It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to Match U.N. Resolution With New Nuclear Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

U.S. intelligence officials are warning President Obama that North Korea intends to conduct another nuclear test in response to passage of a U.N. Security Council resolution this week condemning the communist country for its recent nuclear and ballistic missile tests, FOX News has learned.

FoxNews

Well the ball was in kim's court and he has firmly whacked it back in the security councils court.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by mrmonsoon]

*Unconfirmed by other sources...yet.
Please wait for more conformations.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

What's more, Pyongyang's next nuclear detonation is but one of four planned actions the Central Intelligence Agency has learned, through sources inside North Korea, that the regime of Kim Jong-Il intends to take -- but not announce -- once the Security Council resolution is officially passed, likely on Friday. The other three actions include the reprocessing of all of the North's spent plutonium fuel rods into weapons-grade plutonium; a major escalation in the North's uranium-enrichment program; and the launching of another Taepodong-2 intercontinental ballistic missile from the Yunsong military complex on the west coast of North Korea.

This is the meat of the article right here, for the lazy that don't read the links.

I just don't know what can be done about this. If we blow them to hell, that would only hurt the people already suffering under this lunatic. I mean come on, I thought we were able to hit anyone? I would think the CIA or the spooks of whatever agency should be able to get this guy. I just don't know how long this saber rattling is going to continue.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I find that interesting. They plan on doing more! Process and enrich all of their Uranium and "launch" another intercontinental ballistic missile.

I wonder what, if anything, the government of NoKo is telling the people of the country. Kim must've gone crazy. This is nuts that he'd keep acting like this.

Maybe he is really dead and all this is happening because of a power struggle or something.

I guess we'll have to sit back and watch and wait. Interesting that this threat arises the same day that the world goes into a pandemic and the day before Iran's elections. Maybe the weekend will be a little less boring?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
already posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
SOURCE # 2

North Korea's nuclear and missile tests are linked to the succession plans of its 'inhumane'" regime, South Korea's defence chief has said.

The Independent

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I knew a ex-special forces soldier that use to work for the company I work for now and he would not say much about what they did but he did say that we have had and still do have guys that go in there regularly...at night of course. These were specially trained units for sneaking in undetected for surveillance intel and possible assassination ops. I would guess they would probably not try to take him out as he is more than likely well guarded...although the terrain is much,much different than Iraq..were cover was impossible otherwise we could have taken Hussein out actually and avoided the illegal war Bush got us into.

new topics

top topics

join