It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Fate of the Solar Armor Inventor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

In 1874, one man; an inventor of considerable genius, was reported to have completely reversed the effect of the sun. In the scorching heat of the mid-summer Nevada desert, he was found frozen stiff by Indians - his beard covered in frost and an icicle over a foot in length hanging from his nose. That man was Jonathon Newhouse, the genius inventor of solar armor. Yet, is the fate of our curious inventor, that of being frozen to death at the height of summer? Or was this a desert mirage; a tale of smoke screens that involved literary geniuses and commanded international media? Environmental Graffiti investigates

Source
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

The article was written by William Wright, better known as Dan De Quille; a colleague of Mark Twain’s at the Territorial Enterprise. The piece, as well as the solar armor was a complete hoax; an utter fantasy that spread very slowly across international media. It went viral before mass communication and propagated as a semi-ficticious urban legend, before the times of the internet.

If you read the whole thing, you'd have seen this. Unfortunate. Minutes of my life I will never get back...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

If you read the whole thing, you'd have seen this. Unfortunate. Minutes of my life I will never get back...

Yeah but you saved me valuable minutes! Wait, I just wasted them with this post...

-E-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

lol oh sorry I didn't even finish it. Oh well it's an entertaining read none the less.

join