It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American pie a funeral hymn for America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
[

American pie is a funeral hymn for America

THE SONG AMERICAN PIE IS ABOUT AMERICA

In Deuteronomy 31:29, God said that a 'song' would testify against the descendants of Israel, in the latter days;

Deut 31:29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in 'THE LATTER DAYS'; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands

The hidden prophecy in the song of Moses is recorded in chapter 32, of Deuteronomy. It is a prophecy that testifies against America in these LATTER DAYS. In time, as you learn this song, you will see, and understand, that the 'Song of Moses,' and the song 'American Pie' are saying the same thing and both are addressed to America
it never made any sense to me that this song was written about Buddy Holly.
i found this and sadly enough it makes a world of sense more .
i'm not easily shaken , but the more i read this interp. the more sadness i
felt for my country and everyone in it. no rebuttles please. if you read this,just chaulk it up to your data banks but i would like to hear your thoughts after you look at the interpretation.
go to the bottom of page 2 of this thread

[edit on 12-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Man what a great song,thank you so much. Heres a link wish somebody would embed it.

video.google.com...#

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
learn to link brother, it ain't that hard.

this is a second line...

really it is.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

where do i go to learn linking?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

thank you nickoli but i really can't even listen to that song right now.

i just fall apart

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There's a board questions section or a sophomore poster section. I also think there is a "how to" section for media.

Anyway, music can be folded neatly over any situation past, current or present. Try firing up " A Times They are a Changing"

ZOMG, the times...they are really....a changin'

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Guide to BB Code on ATS will tell you everything you need to know about imbedding, linking, etc.

I always thought that this great (and lengthy) epic was about the passing of the culture of the 60's. I think the song came out in the early 70's, and while Buddy Holly might be a starting point to the song, it talks about a ten year period...

yep, it's a melancholy song..... maybe with a tinge of hope. A real American anthem.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

thanks lello. and argentus

[edit on 11-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

hmmmmmmm, so it might be subjectively interpretive as we perceive the present situation? That's interesting lello... sort of a Nostradamus-like subjectivity?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

yes its a prohetic funeral hymn. read the interpatation.
for starters the american way of life a family a home, a slice of the american pie say bye bye

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is a song that can be interpreted numerous ways an was possibly written to be such..... Some how regardless of how it it interpreted, it has remained relevant and has always been a song mourning the changes brought forth by time.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm not going to debate anyone about the fact that this song has the ability to move anyone emotionally.

I'm old enough to know what this song was actually about at the time it was written and performed, lol.

If the next generation wants to lay it over the current time line, then so be it.

As someone mentioned though, it is like interpreting Nostradamus . You can read a lot of things into it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think it's more a funeral hymn for that era of his life. That would explain the various elements he sings about.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here ya go.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yea, that era being the 50's thru the 60's. It is extremely well documented what this song is about. Like I said, if you want to lay this over current events, knock yourself out, but it wasn't the intent of the song.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh, by the way, I was worried about the aspartame controversy with Coke Zero, but then I heard this song and realized it was all fine.

www.youtube.com...

These guys were telling us all something.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

on the original 45 cut of this song it says yahweh records and there is no such label my girl happened to have one.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Awesome. Just had a nice family sing along.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is there anything in writing besides the non-information on that site? I really do not have time to listen to the mp3's

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Actually the artist has said that he doubted anyone would know what it is about. It could be interpreted many ways . . . just like Nostradamus

top topics

<<   2 >>

join