It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto threatens shop keeper says Vanity Fair

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Monsanto threatens shop keeper says Vanity Fair

www.vanityfair.com

Everyone knows Rinehart, who was born and raised in the area and runs one of Eagleville’s few surviving businesses. The stranger came up to the counter and asked for him by name.

“Well, that’s me,” said Rinehart.

As Rinehart would recall, the man began verbally attacking him, saying he had proof that Rinehart had planted Monsanto’s genetically modified (G.M.) soybeans in violation of the company’s patent. Better come clean and settle with Monsanto, Rinehart says the man told him—or face the consequences.

Rinehart was incredulous, listening to the words as puzzled custome
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
current.com
www.voteyeson##.###
www.sourcewatch.org
mathaba.net

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Monsanto & Cancer Milk: Fox News Kills Story & Fires Reporters
The World According to Monsanto - A documentary that Americans won't ever see.
Obama picks MONSANTO guy as head of agriculture... This'll be some interesting change, won't it?
Confidential not for distribution - Monsanto Document found

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The evil of monsanto has made its way to mainstream newspaper vanity fair.
It seems sickening that this is going on because of patents. Private investigators going into rural areas to threaten small town business.
So albeit it is to control nature. They are moving into others areas such as milk and water. When will it stop!

www.vanityfair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This should be watched by everyone, Max Igan's video on the codex and what we must realize should be our response to it. He even brings up the very scenario of being sued by Monsanto for their evil seeds spreading into your crop, including an example of what you should say.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Scenes like this are playing out in many parts of rural America these days as Monsanto goes after farmers, farmers’ co-ops, seed dealers—anyone it suspects may have infringed its patents of genetically modified seeds. As interviews and reams of court documents reveal, Monsanto relies on a shadowy army of private investigators and agents in the American heartland to strike fear into farm country. They fan out into fields and farm towns, where they secretly videotape and photograph farmers, store owners, and co-ops; infiltrate community meetings; and gather information from informants about farming activities. Farmers say that some Monsanto agents pretend to be surveyors. Others confront farmers on their land and try to pressure them to sign papers giving Monsanto access to their private records. Farmers call them the “seed police” and use words such as “Gestapo” and “Mafia” to describe their tactics.

Like most multi-national conglomerates, monsanto disgusts me. The gov just lets them run rampant because they are all the same folks.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My God.

Monsanto is evil in a "bald headed, white cat petting, '...no Mr. Bond, I expect you to die'" sort of way.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this related thread more good stuff on Monsanto

It is ridiculous how they are getting away with their dirty business, they are so guilty of defiling this planet!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What farmers should do if their crop gets tainted with Monsanto's GM crops is this:

Send them a bill for the following:
Rent for the land their inferior crop was growing on - the land is yours.
Try to claim damages for every plant that took up your valuable land, you were unable to grow your crops there because their #ty GM found their way onto your land.

This is absurd - these corporate criminals should be tried and thrown in jail for crimes against the planet.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's Mosanto, Congress denies it because Congress is made up of 10-20 Mosanto employees

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Monsanto is no longer an agriculture technology corporation

they are now 95% legal team 5% agri scientist

i know its really stupid

what would a bunch of lawyers know about farming anyway

[edit on 12-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
NPR just had a story this morning discussing how 90% of americans would like a label on their food discerning whether it is genetically modified or not, but Monsanto has successfully lobbied Washington to block such a measure.

I am not one for Hyperbole, but Monsanto is evil.

God/Nature...whatever...has evolved certain plants for Millions of years and Monsanto has decided they can do better via genetic modification whithout consequences.

Research has shown that the garbage Monsanto is flooding the world with reduces our resistance to diseases like cancer and is seriously less nutritous than organically grown food like people have eaten since the begining of mankind. Less nutrition, less anti-oxidants etc..

So we need to eat MORE Monsanto originated foods just to maintain the nutrition and level of health that our parents had...

What a world...where "organic" food is considered a luxury item. It's what our grandparents farmed and ate.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The biggest study into organic food has found that it is more nutritious than ordinary produce and may help to lengthen people's lives.

The evidence from the £12m four-year project will end years of debate and is likely to overturn government advice that eating organic food is no more than a lifestyle choice.

The study found that organic fruit and vegetables contained as much as 40% more antioxidants, which scientists believe can cut the risk of cancer and heart disease, Britain’s biggest killers. They also had higher levels of beneficial minerals such as iron and zinc....

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
you don't need to make a fuss about it, that's just a psycho having his funny time at the shop-owner expense...nothing else.

