It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Is this the start of Alien discrimination?
Will we see signs in shops saying 'Humans only' which once used to read 'Whites only'?
Are we going to see a real life scenario as seen in the movie/TV series 'Alien Nation'?
Or is this some publicity stunt that we are not et aware of?

has proof US Government is aware UFO Aliens are here. See this pic taken near downtown LA. Not photoshopped!

twitgoo.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc9fd76c294a.jpg[/atsimg]
Or is it an advert for a new movie?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
that's part of a viral marketing campaign for the movie District 9

[edit on 6/11/09 by swordprince]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
lol people think thats real already huh. I can't wait for that movie!

It would be awesome if this came true though, unless they eat us.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by swordprince

It looks a good movie too, can't wait.

www.imdb.com...

www.d-9.com...

reply to post by Extralien

You actually thought this was "alien discrimination?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wait until the aliens do show up.

I can see the reality tv shows now.........

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

It is the viral marketing campaign for the new Peter Jackson alien movie, District 9.

EDITED because I was beat to it,lol...(video)

BTS thread about it...www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/11/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Even the web site is way cool..
Brilliant bit of thinking in putting that together.
Kinda scary really when you consider the possibility of it..

Let's hope things don't turn out this way..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Interviewer asking the Alien a question- "Why don't you just leave?"

Alien- "Because you have our ship!"

It is in the preview for D-9 so hopefully someone will not think of the preview as being a spoiler.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Interesting concept, sort of reminds me of that old show the Visitors. I know, I dated myself.

This is on my must view list.

edit: Wow, that link is not working that fast, someone didn't like that dialogue getting out did they. Good thing someone posted it.

When they asked him about the weapons, he responded, we are not here to harm you.

Now I am even more interested. LOL Never try to hide something, it makes me all the more curious, which is of course their aim.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Please tell me I missed the joke. Please tell me I missed the sarcasm. Because if I didn’t I have to really call your analytical abilities and basic reasoning into question. All you have to do is say;

"I was joking."

I'll buy it. Please?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What's up?
I seem to have touched a nerve or two with some of the reactions to my opening sentences regarding this advert...

Yes, it's for a film. No I was not serious.
Yes, I wrote in a manner that was meant to make people think. I wrote in a manner that ran along the lines of the story in the film.

I've just sent a u2u to blupblup too explaining my actions and I may as well go ahead and post what I said here;

"lol.. no i didn't think that...
I had just chosen to write the intro in that manner. I even kept the title short on purpose. The film and advertising is thought provoking, so I carried on the process.

The actual advert is sooooo way ahead... and would not be legally allowed due to discrimination laws etc. I'd be one of the first to rip it down if it was real.. and imagine the society we would be living in, tptb would have to be ruling us with military law, full time.

Here's a copy of the message from which i found it;
LOL...too funny! TY @thealienproject for the photo clarification on the twitclicks.com... pic... District 9... (Head shaker.)

so i knew it was not a real deal as such.

We have all been talking about FEMA camps and the NWO, NAZI style governing and outright control, microchipping, ID cards and many other things.. Then, when something that is just a sci-fi film comes along that has a strong hint of history and possible future, people find it hard to take anything serious...until it smacks you all in the face and realise where you forgot to get off the ride.

It's a lesson.. a lesson to teach us all not to repeat history of having signs that determine who can or can't do things.. not to be controlled and pushed into segregation and forced seperation from our freedoms, beliefs, families and homes.

A lesson to teach us that anyone coming to this planet from another must be given the exact same freedoms we ask for ourselves. They must be given the right to move amongst us as beings of the universe...for that is what we are too and that is what we all share with each other, but even that we tend forget.

Put yourself in their shoes... go to another planet, meet another race and be treated with suspicion, contempt, be discriminated, be ridiculed, be feared and be imprisoned against your will... even if your intentions are peaceful, you wont be believed...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"G"Day,

Just was thinkng about when the Anunnaki do come back, depending on how many are alowed to come down, I would think they would be so hi profile and exlusive we may never even get to see one close up.
Im sure we will get to see some on TV, thats if we still have TV after the chit hits the fan in 2012.

