It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scared to death ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Posting this with Demons And Wizards - Winter of Souls playing in the background.

Is anyone other than me scarred #less as to what will happen when these soldiers return home from Iraq. As they would have had there spirits broken in hostile situations in various parts of Iraq. Even though there have been 500 US casualties, there will be more once the soldiers return home, among US soldiers and civillians in the states. Same will also happen with other soldiers from other countries paricipating in this Vietnam like war. It's happened before and will most likely happen again.

Finishing the post with Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams playing in the background

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Honestly, i dont think the soldiers have anything to worry about (except those pricks playing those twisted games with the prisoners). The world is entirely different now than it was in the 60's and 70's. Even though the majority of people are against the war, they'e behind the soldiers. its not the soldiers fault they're over there.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just hope they'll be supported.
While they're at war, it's all about supporting the troops.
They need just as much support when they come home.
Especially if there is an onslaught of medical problems.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You can guarantee that the government won't give a #, so its up to the general public. No matter what we think of the war, the people sent out there deserve to be treated decently when they get back.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I doubt they have anything to worry about. There are the folks who blame the soldiers for what they're doing and want to see as many Americans as possible die (See Berkley, and a couple (I can only think of one) ATSers who feel this way(And that ATSer lives in Israel, not the US)) The rest may hate the war, but not the soldiers. I suspect they'll return to a hero's welcome, unless they're among the 17 involved in the prison.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
1. I live in berkeley
2. I go to school at the university
3. I do not blame soldiers and i do not want to see them die.
4. I believe the war in Iraq is a well-justified and long overdue event
5. I also know that there is no more than the slightest minority (~10) in my town/in my school who blame the soldiers for what they're doing or who want to see more americans die
~~
What the # would motivate you to say such a stupid #-for-brained thing? Historically I happend to regard your posts with above-average respect, but this takes the mother #ing cake!

ARE YOU DAFT MAN?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Very cute, Cascadego. I was refering to the two speakers, the one before the war calling for a hundred Mogadishus. And then, more recently, and at Berkley again, we had another speaker calling for Palestinian-style intifada, or uprising, against the United States in response to American actions in the Middle East. That's why I said "see Berkley."

EDIT: For reference:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by junglejake]

top topics

join