It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comfortable survivalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Whilst camping I generally try to pack my supplies with an emphasis on comfort. I know that when camping I'll be generally close to any amenities so survival isn't key. Even if going remote I'll try and pack a good bed and comfortable bedding set ups, despite the extra grams.
However nothing kills a night round the campfire more than having to share it with the high pitched blood hungry mosquitos. It sounds trivial but anyone who has set up camp near a tranquil stream only to find at dusk there is a mass hatching knows how much of a usefull link this is...

How to Avoid Mosquito Bites Naturally

Comfort for me is key and keeping those pests at bay means you can enjoy the night in comfort.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Great link. Thanks for advice. I have a ton of these survival tips, but I hadn't heard some of those.

My mother swears by marigolds around her gardens and flowers, so I believe that one. Citronella is well known. I hadn't heard of Lavender or Natural Vanilla though! I will certainly try them. My family and I are doing survivalist-type camping this year instead of the typical kind. We are progressively taking less and less with us to test our skills!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the link.I just put it in my favourites list.
I have been using neem oil to keep the bugs away lately.
Its all natural as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The histamine blocker NasalCrom is good to use before and during mosquito season.

Start using it about 30 days before mosquito season and the bites will no longer itch or swell and you will not even feel them.

NasalCrom is a OTC product for hay fever and can be found at most drug stores.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I’ve heard of using Garlic before... I use Garlic in almost everything I cook and I rarely get bitten. Of course that’s hardly scientifically conclusive evidence hehe

However, I heard it is where the myth of Garlic scaring off Vampires originates from.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Mosquito screens that hang around your face from a hat can be a good stop-gap while trying to sleep.
In the tropics nothings worse than mossies trying bite you while you try to sleep.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
well perhaps it is in my blood or something... because mosquitos hardly ever bother me.... now they feast on my lady, but for some odd reason they never really seem to go around me...oh they buzz and all, but the rarely land and then only for a few moments...

new topics

top topics

join