It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortals go to war. They seek what they can't have - death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Do you believe immortals(People unable of dying, living forever and unable to die by mortal means) are actually walking the Earth? I think the first and best place to look for them would be wars and areas where conflict are taking place, as immortals as I see them would go after the one thing they can't have.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Do you believe immortals(People unable of dying, living forever and unable to die by mortal means) are actually walking the Earth? I think the first and best place to look for them would be wars and areas where conflict are taking place, as immortals as I see them would go after the one thing they can't have.

Or maybe go after that thing as they know it won't touch them anyways, so they might just aswell fight the battles they personally believe in.
Still, I would say most people of that caliber are not Immortal as in invulnerable, but "just" extremely longlived and persistent to diseases and damage. But- not invulnerable.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have to say that I don't believe there are immortals walking the Earth. I'm open to looking at evidence of such, however can't recall having seen any.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've heard of immortals existing, but of course nothing has ever been proved.

en.wikipedia.org...

some are there, not all though

allaboutmysteries.blogspot.com...
www.alchemylab.com...
paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Logan and Victor are immortal.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes... they are, which is where i got the idea from this topic, the best part of wolverine's origins is the beginning with all the flashbacks of the wars, was awesome, cool music too

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericynical
Logan and Victor are immortal.

So is Connor MacLeod, yet he can be killed if he's beheaded. Im guessing he's in the ''kinda immortal'' category.
Ona serious note, if they are immortal, they will not die in war, I think the main characteristic of immortals is being immortal. No?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Jigore]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
the beginning of x-men origins: wolverine is awesome though, i love how they show scenes from the american civil war with james and victor fighting for the north in the civil war(1861 was the earliest they could have been there)and both world wars for america and the korean war then the last war is vietnam(+1960+)

top topics

join