It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let us all pray for Osama Bin Laden!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have felt compelled lately to lead the world to pray for Osama Bin Laden. Everybody could use a little prayer in their life, so I feel it is the right thing to do.

We do not really understand what drives this man. Maybe he was abused by an overbearing father, and now he feels a need to rebel against the world.

I just feel like prayer might lead us to greater understanding of what we can do to help this angry man. It will do us all some good to try to see things through his eyes, and to show him compassion. We are called to Love our Enemies.

If we could all just learn to forgive him, we could forgive almost anything. Just think how spiritually enlightened and close to God we may grow to be.

So please join me in praying for Osama Bin Laden at least once a day for the next month. Who knows maybe he will change or we will change. What could it hurt?

We can know that God would be pleased with out attempts at forgiveness and understanding as we try to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

That's an amazingly interesting way of looking at things.
Tough to show compassion for an enemy. But if the man is even alive and is capable of feeling guilt or compassion on his own, who knows, maybe he'll turn himself in?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Yeah he just might. You know what they say, "The Lord works in mysterious ways."

I just dream that somehow he could find Christ and turn his life around for the good of the world.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
you mean Tim Osman?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
..he's probably dead.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

This coming from a holy man who misses "the days of wild white chicks" quoted more or less the same as you wrote it

Everybody makes mistakes in their life and you're no different but to miss those mistakes HA I find that laughable. "Good Sex or Good Love" you CAN have both. The world of today crumbles a little bit more with every second.
IF anybody deserves a prayer it is you!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey while were at it lets pray for Satan, maybe Sutar, or crap how about Lex Luthor. That has to be the smartest thing I'v ever heard in my life, hes not worth anyones prayer. Let him burn in Sutar's fire.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraftI just dream that somehow he could find Christ and turn his life around for the good of the world.

Dreams are a good thing, we all need them. But I think it's time to wake up now.

Do you really think that someone so entrenched in the Muslim faith that he calls for jihad against the infidels will "find Christ"? Really!?!?

Feel free to pray all you want, but I think that one will go unanswered.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There are no villains. hitler, ... bil laden, ..... everyone has done what they beleive to be right.

In the end only the victor's are hero's.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Let us all pray for Osama Bin Laden!

Sure thing...let me just go use the restroom first.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24d6243886d3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Although I believe in Forgiveness, I also believe in Justice, and if for some reason Osama Bin Laden is still alive, I would rather hope that it is for not much longer. If on the other hand Osama Bin Laden is dead, I do believe that he has joined the likes of Hitler, and various other evil tyrants, in their rightful dwelling of Hell.

You cannot reason with Evil, despite how much you may wish to do so. Therefore, Evil must be resisted, and fought on multiple levels (With Arms, Education, the Instilling of Moral Values, etc.). Osama Bin Laden is nothing short of the Devil incarnate on Earth, and the vast majority of his followers act more like Demons than they do Humans. I have seen the evil these people have perpetrated, and the manner in which they have gone about it, and I guarantee you that no amount of "Hope" will change the facts behind such.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hmm wasn't there like two , so which one !

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Are we on ATS right now? Hasn't it been proven over and over again that he had nothing to do with attacking the US? Why all the hate still? Afterall, we did invade his country... he never invaded ours.

And besides, he was trained and operated by the CIA, and he did great things for us such as fighting the Russians.

Bin Laden is the most successful mastermind of all time

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
(I'm a Christian)

Maybe Christians like the OP should remove their head from their @ss and do a little research on this forum.

I understand praying for the enemy is a good idea,

But the OP still lives in the Matrix.

WAKE UP, and stop letting the church influence you like this.

You want to pray for a real enemy? Pray for the people that have all the money. Pray for the people that have the power to print money.

Didn't Jesus always warn us about the evil of money? Osama Bin Laden had his share of money... but that is chump change compared to the people I'm talking about.

When I see an avatar like that... and then I read a message like this, it's no wonder why I don't go to church anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Besides... I don't think many Christian churches pray for men that died a long time ago.

When I'm dead... please remember to pray for me several years later.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

So are you saying it is sinful to have power or to be able to print money if that is your job?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

So are you saying it is sinful to have power or to be able to print money if that is your job?

No, I'm saying this:

Jesus once said it's harder for a rich man to get into heaven than a poor man.

So shouln't we pray for the rich? I once had a lot of money, and I can see how easy it is for money to blind a man.

And I'm also saying this:

Out of all the people in the world, you want to pray for Osama Bin Laden? A guy that you have never met in person?

Don't let your TV be the deciding factor for who you pray for... Let the people you come in close contact with be the deciding factor for who you pray for.

Jesus would not watch TV
Jesus would not search the internet
Jesus probably didn't even spend money... especially if it had the Illuminati Pyramid symbol on it.

Jesus walked... and people followed.

For you to try to lead a prayer on the internet, for some supposed "evil" man, makes me question where your spirit is... and furthermore... where your common sense is.

Go to the children's hospital... You'll find what you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Well I see your point and it makes me think of a joke. Pastors always pray for the rich, that is how the bills get paid.

Really though, it is good to pray for lots of people. It helps us understand them and gives us more compassion for them. I think we should pray for whoever we are led to pray for.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think our nation needs our prayers more than anyone right now...

top topics

join