It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scrying / crystal ball reading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was recently reading a trip report on erowid (yeah not the greatest source) and a guy, wile running a little experiment, noted that he wanted to try scrying as he had achieved results in a sober state before. when i researched scrying i realized it was the classic crystal ball/bird pool astral projection type thing. So i did a little research (wikipedia of course) and they didnt seem to dispute claims that scrying was possible. so, i'm wondering if anyone on these forums has experience with scrying of if they want to give it a try and record the results. i have never had anything spiritual happen to me that i can think of, so i assume im too level-footed to achieve results... but i know ATS is full of people who love this stuff. any responses would be cool!

scrying is most commonly done with a crystal ball, it may also be performed using any smooth surface, such as a bowl of liquid, a pond, a crystal, or, as expert scryers can[citation needed], a thumbnail. Scrying is actively used by many cultures and belief systems and is not limited to one tradition or ideology. However, like other aspects of divination and parapsychology, it is not supported by mainstream science as a method of predicting the future or otherwise seeing events that are not physically observable.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Kevin_X1]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
after using the search function (yeah probably should have done that first) i came over a number of scrying posts, some to do with "black mirror scrying" which sounds pretty cool, but also disputable. anyway, a new discussion might be interesting

new topics

join