It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metalic object with unidentified wrighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
When I visited a rock shop between Sequim and Port Angeles Washington, I found an odd shaped piece of metal with weird inscription on it. it was about the size of a license plate, ¼ inch thick had inscription on it. It looked like nothing I have ever seen before and looked more complex than Arabic. I didn’t have a camera with me to take pictures. Has anyone ever seen anything like I’m describing? When I’m able to I will go back and take pictures but it will be a while to gas prices and my expenses.

Any idea what it could be?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Can you provide any more details? Did you talk to the shopkeeper at all about it? Without more info, we don't have much to go on. But I'm pretty familiar with languages, so if you could upload a pic, maybe I can help you out. Seeing that you mentioned arabic script, maybe it's hebrew or devanagari (used in Hindi). Try googling "devanagari" and tell me if it looks anything like that.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 11-6-2009 by killuminati2012]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the writing was nothing like that. it was very well writen almost like lazer inscription in a strait line and very prisice. i dident talk to the shop keeper he said that he had to leave he was closing up when i seen it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, open up paint and draw what you saw and post it here. Oh, you forgot what the writing looked like? Ok then..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
if i could draw what i seen i would. its to complex to draw. im not an artist. picture arabic writing but closer together and just barly space apart but all the way down. im looking online to see what it even comes close to as far as script.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
s3.amazonaws.com...

picture this writing but smaller letters and closer together. its not exact but close to what i saw

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you, but I'm interested to figure out what it is. Maybe it's a more artistic form of arabic. Try googling "arabic koran" and then go to google images. Did it look anything like those?

Edit to add: After looking at that picture, I guess this post is irrelevant. I'll keep looking

[edit on 11-6-2009 by killuminati2012]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Could be the rumored alien 'universal' symbolic language? Hey, you asked for something I have seen familiar and the Roswell debris, Dulce papers, and Kecksburg rung a bell.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I believe your link is showing tibetan. Depending on the writing style, it could look more like what you saw. Tibetan would seem like a safe bet if the rock was supposed to serve some spiritual purpose

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
As long as we are open to wild speculation without anything to go on I say...

Maybe a crashed dragonfly drone that defected from Apple in Cupertino to Microsoft on Washington?

Or TRIED to defect until the MS assimilation proton beam shot him down!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
How bout you go take a picture of this piece of metal and then start a thread based on....something to see! Without that, we can go on and on about something we envision. What a waist of time. Sorry so harsh, but why start a thread with nothing to show us as evidence?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
How bout you go take a picture of this piece of metal and then start a thread based on....something to see! Without that, we can go on and on about something we envision. What a waist of time. Sorry so harsh, but why start a thread with nothing to show us as evidence?

Because you might actually learn something in the process of trying to help this guy out. What happened to everyone's sense of adventure? I swear, we all need instant gratification.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
no we need facts and pictures to look at before we come to any conclusion.as far as i m concerned it could be some elephants novel.no disrespect.lets see pictures and then lets discuss.no point in speculating.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

Like this?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasoutlaw
...picture arabic writing but closer together and just barly space apart but all the way down. im looking online to see what it even comes close to as far as script.

Did it look like this? This is Khmer/Cambodian:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4965a852f810.gif[/atsimg]

Translation:
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. (Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights) www.omniglot.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
it dident look like either one of the pics posted. i will do my best to get you pictures of the metal object but will do in time. i live in tacoma and it is in port angeles its a couple hours drive and i dont have the money right now. just thought it would be cool to see if anyone else has seen sompthing like this or know what it is or could be. maby i can get a friend who lives up there to see if its still there and can get a pic for me

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What was the name of the store? What else was the guy selling? Where in PA is this place?

Can you go on maps.google.com and pinpoint where it is?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Klingon?

Weird thread. No pics at all?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
May I ask why this is in the Alien and UFO forum? You state that you have no idea what language it is, and there are over 2000 written languages in the the world.

To jump to the conclusion that they are alien is a little far fetched don't you think?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This belongs in skunk works. If you perhaps can go back to the shop and get a photo of the object, that would be nice. Till then I am forced to assume that you made the whole thing up. I hate to be that way, but what am I supposed to make of this?

Just so I have something to contribute, how about this?

Arabic

Hebrew

Japanese

Chinese

Taiwanese

Korean

Cantonese

Ethiopian

Cambodian

Sanskrit

Slavic

Egyptian