It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is english.pravda.ru disinfo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This site is copping a massive ride due to ATS ATM and I just want to know if this site is full on bogus or not? This and the all-news-web seem like how a black op would run a disinfo site to either discredit truth, or establish an agenda?

Any others feeling this?

wZn

[edit on 11-6-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've seen one member posting all kinds of bogus stories from that site. I made the mistake of visiting two pages and one link to some pictures from one of the articles. My avast! caught a trojan from going to the picture gallery. I won't be going back to that site anymore... much less trusting any of the garbage I've read.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Estharik]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I don't see it as a valid source of info, wish the posts with links to their site will stop already. Not mentioning any names but please stop it already.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

The content from Pravda is so blatantly bogus that it cannot be seriously regarded as disinfo.

I kind of got the impression someone had made a fake account and decided to post all the pravda stories for some fun.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm counting 5 posts from one person from that "news" source. Is it against the T&C to call out the name of whoever is posting these bogus topics? Seems either they're really gullible or trying to rack up points

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ironically, pravda means truth in russian.
I don't like them as a source either. Too much of their output just seems bogus, and they never have good sources backing them up.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by jimminycricket]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ah good you're onto it

yeah this kind of site is something ATS should avoid.

glad I'm not alone on this one

wZn

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Don't you know that anything not american can't be trusted?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
ah good you're onto it

yeah this kind of site is something ATS should avoid.

glad I'm not alone on this one

wZn

I'm not sure how I feel about a site like ATS avoiding it. One of the big aims of ATS seems to be to discuss 'alternative' topics, so while I don't really like the site myself, I would never call for ATS to block it, or shut down threads using it, unless there is some other foul play as there was in the case of All News Web.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Pravda is every bit as ligitimate as Fox News, MSNBC and CNN as a news source.

If you are looking for a clearly biased, propagandized, manipulated, sensationalized, and/or controlled news source that produces as much fiction as facts, lies as truth, and fakery as reality, any of the above will do!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
To me Pravda seems more like a National Enquirer site than a MSM site. Everything on Pravda I've real this afternoon was just crazy.... not saying I trust MSM but at least they report eh.... for a lack of a better word.. "real" news, even if it's filled with lies and fakery

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Amen to that!..........lol

Anyways gotta agree, all-news-web and pravda are incredibly bogus sources.

Regards,

Edit: why is 'all-news-web' censored out on ATS as a word?

[edit on 11/6/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thinking about it more, the subject of legitimate sources is a problem. In part I agree with Walkswithfish, most of the mainstream media has problems too. Sometimes when people post things, it's hard to know how reliable the source is.

A suggestion I would make, is when a news topic gets posted, people could give the source a thumbs up or thumbs down, and that data could be stored and kept up to date, and displayed in the topics that use that source, kind of like a flag system but for sources. and this could serve as a simple broad indicator of the ATS approval/disapproval of that source.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimminycricket
people could give the source a thumbs up or thumbs down

A rather inventive idea. But then again, the situation may lead to credible sources getting all the thumbs-down thus being dismissed forever on ATS; and the bad sources and the sort get the thumbs-up somehow.

Just a possible scenario.

Cheers,

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimminycricket

That is an excellent concept.

You should submit that suggestion to the overlords of ATS.

Perhaps in the news forum only they could have a system like the flag system that gives the members the ability to vote
or
on only the news source. With a number reflecting the total of each at the top.

Example:

Member Source Ranking:

Source Vote
(clickable)

It would be a fascinating thing to observe and participate in.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
remember this little hoax?...

the people at pravda think its a real alien lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Yes, I think you are on to something there. Perhaps as Walkswithfish says, it could show both the values, not a total. The main aim would be to weed out the really bad sources IMO. Anyway, as suggested, I have submitted it as a suggestion, I'm sure if they like the idea, the overlords will be able to iron out how it works so that it does end up useful.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's beyond disinfo, it's largely made up or "enhanced" like the late, great Weekly World News. Pravda means "truth" in Russian, but the Russians used to say something along the lines of of "In Pravda there is no truth or news." No one takes it seriously in Russia but the English print version used to be a decent read.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
and they still come form that site...

another one posted today www.abovetopsecret.com...

aye carumba !

wZn

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry on a scale of 1 through 10 on the BS scale I put them at a 9. 10 being the worst, right up there with FOX, CNN, and yes the BBC. I dont trust any news outlet anymore. I try to view all of them and decipher the real "Truth"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join