It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Shadows and other High Strangeness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
While doing some research on some of my normal weird subjects, specifically the ancient Greek concept of Aether, Enochian Aethyrs and the modern Hyperspace of theoretical physics, I stumbled upon some interesting tidbits.

In our 3 dimensions when an object casts a shadow, the shadow is 2 dimensional.
A 2 dimensional object should have a 1 dimensional shadow.

Now for the really weird one.

A 4 dimensional object would project a 3 dimensional shadow.

This got me wondering could an object or entity in hyperspace project a 3D shadow into our Euclidean space.

Could this possibly explain the phenoma of "Shades" or Shadowpeople?

This has also lead to me to wonder "Does light exist in hyperspace?"
I have read before that it may not exist in higher dimensions and that gravitational radiation would function much like light in hyperspace.

Regardless of the type pf radiation I think this could have real value to the anomalous phenomena that some refer to as "Aliens and UFOs", especially for the extradimensional hypothesis of Dr. Vallee and Dr. Hynek.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Your idea does make some sense. Indeed multi dimensional being could possibly have 3d shadows. I think this area deserves more research.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Now for the really weird one.

A 4 dimensional object would project a 3 dimensional shadow.

This got me wondering could an object or entity in hyperspace project a 3D shadow into our Euclidean space.

Yes, and we commonly call these 3D shadows 'people'. I believe you may be one. Me too

So I agree with the your theory, I just think that it may apply to everything in 3D, not just "shadow" people and what have you.

Perhaps a high degree of awareness focused on 4D nature while exploring 3D causes or allows for "shadowiness" and other unusual phenomena, whereas a low or nonexistent awareness of 4D nature causes concretization in 3D, and a false perception of this being your complete identity and nature, as if you believed you were your own shadow?

I like the way your mind works. Star & Flag.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well it sounds like a gd idea and required further investigation. It might explain the shadowy type orbs my frreind has been seeing in his room of recent

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"G"Day,

Hmmm very good thinking, would explane a few things I have seen in my life time. will have to look into this some more. Thanks..

Kernoonos...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hi, 3rd density persons.

Speaking of 2 and 3 dimensions, I have a question about a
mirror, that is flat, so 2D, that shows 3D objects: the room where
we are, and/or our own picture:

We all see that when we look at our image in a mirror, our left arm
becomes our right arm, in the image, right ?

How come, our head does not become our feet ???? B-))))
Are we 2 1/2 Dimensionnal ? B-) ! ! It's a joke ! !

Nice first message, OP !

Blue skies.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hmmm... a thinker. I like thinkers.

I don’t normally post about my musings (the pure whimsy one's without references otherwise known as "What ifs" but here goes:

Since I subscribe to a bit of what you said myself, but don’t believe we are the nexus for hyperspace travel that would create so many sightings allow me to add this twist. (I'm too lazy for references tonight so Google away)

Taking the theory of Mind as Quantum Hologram, let's blindly jump one step further...

What if Mind as Quantum Hologram existed in hyperspace?

[How fast do we think? I know, you say at 1c. I feel like I think faster :-) ]

(I suppose you could tangent into a collective consciousness conversation, but that's not my intention)

What if your minds wanderings, dreams, lusts and other ethereal ramblings were projected outward and occasionally manifested themselves to those around you? Perhaps your four dimensional jaunts might be so powerful as to be seen by many (mass sightings) or only a few (shadow people).

As I said, it's a "what if"... S/F for you... I'd love to have this talk around the fire with a good Islay Single Malt

[edit on 11/6/2009 by whiskeypoet]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Good topic,

I had my first experience what appeared to be a 3D shadow while on the computer in my basement.

Just a month ago, I was alone downstairs and I thought I saw a shadow on the wall moving. I thought it was my daughter so I got up and called her name. I walked up to the area where I saw the shadow and no one was there. I headed upstairs and checked on my daughter and wife and they were both asleep. No biggie, I thought my mind was playing tricks.

Now, last Friday I was in my basement again and this time I heard a sound and looked up. I saw what appeared to be a 3 dimensional shadow. But it was moving fast and as if it was going through the ceiling from my basement. I was kind of shocked of what I saw but remained steady.

I just sat there for 4 minutes or so and decided to get up and look around. It was the strangest thing to see a transparent shadow in a 3D shape. If I was to describe the size of the shadow, it was about the size of a medium sized bird. Maybe the size of a Robin.

Having said that, I'm still trying to figure out if my mind was playing tricks on me.

I'll be interested to hear other stories if anyone has them.

new topics

join