It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does man actually just enjoy killing?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonyAD
This occurred to me. I do enjoy killing mosquitoes, flies or spiders. I don't go hunting them but will neither tolerate their presence. But this can't be helped.

Insects that are a nuisance deserve no sympathy. I will gleefully smite them. There's a limit to everything and should reserve our sympathy for vertebrates.

Did I mention I hate fungi?

[edit on 16-6-2009 by SonyAD]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Hi, there is a link on top of the video taking you the their website

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
is pretty sick its another example of humans thinking we own this earth and everything on it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Jodi M. , is that you?

Sounds just like a cousin of mine from Kentucky, no pun intended and never lived there though am quite aware of the mindset.

Yes, the Natural instinct to hunt is a natural trait that is imperative for survival as well as a thrill for species. Most people today have lost this skill and are in for a rude awakening. Many don't even know how to grow their own food. Many don't even know how to be Free. Not looking good from here....for the people.

By the way, we only killed what we ate.

Many of the so-called elite like to hunt though they aim to take that so-called privilage from the people.

Anyone wonder why?

You know.

Are you ready?

If you don't have a small farm, it's time to buy one and learn from the labor what you've been designed to be ignorant of; self-sufficiency.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex

Yes, the Natural instinct to hunt is a natural trait that is imperative for survival as well as a thrill for species. Most people today have lost this skill and are in for a rude awakening.

I think you still didn't get the idea. Why not put yourself in the animal's shoes or hoofs?? You can at least try to respect the animal you're hunting, and let them die with honor not treat it like some form of twisted entertainment.

Yes, the people might be in for a rude awakening should this society collapse due to pessimistic people like you.

As an optimist, I would say, that humans are a highly adaptable species and as a society if governed by a wise leader.

I know how to hunt, if I find someone who doesn't in such dark times, then I'll teach them, and share a meal with them, than watch them starve. Why not?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SonyAD

Thanks for hijacking the thread to your vegan evil ends.

This deserves and gets a star. This thread is about something a lot more serious than food-faddism.

And HulaAnglers: just like good old Maddox, I'm going to eat three animals for every one you don't. Meat, mmm, yummy.

Warning to tender souls: naughty words in link.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I clearly made a statement about sadism, this is what we are talking about!

People who enjoy killing, who think they are entitled to kill for pleasure of taking a life. Barbaric and primitive tendencies of the unevolved human.

You can do what you want to your body, and eat meat all day long.
I do not care about your health or the animals you think you need to sacrifice in order for you to feel alive!

I remember reading in a medical journal that Elvis had 20 pounds of undigested food in his stomach when he died, and John Wayne 40 pounds. I always wondered what men carried in their great big hard guts. Dead undigested animal fat

Pathological Predators
sadistic killers
remorse free monsters... that is what the "shift" is all about cleansing and leveling the playing field. The winds and storms will conquer, and whatever is left of the human race will be shocked into new consciousness. This evil gene belongs on another planet like Mars and I believe the evolved emerging being will not tolerate any disrespect for life and one who takes a life will loose its life on the spot!

I am a creative and scientific beauty, and I refuse to be a prey and I do not see the validity in the existence of perverted and sadistic killers.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
To the above post i dont agree with you sir

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I enjoy killing very very much!!
Those zombies in resident evil 5 do not enjoy it very very much but i keep coming back!
Yes the power to wield a smith and wesson with unlimited ammo and just watch their .s blow off and their lifeless bodies fall to the ground is so awesome and knowing my gamer score is going up just lifts my spirit.

Now i dont have any real life experience at killing to say yes or no except animals and i have hunted for sport and i even went fishing a few times in my life and suffocated quite a few fish in my day. Watching those little guys gasping for air didnt make me feel good or bad just glad i caught a fish. Same with killing a deer. I did it and i felt yes more powerful than the deer but i kinda went out that day already feeling that way so all was the same. But again the REAL joy of killing i feel lies solely within the context of my xbox 360 and i will let you all know you can rest easy at nigth knowing that if america is overun by uruboros infected humans i will do my part to rid us of them!!

Oh and BTW on a sperate thread there is evidence our commander in chief enjoys the merciless slaughter of flies. Go figure

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
I enjoy killing very very much!!
Those zombies in resident evil 5 do not enjoy it very very much but i keep coming back!
Yes the power to wield a smith and wesson with unlimited ammo and just watch their .s blow off and their lifeless bodies fall to the ground is so awesome and knowing my gamer score is going up just lifts my spirit.

