It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does man actually just enjoy killing?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I wouldn't say that would make your freeky, just one of those fantastic things that make all of us humans different from one another. The things that make us different are the things that trully make us human or unhuman. The differences also set the sane apart from the insane.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Guess you found your answer somewhere in there then.
I have compassion and respect for ALL living things.
Including those who resort to namecalling.
It's called consideration and respect for others.
Apparently that is an extremely rare thing!
Because death is glorified so much in our culture,
and we are so indifferent and frankly just used to it,
to ever think it is okay, needed or normal, IS insane.
We are taught by others to hate and therefore, kill. So we do.
Not an admirable quality. IMO

[edit on 15-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by secretswhisperer

you know the way i was taught to hunt u do drink a little of the blood to keep the spirit alive. dont try and judge on something u obviously dont know anything about.

Yes. Fox-hunting English aristocrats used to do something similar: young people out on their first hunt had their faces daubed with the blood of the slain fox as part of their initiation. You may be surprised to learn that the title of one of your favourite movies, First Blood, refers to just this practice.

These sanguinary, barbaric rituals are simply primitive ways to placate and control the bloodlust that would otherwise run out of control and end with the hunters slaughtering one another. They are not at all hard for an intelligent person to understand and judge - it is the hunters who do not comprehend them, and make a huge pseudo-religious palaver of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
run out of control and end with the hunters slaughtering one another. They are not at all hard for an intelligent person to understand and judge

Yes, true, a rather fitting end to a species with insatiable apetite for blood.

It's rather easy to think of it that way, if you never thought of animals as people. Probably hard for a person with low EQ to understand.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Sadly I think so. I mean look at what all our video games are about.

And killing is always everyone's solution. Even the more righteous humans support and enjoy the idea of killing people who are not innocent.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The "men" that do enjoy killing are psychopaths!

They should all be rounded up incarcerated in escape proof gated land fills and hunt rat

It would be a great way to recycle the planet

This documentary is a must for all of you who think you have a right to defile Life and enjoy doing so. Personally I love men who are more evolved, aware and respectful.

Earthlings

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I enjoy turkey and deer hunting very much.

So if that means I like killing, then yes I do enjoy killing.

If you eat the turkey and the deer and enjoy the hunt well good for you. If you do not eat or use the animal then you are just a t**t with a gun. Simple

In fact if you do not eat or use the animal for its skin but just enjoy hurting and killing it why not just kick a neighbor's dog to death, or a cat. It would be cheaper. Beat up a kid, then you can feel really powerful.

BUT if you DO eat the animal that is cool with me.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Very good find with that video even though I am not saying I agree with 100% of their message (I have a feeling that they are going for an anti-meat eater type theme) but it does show some gruesome atrocities.

Do you have anymore information about that film? I would like to see it to show some people.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This occurred to me. I do enjoy killing mosquitoes, flies or spiders. I don't go hunting them but will neither tolerate their presence. But this can't be helped.

Insects that are a nuisance deserve no sympathy. I will gleefully smite them. There's a limit to everything and should reserve our sympathy for vertebrates.

Did I mention I hate fungi?

[edit on 16-6-2009 by SonyAD]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I appologize for my lack of hosting skills but,..
I really have nothing else to add at this point, other than
to thank you all for your participation and enlightenment
on this and other interesting subjects!
I watched the video(thanks btw) and made it 45 minutes
before I could ingest no more. At least in one sitting.
I know we gotta eat but there is no call for that.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated” – Mahatma Gandhi

gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com...
www.mercyforanimals.org...

I eat meat. I am not proud of that fact and I am not going to defend it, but I must be honest about it. What I can do is make powerful choices that reduce or eliminate the animal suffering that goes along with my behavior. I can make every effort to keep from eating misery.
You ask, "How do you kill a cow humanely?" The answer is you do it quietly, quickly, with compassion for a sentient being who is at your total mercy and with respect for the life that is being lost to sustain others. You stun an animal so that it feels no pain or fear. You shoot an animal so that it feels no pain or fear. Prior to slaughter, you provide a caring and protected environment so that the animal feels no pain or fear.
How do you know if a company employs such compassion? You get on the phone. You talk to the people who run the business and you ask them. If they say, "Oh you don't have to worry about the animals, they're really stupid" (a comment someone actually made to me a couple of years ago), then you know they are in the business of misery. If they are happy to speak with you and describe their operations, if they show respect for the animals that give them their livelihood, and if they offer to have you come visit anytime and inspect the premises for yourself, then you know they are decent folk. Does all of this increase the cost? Absolutely, as it should. That is the price for being civilized. That is what a civilized society does.

www.theunion.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SonyAD

Thank you for that.
I gleefully swat the little buggers myself.(Skeetoe's) Im horrible!

Now they may be carrying the west nile virus too!

