It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: North Korea to Match U.N. Resolution With New Nuclear Test

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is really getting out of hand. President Obama needs to take off the boxing gloves because this becoming a bare knuckle brawl. Apparently, he and his advisors have a contingency plan in place or they would have acted militarily to some extent.

However, something is going on in North Korea. It as though the NK government is becoming more emboldened each passing day. We should send a battle group over there with nuclear equipped subs. Lets starting boarding and searching their vessels. On top of that, why don't we install a naval blockade; nothing goes in and nothing goes out. As I said earlier in another thread, lets put some tactical nukes along the DMZ with South Korea's support of course. Enough of the small talk. It is clear that the NK government doesn't give a crap about sanctions or this resolutions or the next. Now is time to ratchet up the pressure and see who blinks first. In terms of China and Russia, we can't wait for ever with them to act.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The kex is China.The only country the little madwan in charge will listen to.And im not happy with the kangaroo court finding of 12 years hard labor for the 2 U.S.journalists(pawns).

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Basically, China is telling the US not to do anything drastic because "they got this". They will make sure it doesnt get out of hand. The US doesnt want a war and China doesnt want the US to be at war on their doorstep either. Its in both parties interest to shut Lil Kim up.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
All this worries me slightly. From what I've read their ICBMs don't work so well (thus far) but I'd like to be sure, as I live in the middle of Anchorage AK, I'd rather not go up in a mushroom cloud. For that matter though, we do have a few large Military bases up here, one of them right outside of town, and there are supposed to be 26 loaded ICBM and anti-ICBM silos scattered around the area. I hope they work on whatever modified Russian missile NK's got now...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AK49er
All this worries me slightly. From what I've read their ICBMs don't work so well (thus far) but I'd like to be sure, as I live in the middle of Anchorage AK, I'd rather not go up in a mushroom cloud.

I don't want to down play the seriousness of the current situation with NK but I don't think you or anyone else in Alaska have anything to worry about. Even IF (and it's a big if) NK could reach AK with an ICBM, there is no way they would launch a nuclear weapon at it.

Any country launching a nuclear attack would want to take out key population centers and as many of the countries Nuclear sites as possible in order to effectively cripple them. Attacking one outlying state would do nothing more than invite a devastating attack in retaliation.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Let me get this strait...
-NK has pulled out of the armistice that caused the cease fire of the Korean war.
-They have defied the 2006 agreement of Nuclear testing and missile testing.
-They have stated they are ready to use military action against South Korea ect.
-They are now going to make weapons grade plutonium.

Screw sanctions, if the UN wants anyone to take them seriously they need to use their teeth now, talking is over it's time to teach the terrorist that what he's doing is not acceptable. This would also be a way for Obama to prove he's got a sack and make the world understand it's either show respect or learn respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join