Funny, I enjoy this game very much and I do like shooting and I am good at it,
I guess I like the challenge of a big dangerous opponent. I would feel really stupid and cowardly in killing a helpless animal or baby or a woman.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
I clearly made a statement about sadism, this is what we are talking about!

Sadism? The derivation of pleasure, usually sexual, from hurting (not killing) other human beings? Gosh, is that what the thread topic is?

Could've fooled me.

People who enjoy killing, who think they are entitled to kill for pleasure of taking a life. Barbaric and primitive tendencies of the unevolved human.

Fiddlesticks. Nobody believes they are entitled to kill for pleasure. That's why they always find excuses for it. That is precisely how all this 'I eat therefore I hunt' nonsense got started. It's just rationalization and self-justification from people who know the pleasure they take in slaughter is a guilty one.

As for 'primitive tendencies of the unevolved human' palaver, all it shows is that you don't understand evolution. All humans are equally evolved. All (this includes you) take pleasure in killing under the right circumstances. This is not a 'primitive' tendency: it is the evolved instinct of one of the most advanced and complex lifeforms ever to inhabit this planet.

I remember reading in a medical journal that Elvis had 20 pounds of undigested food in his stomach when he died... dead undigested animal fat.

I see you're not too evolved to tell little fibs, then. No such report ever appeared in any reputable medical journal. Maybe you read this nonsense in some food-faddist periodical. Or maybe you're referring to this:

The autopsy also found his colon to be heavily impacted with a clay-like fecal matter.

One of many sources for this

And now, folks, it's.... Baaaaaaack on Topic!!!

Pathological Predators... sadistic killers... remorse free monsters... cleansing and leveling... the winds and storms will conquer... one who takes a life will loose its life on the spot!

Gosh, I'd hate to meet you with a gun in your hands down a dark alley. Anger issues, eh? Eating just vegetables does seem to make people like that. Hitler, for instance, was a well-known case.

I do not see the validity in the existence of perverted and sadistic killers.

I wonder if they see any validity in yours? Sauce for the gander, etc...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So you will defend your right to kill and enjoy it , far out Homer

That gives me the right to also enjoy the kill - my "targets" are dumb boring evil ugly mindsets

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Have you looked at my posts earlier in the thread? Or even read the one you're responding to with enough attention to understand it properly?

No, thought not. :shk:

How about answering the points I made, then? Or admitting that you lied (perhaps not deliberately) about Elvis?

[edit on 17/6/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Have you even read my posts
you are ridiculising respectful and hygienic alternatives to the OWO
Id rather be called a faddist then a fascist

I know for sure that everyone is not evolved at the same level. As a responsible being it is my job to evolve less evolved beings that is true law. Not to massacre them! The programmed unconsciousness that reigns here has got to dissapate. Cruelty is a symptom of an unintegrated ego and real bad taste initiation.

Militaryindustrial corporate governments are deteriorating the food supply anyway, Toxic food = Toxic being, you are what you eat

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

:-)

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers...

funny

I will happily substitute desert - and am eternally grateful for our friend the potato

some vegetarians (seriously - most I know) are pretty easy to please - and don't require much fussing

and they don't launch into lectures every chance they get - because they realize - people have to reach their own conclusions and make their own decisions - just as they did

This thread is about something a lot more serious than food-faddism.

exactly - but truthfully - it isn't about murder - it's about killing

and do we enjoy it?

it seems like fanaticism - either end of the argument - pro/anti-hunting - pro/anti- meat

every time you eat an animal - someone, somewhere had to kill it

and it's not always humane

in fact - not usually even

while I try not to be militant about it - or preachy - it's hard to step around this one

meat comes from somewhere - we all rationalize about where it comes from - and how OK we are with how it arrives on our plates

one of those subjects - is there a right or wrong here - and aren't we just splitting hairs in the end either way?

edit to add: the reason I'm still focused on food - is the basics - just plain killing

when you bring killing humans into it - it changes the idea of the subject to the point where we lose sight of the question - because of course - no one is allowed to enjoy killing humans

but they are permitted - to some degree - to enjoy killing other things - and those things are more likely than not going to be killed for food

so - someone should step in at some point and explain why they enjoy killing kittens - because then we'd actually be discussing the real topic

[edit on 6/17/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
heck - I thought I was done

but - I might as well go one step further - antagonize more people - probably everybody

might as well - it's was a very good question after all - the OP

It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes

true

let's talk about something else - our pets

anyone who is trying to turn either their dog or cat into a vegetarian - please stop

it's wrong - and you're only hurting your animal

having said that - the next obvious thing to consider is - by owning a dog or a cat - and trying, hopefully - to do what's best for them - you're contributing towards the end of many other animal lives - even if you don't eat meat yourself

so - a complicated subject - many loose, sticky ends - finger pointing really should stop

[edit on 6/17/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

someone should step in at some point and explain why they enjoy killing kittens - because then we'd actually be discussing the real topic

Tasty bait, but these cut-price psychos are an aberration, surely? At least for adults. It's commoner for children and adolescents to do such things. This is one of the clues that the behaviour is rooted in instinct: children are more strongly ruled by it than adults. It's worth noting that our nearest animal relatives are all killers - even killers of one another, with the famous exception of bonobos.