I did read some where that the Sumerian's said that when certan humans that had to confront the Anunnaki for any reason, the Anunnaki would wear masks over there heads or were behind a screen as to not frighten the humans seeing them.

Don't know if this was the case of the Sumerian and Egypt carvings of the Anunnaki wearing bird heads and and other animal masks.

Anyway, they will have "God" states and most of us "the norm" will never get close enough to meet or see them.
I am a security officer that works at the Sydney Entertainment Center and if you don't have a Pass you don't get back stage to meet Pink.

If you know what I mean.

Kernoonos.........

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would never discriminate against any other alien race. :< Movies like this makes me sick, I'm so sorry to say that.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
did someone say peter jackson (looks up), not fussed on lotr or king kong.
where's speilburg these days.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thanks Extralien,

I wouldn’t say you "touched a nerve" so much as made me go "Oh no, not him/her!"

I've read quite a few of your posts and found you to be someone worth reading. I get it now. For a minute I was disappointed and thought you ran to ATS with a pic off of Twitter and didn’t take the two minutes or less to look it up yourself.

That said, I have no doubt that if we are ever privy to publicly accepted ET's let alone a shi full of refugees that we will NOT treat them equitably. We don’t even as a whole treat each other equitably and we are of the same species.

Whether we look down on ET refugees or scorn a more advanced race there will always be those who are afraid of "the other."

For an excellent example see Orson Scott Card's Hierarchy of Alienness

Next time throw a smiley face in there!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
Interviewer asking the Alien a question- "Why don't you just leave?"

Alien- "Because you have our ship!"

It is in the preview for D-9 so hopefully someone will not think of the preview as being a spoiler.

It most be a one of our government officials asking the questions.

The simple things completely elude them.

"Why are so many Americans homeless?"
Kinda what happens when you out source jobs and raise taxes. You think?

"Get out of town, now."
"But you impounded my car."
"You are under arrest."
"Why?"
"Disorderly conduct."

I really hope that if those guys are up there that are smart enough to stay up there.

Landing is not a smart move.

Klaatu barada nikto; I don't think will help.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
did someone say peter jackson (looks up), not fussed on lotr or king kong.
where's speilburg these days.

Spielberg is currently making Tin Tin with Peter Jackson. I think Spielberg is directing the first and Jackson producing and then they're going to switch roles for the sequel.

As for district 9, a film about discrimination and set in South Africa... don't think it's really about aliens is it... Looks very interesting to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antony270381

Spielberg is currently making Tin Tin with Peter Jackson. I think Spielberg is directing the first and Jackson producing and then they're going to switch roles for the sequel.

tin tin eh.. i enjoyed reading them in school.

full of racial stereotyping for kids.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This film may turn out to be one that gathers a cult status...
The sort of following that films like the rocky horror picture show has or Soylent Green.

It might not turn out to be a big box office hit, but I don't think that is the point of this film.. I think it has been done for the purpose of the message inside.

I feel I must applaud the story writer or whoever imagined this set up. It is an old story that we have seen repeated through our history yet to do this film NOW, with this context, is perfect timing. Especially with disclosure reportedly so close to happening.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was reading over the 'comments' section the other day for this film at imdb, probably before this thread existed, and found this:

For those who don't know... by brad12d3 (Wed May 27 2009 23:42:18) Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply

This is feature length version of a short film called Alive in Joburg, that Neill Blomkamp did a few years ago. He did a series of short films that are worth checking out. You could probably find most all of them on youtube. This guy is multi talented. He writes, directs, and does his own computer animation. He has also done a series of amazing commercials that you have probably seen for various companies. Apparently Neill and Peter Jackson have become good friends over the past several years. He was Peter's first choice to direct the Halo movie. If you have seen the Halo shorts they released a while back, that was all Neill's work. This is his first shot at a feature length film, and I wish him the best. I think he has a unique and creative mind that could potentially produce some amazing original films. I am curious about how the plot will unfold in District 9. The short was a snippet of what the situation was like in Africa. A short documentary commenting on a situation going on in Joburg. Now that it is a full length motion picture, I am very curious to see where this concept goes.

I would be interested in seeing the original material..

**Edit**

Found the video on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Vyncent]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join