It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The 6 Best 2012 Apocalypse Theories (Are All Bullshhh)"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The 6 Best 2012 Apocalypse Theories (Are All BullShhhhh)

Please note: Cracked.com is an extension of Cracked magazine; it is a HUMOR site.

Another Note: The thread title is not my own, it is the title of the article.

6. The Mayan Calendar
5. I-Ching (Time Wave Zero)
4. WebBot
3. Hopi Prophecy
2. Mother Shipton
1. Nostradamus

The article is a basic "debunking" of the famous 2012 prophecies.

Personally, I am conflicted about 2012. It does seem like things are aligning (no pun intended) for a major change on this planet...but at the same time, I'm sure every generation has felt that way at some point. What do you all think?

Do you think the intended message of the Mayan Calendar and other prophecies were to signal an apocalypse in 2012? Do you think they will be proven true?

Any counter-arguments to the debunking done in the article?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by kawz1]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If I remember correctly the end of a Mayan calender (2012) says nothing about apocalypse. It's apparently the end of a cycle, the start of a new one.

I might be mistaken but I'm sure the Mayan 2012 "prophecy" is a positive thing, not the end of the world.

Someone let me know if I'm wrong

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

umm you do realize your source is a humor magazine?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Could've sworn I put some notes at the beginning of that post.

Yes, I am fully aware that it is a humor magazine, as I am an avid reader of that site. However, I wouldn't dismiss every article they put out as dumb laughs as comedy is often an excellent medium to deliver some very insightful commentary on things.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

haha I agree, they have been known to let some nuggets of truth show every once in a while.

I would take it with a grain of salt, though

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Why? Because the government said that all the theories are nothing but lunatics trying to make a buck. There are just as many honest people who are trying to figure this whole thing out who seek no profit. They just want to know what "could" happen. NASA wouldn't just come out and say that the Sumerian Planet Nibiru was returning would they? No they would tell the Freemason/Illuminati in Hollywood to make some movie about such a scenario.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I might be mistaken but I'm sure the Mayan 2012 "prophecy" is a positive thing, not the end of the world.

It is. It is the time we would go into the 4th dimention.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

Charlie Frost has the most comprehensive information on the internet regarding 2012, take heed and listen...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Regarding numbers 1,2,3,5 & 6 - the prophecies from these sources will be quite gard to debunk gicen that the originators are now dead...some long dead. These will just have to run their course, and then in hindsight we can say, hey that was BS or jeez that was spot-on.

Number 5 (I-Ching) is non-debunkable as far as I'm concerned, however McKenna's interpretation of it (Timewave Zero) can be held up to scrutiny given that it wasn't a prophecy at all, but was a program that crunched and graphed data showing the numbers reaching infinity (or zero) on a particular date. History can be correlated with the graph, and events can also be correlated to previous events in history. The program is still around, I for one use it, and it's available for debunking at any time.

The Web-bots, well, they've had hits and misses. I think they are definitely on to something, and could possibly be tracking the same thing as the timewave and perhaps the Global Consciousness Project. I do think, however, the linguistics they track are geared towards humanity's fears rather than what will actually happen. I think the timewave is more accurate given it tracks periods of chaos and calm, likewise the GCP tracks immenent major events without specifying what's about to happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Personal opinion is that were entering the Age of Aquarius which will be marked by a Jesus like martyr who dies for all of us.

Why? Well everybody knows Jesus was NOT born on December 25th.

Click Here For an Article on Why He Wasn't

I believe that Jesus actually was REBORN on the 25th, meaning he spent the previous 3 days in the cave, Thus being put on the cross on the 21st.

I'm pretty sure that's what my Mormon friend said he was taught, but can't remember for certain.

We know history repeats itself, so could it just be that Jesus brought in the Age of Pisces and the the next "Jesus" will usher in the Age of Aquarius?

I think Zeitgeist said something about that...just another way to look at 2012

I wouldn't listen to Charlie Frost, he "predicts" EVERY situation discussed, that be like if at the begining of the upcoming NFL season I make youtube videos of every team claiming they will win the Super Bowl. Not really going out on a limb or making even the closest to a bold description. Charlie Frost just picks everything scientists have said about how the Earth would end and formed it into a hodpodge 2012 idea. Weak Sauce Frost, weak sauce.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I suppose it's obvious then that this Charlie Frost guy is in fact Woody Harrelson promoting the 2012 movie? I'd just like to throw that out there given it doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet. That fact should outweigh and supersede any information contained within any of those videos...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That's too many things pointing to one thing that makes no sense. Above all the Bible is the best way to determine the future through Jesus Christ.

Here is a matrix on 2012 that keeps it mysterious but still is asking the reader a question. This is one of those codes that no one could find in anything else.

You shouldn't take these next years lightly. They are not going to be all fun and games. I'm not saying 2012 is the final year of everything or a mass awakening of anything or the return of anything, but a point of transition. Included in the Seven Year Tribulation period.

biblecodedigest.com...

top topics

join