And talking of kittens, anyone who has ever owned one knows that some animals, at least, kill for the sheer pleasure of it.

To say a type of behaviour is instinctive is not to justify or condone it. We recognize that anyone coming on here to say 'it's okay to enjoy killing kittens because I'm a killer by nature' is a nutcase. We accept killing for food as a disagreeable necessity - HulaAnglers may not agree, but meat (in moderation) is natural to the human diet and a good thing too, because we sometimes find ourselves in places - the sea, the tundra, the desert - where the only sustenance is meat. I don't actually despise vegetarians (in fact, I rather admire of them for having a principle and living up to it) but I don't see anything morally wrong in eating meat and think it is healther than otherwise to do so.

Not all of you will follow me along the next few steps. I think killing should be avoided as far as possible. Certainly we should never kill each other except under the gravest necessity, and wanton killing of animals is a disgrace. But I don't think killing (or any other action) is intrinsically good or evil in itself. It is merely right or wrong, or perhaps ethically neutral, and that depends on all the circumstances surrounding the act. And one of the most important circumstances, for the perpetrator and society alike, is the motive for the act.

If I shoot a leopard that's about to attack me, I don't doubt that killing the beast would afford me not just relief but extreme pleasure. It would, I think, be perfectly justified. But imagine now that the leopard I shot was one of the last remnants of a dwindling species - a snow leopard, perhaps. Now another moral dimension emerges. You might argue that I'm still justified in killing and taking pleasure in it, since it was my life against the leopard's. But another person might ask me, 'What were you doing in the leopard's space to begin with? Your mere presence in its habitat is an offence, precisely because it makes possible a confrontation of this kind.'

And what if I reply, 'I was flying in a plane over this country. The plane developed engine trouble and crash-landed. I am the only survivor.' What then? Does that absolve me of the responsibility of killing? Or of guilt for the pleasure I took in it? Does it make it any better that I have contributed materially to the extinction of a species?

Is the extinction of a species such a big deal, anyway? Surely by far the larger part of all the species that have existed on Earth since life first emerged must now be extinct. What difference does it make - in a moral sense - if we extinguish a few more? Who's counting, apart from us? We'll never eradicate all life on Earth, it just isn't possible.

As I've said before on other threads, Nature makes no moral demands on us - only intstinctive ones. We make morality, and we make it in order to manage our instincts. I believe killing for pleasure is wrong: whether or not you then eat what you have killed makes no difference. That's the morality by which I have chosen to live. I except pleasure in the taste of a delicious crab curry or Peking duck - I think that kind of pleasure is, to steal from the old Book of Common Prayer, 'meet, right and our bounden duty'. As imposed upon us by nature, of course, not the silly dream a starving Apostle on the road to Rome.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Feeling guilty merely for consuming sustenance is kind of silly. I do find taking pleasure in killing other vertebrates wrong, especially opprobrious are hunting other mammals and birds simply for 'sport' or enjoyment. By all means, do feel relief if in killing an animal to preserve your own existence either from starvation or being killed or injured by said animal. I'm not going to feel remorse for defending myself from a rabid dog, of which there are lots where I live, if it should happen to prove fatal to the dog.

BTW, isn't it easier conceptualizing actually enjoying the killing of alien or revulsive creatures, especially if annoying or a nuisance - such as mosquitoes or other pesky insects, than those animals more identifiably familiar and closer in phylum, order, genus or which have a pleasing or endearing appearance or behaviour?

Do you suppose Orcas have conscience attacks about playing with their food? Perhaps they enjoy killing their food as much as they do playing with it before they eat it?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by SonyAD]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
For some reason I have incredible communication with animals. Wolves and I get along real well. I want to share this video as it portrays worldclass citizens attitude toward the animal kingdom

Christian the lion

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonyAD
Do you suppose Orcas have conscience attacks about playing with their food? Perhaps they enjoy killing their food as much as they do playing with it before they eat it?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by SonyAD]

You know Orcas are separated by cultures too. Those you described are the hunter culture.

Another distinct Orca culture is a much larger community and feeds on fish only, they don't hunt seals or other whales.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join