It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooray for us coffee drinkers!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was on my way to work this morning, when I turned on my radio and heard a man talking about the actual health benefits of drinking coffee. I was stunned, and made up my mind to do some research when I got home. It seems that he was right.Coffee is full of antioxidants!!

These are just a few of the benefits of drinking 2 or more cups daily of coffee..

lower your risk of diabetes
colon cancer
Studies show that people who drink coffee on a regular basis are up to 80% less likely to develop Parkinson's disease

Lower your risk of

Alzheimers
Heart and liver disease in smokers and drinkers
Reduce headaches
Boost mood

I don't know about ya'll, but this makes be very happy!!! I love my coffee!!! Drink up fellow java enjoyers!

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

That is amazing actually. Was there any specific downsides in parallel to the benefits you remember?

I also read something a while back about smokers being much less likely to get Alzheimers. But that is probably the 1 good thing compared to the 100 bad.

Since I smoke and occasionally drink I'll have to drink more coffee if it can help with smoking detriments. A big starbucks frappuccino sounds good right now anyway.

Edit: can't spell frappuccino....

[edit on 11-6-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes!! I'm currently drinking a cup right now and never cared about what people told aboutit be bad for me. I might just have to start up another pot at this news! I like to change it up when it comes time to buy somemore. Right now it's French Roast, one of my favorites.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Was this study talking about black coffee ?

It would be my guess that once you add cream and sugar the numbers would change ?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Roast your own coffee, or buy only fresh roasted. The coffee goes stale in about 3 weeks after roasting. I've been home-roasting for a couple of years using a bread machine and heat gun.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

Of course I think the main thing with drinikng too much would be insomnia, but I am still reading! They can't seem to make up their mind what is good for you and what isn't! All I know is that my dad keeps 2 pots of coffee going all day everyday, chain smokes, and his doctor has told him many times that he has the clearest lungs he has ever seen in a smoker! That sounds good to me too!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I am sure you are correct! I was excited! I am still reading and researching and will post more info tomorrow. At this moment, I am tired and can not bring myself to read anymore!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I just got back from a run up to the local java shop to grab some iced coffee. Very good stuff!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Well I think I'm gonna start brewing regularly then!
I really don't drink coffee hardly but sometimes it sounds so good. Especially after talking about it here.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I love my coffee, french press it every morning. I work at a local coffee shop actually and we get our coffee fresh from a local grower/roaster. It's great stuff. I've been drinking coffee pretty regularly since I was around 5 years old on my grandparents farm.

Coffee has become part of who I am over the years, one year that means literally. I drank so much coffee one summer that it smelled like coffee when I began to perspire...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Rant time!

I'm sick to my stomach of the scientists/studies on cultural objects with established long term usage trends. Coffee, eggs, ham, meat, veggies, sunlight are AGES AND AGES old. People, through the ages have been known to live 100 years +/-. PERIOD!

Eggs are bad for you. Reason: Cholesterol.
Cholesterol is bad for you. Reason: Blockages.

Eggs are great for you! Reason: Vitamin B, Calcium, Protein and numerous other things.
Cholesterol is excellent for you! Reason: It is responsible for cellular wall development.

Everything in this world, even the bad stuff is part of an extremely delicate balance. The truth: You can eat manure for breakfast, light manure and something else for lunch and something light for supper. No matter what it is, if it's questionably bad for you, eat it in the morning. Drink when thirsty, enjoy all things you enjoy early in the day and go easy on the seasonings. The seasonings, sweetners, flavor enhancers are the one and only truly bad for you food items.

That, and just about ANYTHING that is branded or in a box with a picture on it is HORRIBLE for you. Anything refined, processed and has a long shelf life (in a can even) is absolutely CRIMINAL to put on the market for even pet consumption!!!

No refinements, no pictures on a box, no brands and nothing with a shelf life and you will live long and prosper, in most cases!

Meddling scientists are chasing GRANT MONEY and often refute their own earlier studies in an "extended study". I say OFF WITH THEIR VEILS! They are trashbags in many cases. Not all, but these grant chasers are the scum they wash off scum.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Doesn't Caffeine promote acne?

Or is that the sugar and milk product that is added to the final drink and the direct coffee product gets a bad rap because of that?

So, better to drink plain coffee with no sugars and milk?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I drink at least one pot a day.

Sometimes I like very strong coffee...got used to it in Domincan years ago.

When they made me coffee it was super thick and strong but it had a very sweet/bitter good taste. YUM!!

Luv coffee!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I remember reading that Edward Cayce said that coffee was a food. He said that without sugar or creamer it was good for you??? That has always bothered me.. why sugar and creamer would alter it. I also heard on a Java show that microwaving and reheating coffee changes its chemical composition in some kind of toxic way. Maybe not toxic, might not be the right word. I'll see if I can find a link.... while I drink my evening coffee.
check my location.... it is a FOOD.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I love coffee! Well, good coffee. I have had my share of bad coffee, who hasn't? I hope it is good for me because that would be the one thing, maybe, that I abuse that is okay. lol.

I have had coffee in many different countries. My bestest, heh, coffee was in Greece, where one would just order a "Nescafe" and that meant you wanted Nescafe instant coffee that was iced and blended. Oh, it was heavenly. A delicious frothy blend of sugar and coffee with a high foam, like you can get with ordering a beer on tap. You just lick your lips and go, oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! lol.

Oh, and never forget, if Juan Valdez is in the ad, it's good Columbian coffee!!!!!!! Juan knows!!!!!!

And if you are adventurous, maybe take a look at coffee fool. I have looked, but I am not convinced. lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Great, you're thread just made my day, Greenzie....err rather my night of insomnia. I always want to drink coffee if I overindulge in sugar. It may just be me but it does seems to moderate the ill effects I otherwise get with sugar but I have no idea why.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Nescafe

Here you go!
Don't have more than 3 per day of those.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
here is what wiki says about Cayce's diet...

"Cayce diet": Major dietary recommendations include the avoidance of red meat (esp. pork), alcohol (except red wine), white bread, and fried foods; a preference for fruits and (above-ground, leafy) vegetables over starches; and a high ratio (80:20%) of alkaline foods over acidic. One meal per day should consist entirely of raw vegetables. Under strict circumstances, Cayce advocated both coffee and pure tobacco cigarettes to be non-harmful to health. “Food combining” was also a central idea in the Cayce diet. According to Cayce, several food combinations that are contraindicated are coffee with milk or sugar, citrus fruit with starchy foods, and high protein foods with starches. Cayce himself followed very few of the dietary recommendations that were suggested by the readings. According to Cayce, two or three almonds (see Amygdalin) a day keeps cancer away.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Coffee and cavities Some researchers believe another compound called "trigonelline" - which gives coffee its bitter taste and its aroma - may be responsible for giving coffee both anti-adhesive and antibacterial properties which help prevent dental cavities from formi
more on coffee benefits.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I really didn't find any negatives to adding cream and sugar, other than caloric intake. A plain cup of black coffee has 2 calories. Coffee beans contain oils...add a tablespoon of sugar 48 calories and a tablespoon of cream 52 calories...a tablespoon of non-dairy creamer powder 33 calories or liquid non dairy creamer 20 calories...now some of your fancier brews can contain very high numbers of calories.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join