12-6-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I really hate derailing threads, it seems like an insult and bad manners.
BUT...
I lived with screech owls my first twenty years of my life , they lived in our barn, and any noise you made would get them curious looking for a mouse, cat, rat,shrew , whatever, and they would always come flying over my head. I remember making fake mouse sounds and surely they almost always would fly above the head and make sure you were not an eligible meal.

I think what you have on your hands is a very hungry owl and no matter what sound it hears it will check it out just in case.

and if you ever get a hold of the owl pellets they regurgitate, they can actually be worth money if you find the right sources. Biology teachers love the pellets for class instruction.

Good luck with your following owl, and be glad you get to actually get to have one around you . They are an experience to remember for sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
ok I do not know how to do this but this is the link to pics I just took of the evil looking owl. I swear it has an inverted cross on its head.
s150.photobucket.com...

I think you have a barred owl there. Better known as a hoot owl.
en.wikipedia.org...

he Barred Owl hunts by waiting on a high perch at night, or flying through the woods and swooping down on prey. It generally hunts near dawn or dusk, though it may also hunt on cloudy days. It may fly even in full daylight when disturbed. Of the North American owls, it is the species most likely to be active during the day, especially when raising chicks.[2]

As long as you're not wearing a squirrel on your head, you should be ok. Err, if you ARE wearing a squirrel on your head, you may have problems other than an noisy owl.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Where i lie lifelong resident here in southwest CT, during the late spring and august time, around 7 or 7 30 pm in my neighborhood9we have treess all over the place) thier an owl thats always been here. Ive seen it a few times..lookes like great horned owl im guessing..yuo know, it has big expressive yellow eyes, can turn its head halfway aorund, so it can lok over its shoulder, has big claw like feet. It makes the hoo hoo noise for abuot 30 minntes before it goes to bed. Ive nenver known anyone close to me to die after hearing it. However one time when i was a kid, i was wlaknig mwith my mom one late spring eveing, and as we neared our home, the owl swooped dwon and tried to grab my mothers hair! she waved with her hadns for it to go away, think it got some of her hair, lol.
To this day, thiers an owl , same breed, givng off that same nosie around 7 30 pm.. im guessing yuor owl had a nest very close by..yuo may not see the nest, but might be thier. owls can be VERY defensive of thier nests,a nd they are NOT affraid to attack or defend them... theirs no real reason for it to come after you like that, unless tis home is close or it has babys nearby...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Maybe the owl is protecting it's nest? You might want to identify the owl and research its behavior before you go making ridiculous assumptions.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
it's Moloch.
it's demanding a cremation of your care.
give up a burnt offering.
( masturbate or better yet have sex to have your sexual fluids "burnt" by the sexual energy but then sacrifice your orgasm by resisting the temptation of having it.. thus absorbing the imbued "burnt" sexual fluids"
do this over and over.

you think i'm joking.

conversely, you could offer it a tootsie-roll tootsie pop and ask it how many licks it takes to get to the center, though this would mean "sacrificing" your tootsie-pop.

-

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
That's a large bird

IMO you should acquaint it with the finer workings of the food chain.

I've never had owl but I would guess it tastes something like duck. Given the chance, that big bastard would eat your face for breakfast and seeing as you don't have a razor sharp beak, nor claws, it's only fair you use a gun.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
...owls have no connection to spirits or any other human created hocus pocus hooey... they're just birds... if one is habitually dive-bombing a human there is a logical reason for it - ie: its protecting its nest or you smell or look like a small rodent...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

hi ironjello -

I really want to help you out here - because - seriously - I could see how this would freak you out - but I think there's a real world explanation for this - not that I want to take away from the rest of the discussion...

I'm also thinking of the owl here - because I'd hate for anything to happen to it - it's not really evil you know

:-)

it's a Barred Owl - and it's a beauty - and I think you're actually very lucky :-)

so - quit worrying about what it means

en.wikipedia.org...

I think what may be happening here is something called imprinting:

Imprinting is a term that describes how many animals decide ‘who they are’. It is a critical behavioral process in a growing animal and occurs during a period in which the young establish the concept of “parent” and “self”. Taking place early in life, it is an irreversible process. The period varies between species; ducklings imprint when 13-16 hours old while large birds of prey imprint between 2 and 5 weeks of age.