In my bus i see the same old bum who always says the same things, like he was abducted by the secret service and given "sleepy gas" and stuff. No one from the real secret service ever bothered him.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Monsanto's conduct is indeed cause for worldwide fear and concern. I wonder whether it could it be considered the world's most dangerous eco-terrorist? The owners and management of any small business that went around doing what Monsanto does would soon find themselves on the wrong end of serious criminal charges. It appears that if a perpetrator has enough size, power, and money then almost anything gets a free pass from the law.

[edit on 6/12/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

you don't need to make a fuss about it, that's just a psycho having his funny time at the shop-owner expense...nothing else.

Read the article please! It wasn't just some loon harrassing the shopkeeper, it was a Monsanto investigator. The article details how Monsanto followed up with the shopkeeper by filing a suit against him and he had to hire an attorney. They did in fact have no case and had confused him for someone else and eventually dropped the suit...no apologies, no reimbursement for the shopkeepers legal expenses.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If anyone ever tries to take my water or food I will have no choice but to consider that a threat to my life and will take the appropriate actions.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
This should be watched by everyone, Max Igan's video on the codex and what we must realize should be our response to it.

Are you HIGH?

As if you have the ability to recognize what OUR response should be to it?

Who do you think you are knowing what MY response SHOULD be?

That my friend, is the closest thing to fascism I've seen in a long while....

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Have never taken recreational drugs if thats what you're implying. A little annoyed to see that question from you, but on the other hand, perhaps my wording should have been less all encompassing, and so I apologize for implying that anyone should have to respond in any given way, save that this is our planet, our future, and the world our children inherit, so those awake do have a responsibility, or freedom, and health, and most of all choice and soveriegnity is over!

I have a thread that relates to this a bit, and I took notes on some off the videos so this could be shared:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From video 2/5

..(they will sue you when their seeds contaminate and take over your crop, when...).cross pollenation has come and contaminated your organic farm. What you want to do when this situation happens is say "No. I'm not going to pay any fine for growing your crops. What I'm going to do is sue you for contaminating my organic crop. And I can prove to you I didn't grow your genetically modified crop by choice because I have an IQ thats over single digits. I'm not stupid enough to grow any of your completely ridiculous patented genically modified frankenstein food because i want to be able to grow seeds next year. I'm not stupid enough to want and go and buy seeds from you all the time.

.. They do try and fill you with fear, they do say you need to get guns, you need to go on marches, you need to stock up, you need to become self sufficient and all these things are true, and they're all good ideas, but they all should be done just as a matter of course, without the fear. Just done because its wise to do it because chance favors the prepared. You just need to stand up and you need to start doing the right thing. Thats the whole thing folks, they can only get away with this if you don't do the right thing....standing up for your rights. Its about standing up for the rights of others....Forget their stupid laws and STAND UP FOR YOUR CHILDREN FOLKS BECAUSE ULTIMATELY YOU'RE ALL THEY HAVE.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Sorry, for the record though, high can refer to alcohol as well... but I was using hyperbole to ask if you had lost your senses...

I found it completely hilarious and ironic that the video you posted implies Obamas election leads us to facism when in fact your post suggested the video shows us what "what we must realize should be our response to it"... a fascist statement.

You can't fight what you believe to be Fascism using fascism and expect not to become a fascist.

I understand you are very concerned about the Codex... that makes sense... and I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities with my hyperbole, I tend to speak like a member of parliament or something when my own sensibilities have been offended.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I would put his gonads in a vice grip! The nerve of Monsanto, they need to be sued for allowing their franken food seeds float around landing in everyones fields! I am sure this man wouldn't willlingly grow Monsanto crap, niether would any of the people being reported in this same situation with Monsanto. They are demons, we need to all revolt against them BUY ORGANIC ONLY!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have the answer!!! Though its rather unsavory.. kidnapp the president and CEO and his thugs, of monsanto, and push em in the Hladron collider, IF a black hole does open up welll.......alla re trouble have gone to another dimesnion lol..and no threat tot he dimensional beings, as thier praticles and atoms would be scattered throught thier air and space

just an idea lol

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Its all alright, didn't mean to suggest you had to respond in certain way anyway, but the videos are not exactly anti-Obama as much as it is anti-Bildenburg and brings a great deal of information about the codex, and the nazi who thought the entire plan up and sold it to the UN as a good idea just after being released from the time he served after the Nuremberg Trials. But for the record, though I won't say I never have a drink, its not that I'm opposed to it, but an example of how little I drink is, 4 drinks for 2008. So, I guess I just lost my senses.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by mystiq]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join