Good point, every human has their limit of tolerance.
P.S. No you didn't, but I sure hate viruses!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonyAD
Insects that are a nuisance deserve no sympathy. I will gleefully smite them. There's a limit to everything and should reserve our sympathy for vertebrates.

No, I actually sympathize with bees, ants, earthworms, all beneficial, non predatory insects. No matter how many times they sting and bite me, I still save them from harm whenever I could
I never find them to be nuisance. The ants drive the termites away, I think the bees are cute, and the worms cultivate the soil.

They react to pain, and I hate to see them get hurt the least. But I just can't overcome my instinct to smite everything that siphons the life out of another.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Thank you.
All things have their place under the sun?
Or something like that.

I just wish they would not bite me on the sun or anywhere.

As I said earlier, I think we should try to save spiders if we can.
I know they are horrible looking and everything, but they eat flies
and other creatures that actually can do damage.
Unless that spider is deadly poisonous, then all bets are off!

We definatley need the bees for pollinating!
There is such a huge misconception with creatures, it astounds me.
I cant tell you how many times when I was taking care of a python
for a friend, people were taken aback because it wasnt slimy! LOL
Are you kidding me?
No clue at all about life outside the box I guess.
Sorry to go off topic, been wanting to say that for awhile now!
If you go back a page or two you will see my thoughts in summary
of the thread.
Thank you everyone for posting and letting me know there's still some
compassion in the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

A moment of silence, please.

That particular fly's demise was quick.
I love/hate swatting mosquitoes that have gorged with blood. It's sweet but bloody vengeance.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there are animals and insects that are a nuisance as they carry disease and ravage property/crops and reproduce at the speed of light. Mosquitoes, rats, squirrels, mice, flies, even monkeys and kangaroos. I am totally aware of this. They are a reflection of our own imbalanced nature.

The video I posted, I could not even watch, kudos to those who can. I posted it because of the mentality it portrays. The sadism.

As for meat eaters, well it seems that they are already cloning meat so what you folks will be eating is fake and will not give you protein, more of a zombie kind of energy, study up on Monsanto and Codex.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by ahnggk

Thank you.
All things have their place under the sun?
Or something like that.

I just wish they would not bite me on the sun or anywhere.

As I said earlier, I think we should try to save spiders if we can.
I know they are horrible looking and everything, but they eat flies
and other creatures that actually can do damage.
Unless that spider is deadly poisonous, then all bets are off!

Yeah you're right it's been many years since I last killed one anyway, an enormous huntsman spider. Never seen one for about a decade, although they used to be quite common - effects of global warming perhaps.

Should they decide to come back and re-take our planet I'm pretty sure to find myself in sh**load of problems!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

We 'folk' don't require as many nutritional supplements. I haven't eaten pork or beef in a long while but eat fish often and sometimes chicken. I don't think I've ever eaten mutton. Also, the meat I do eat, nothing but muscle. Never entrails, liver, etc. That's just disgusting. I love tomato salad, french fries, veggie pizza, mashed potatoes, etc. but will not shy away from fish or chicken either. I love shaormas, shanghai chicken, etc. I never eat at McD, KFC, etc. Just small, local based venues.

Pork, beef for sure and probably mutton somewhat as well aren't very healthy because of high cholesterol.

I don't see cloned meat being a concern in Europe so good luck to you. In any case, I don't see what could be dangerous about it, at least compared to KFC or McD, for instance.

I can't wait till we have hydroponics tech advanced enough to mimic real meat in taste perfectly and is jammed pack with nutrients, proteins, vitamins without heaploads of cholesterol or other nastiness and at lower price.

Thanks for hijacking the thread to your vegan evil ends.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I can't wait till we have hydroponics tech advanced enough to mimic real meat in taste perfectly and is jammed pack with nutrients, proteins, vitamins without heaploads of cholesterol or other nastiness and at lower price.

Have you tried 'veggie meat'? They are quite delicious! Though I'm still quite suspicious of the chemical that goes in the processing of such foods.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
AMericans love to kill, esp other people That's why we love guns, cars, war, and abortion.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Thanks for hijacking the thread to your vegan evil ends.

Cute
How I would love to have you over for a meal, everyone says I cook like a goddess, and no aftertaste of death!

My grand mother was a dietitian and a nurse, I have natural talent in both. My grandfather on my dad's side was part of ww1, and came back from this war with a huge respect for life, I carry this also in my cells. I guess if I ever decided to let myself be "evil", my opponent would be no more, but it would be with grave sorrow that I would complete such an act. I have a natural disgust of death/killing.

I remember reading in a medical journal that Elvis had 20 pounds of undigested food in his stomach when he died, and John Wayne 40 pounds. I always wondered what men carried in their great big hard guts. Dead undigested animal fat

I do not consider myself a vegan, but usually if its got a face I don't eat it. The waters are so polluted that I do not even fancy fish. I guess my plus is that I don't overstuff myself, I just feed my body what it needs, and I don't kill

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join