Under normal circumstances, imprinting establishes a strong bond between the young and their parents. Under less ideal circumstances, imprinting causes a young animal to recognize itself as human when raised inappropriately. Once that damage has been done, the likelihood of being able to release such an animal back to the wild is low and suitable options in captivity are rare and less than ideal.

www.audubonportland.org...

it seems pretty likely that this bird may have been raised - or influenced at least - by humans - to the point where it now thinks of you as something it can relate to

it's often difficult for people to realize why they can't just take care of young animals and then release them - if you raise something up from when it's a young creature - it's never going to be wild -and it won't survive well on it's own after that - so you should plan on taking care of it forever if you really want to get involved

when I was a kid - for a variety of reasons - people would give young birds of prey to my dad to take care of - abandoned/wounded birds

we had a young horned owl one summer - it's mother was dead - needed rearing

and it wasn't easy - the one thing that had to be done is to start separating from it at a certain point - it had to start learning to be on it's own and not rely on us so much

it eventually worked the way it was supposed to - we saw it around less and less - and it was on it's own

but - if that separation doesn't happen at the right time - you get an owl that thinks you are family - and probably that you're going to feed it

I can't know for sure that that's what happened here - but - sounds like

you're not going to die - at least - that's not what the owl is there to tell you

but - I'm actually a little worried about the owl at his point

you should try contacting any bird rehabilitation outfits in your area - they may actually be able to help here - you'd be doing a very good thing

would be interesting to hear more - if there is more

really - let me know

I hope this helps

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is all the behaviour of nature, you maybe could think of throwing this bird some meat or something, let it eat it out of your hands, it is in your interests to collocate the animal's mind with good things about you. I would enjoy an owl following me about. Be placidly interested.

A friend of mine used to be regularly attacked by seagulls, which were in the centre of the city, they would congregate and wait on him swooping down from a rooftop.

Just be friendly to this owl, they're more friendly than seagulls, more intelligent. Be nice to it, make yourself a good memory, don't throw things at it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
hey Ironjello

don't know if the owl is still hanging around

your avatar says Florida - so, found a couple places you could check out for info/help

if they can't help you out - they will probably be able to refer you to someone who can

or - a local vet may be able to point you in the right direction

often these types of places are in a position to take in birds like this and give them a home - some outfits use the birds to educate the public - they travel around - show them - explain about their habits - I'm pretty sure there might be at least one group out there that would like a nice barred owl as an addition to the group -

it would work out well for the owl too

www.medinaraptorcenter.org...
www.raptorcenter.org...

I also forgot to tell you yesterday - our owl would dive at us - and "talk" to us too - so - don't take it the wrong way - it's probably just thinking you're going to eventually hand it a mouse

edit to add: if you haven't already figured it out - those two links aren't in Florida after all - I U2U'd you one that is

[edit on 6/14/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Could be that the Fae are trying to contact you.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Can or should I feed it something. I would think that would make it around even more. I have more pics from last night if you want me to post them

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Can or should I feed it something. I would think that would make it around even more. I have more pics from last night if you want me to post them

it would hang around more -

I can't really say anything useful about this particular owl you understand - have no idea how it's doing on it's own - as far as hunting goes

if it really is imprinted - and thinks you are going to feed it - it would accept food from you - but not just anything - and it needs to be fresh

obviously - mice/rabbit - etc. - it's not easy to do

if it's starving it might take chicken - livers/heart

but - you could contact a vet - or one of those groups - they'll give you far better advice than I can give you

you won't be able to provide for it adequately on your own - even if you really wanted to - but you might be able to help it out in the meantime

and - owls are a personal love of mine - could never see enough pics :-)

I heard it's possible to see one (Barred) here (Colorado)

but - not probable - post all the pics you want - I'd love to see them

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Its funny you posted this as I've been hearing a very loud owl around my house for the past few months.

Where I grew up owls and large owls that followed you were said to be Brujería or a witch that could shapeshift. I personally have seen a very unusually large owl as a child and its stayed with me ever since and all I could think of was all the stories my grandmother told me about that.

Definitely look into it and if you would like to read more about it check online or I think Carlos Castaneda even touched on this in his books.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
this my sound silly but maybe the owl fancies you.

I used to have a bird that would go nuts when anyone got near me. It was very jealous of me. When my boyfriend was over I had to cover his cage and I could never let it out with company , it would attack other people.

The bird was in love with me. I have also had a turkey follow me around.
Maybe it just really likes you.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Can or should I feed it something.

Yes!

I was just going to suggest you do so. Partly for the bird's sake (if it's imprinted on you the poor brute must be starving) and partly for your own - it seems to me you badly need to demystify this whole episode and improve your relationship with a beautiful creature that is totally harmless to you.

Whatever you do, for heaven's sake don't listen to this kind of thing:

Originally posted by Evasius
Don't let it indoors with you. That will signal someone close to you will die. The 3 instances in my life a bird has flown indoors with me... it has signalled the death of someone in my life within the following 24 hours.

I've had birds fly into my house more times than I can count. Sparrows, pigeons, grackles, even a crow. Nobody died on any of these occasions.

As for owls, they're pretty common round where I live. A spooky sound at night, but I have come to love it.

Superstion ain't the way.

Originally posted by blujay
I've got a few crows that follow me sometimes on my early morning walk through a eucalytus grove. Some mornings they fly from tree to tree above me caw-ing and caw-ing... I really do wonder what they are trying to say.

I'm betting your hair resembles your avatar's. What they're saying to you is, 'You're nest material, baby!'

I'm a messy longhair myself, so I know whereof I speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join