It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to gas 2,000 geese

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
AFTERMATH by Evelyn Roman - Holocaust Survivor

Fifty years after the fact
Painful memories intact
Nightmares recurring,
Nazis appearing.

Must survivors remain
At their altar of pain
Forever enduring
Unspeakable haunting?

And will it subside
On life's other side
Or go on persisting
Into the realm of night?

Pray that the geese in New York that survive have not the ability to remember.

Lest we not forget, all of the creatures of this world are equal in the eyes of mother nature.

Good luck New York City.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Mayor Bloomberg's contact info -- NYC.gov

I am looking for a valid source for mortality odds/statistics....... I recall odds of getting killed in an aircraft accident as something well over 250,000 to 1.

Since the FAA report indicates two human fatalities in an 18 year period, the odds of that happening seem rediculously tiny in comparison to other more preventable dangers, such as dogbite, etc. etc.

yes, I'm jacked-up about this.

......... to be continued.............

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
An act of such wasteful cruelty should not ever go by unnoticed by us. Even if they are only birds to you.

These animals represent a kind of freedom all should be envious of. They are paying the ultimate price for our sins. They go to the gas chamber so that the flying public can feel safer.

Trapped when they can't fly, forced into a gas chamber and killed by an incredibly cruel form of asphyxiation.

There has to be a better way. To do this when there are other options will leave yet another irremovable stain on humanity.

Karma, New York. rethink this and choose a more humane solution. It is not to late.

I'm done here.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Not only is Mayor Bloomberg planning on* trapping and gassing their local geese (those that primarily stay in the area all year), but recent testing of the geese involved in the Hudson incident indicate that the geese that were sucked into the airplane's engines were MIGRATING.

I believe this is no solution at all, and is just a typical knee-jerk reaction...... consistent with the thinking of "do SOMETHING! even if it's wrong!"

*edit to add: Well, he's not planning on trapping and gassing them himself, althought I think that would be very appropriate, if he truly believes that gassing 2,000 geese is an appropriate way to mitigate wildlife strikes on airplanes.........

[edit on 16/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Poor things. Thats cruel.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Poor things. Thats cruel.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by ohh_pleasee

Canadian geese aren't potential problems. They are an ecological problem. They're invasive. They're not even that defenseless, their population has exploded so much in the recent decades that 2,000 of them is not that many.

The NWO elites pretty much look at us the same way.
Heck, I look at us the that way. What exactly makes humans a non-invasive species when they grab so much land away from anything else for their exclusive use?

Yes, but your logic fails because all species are not the same, and do not all follow the same "code of conduct".

I support whatever that makes *HUMAN* life better. Killing these birds will help secure air travel, something I would want if ever flying into New York. Not like they are an extinct animal or have a giant ecological downside when these 2000 die.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This seems to actually be a trend... They culled starlings last year, article in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

FINALLY, a crackdown on illegal immigration!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join