It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner Says Crews Demolished Wrong House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Homeowner Says Crews Demolished Wrong House

www.wsbtv.com

This is a story that may leave you shaking your head.

A Sandy Springs man got a phone call Monday that his family home in Carroll County was gone. Torn down. Demolished.

“I said, ‘What address did you have?’ and he said, ‘They sent me some GPS coordinates.’ I said, ‘Don’t you have an address?’ (and) he said, ‘Yes, my GPS coordinates led me right to this address here and this house was described,’” said Byrd.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow! Imagine coming home from a rough day at work and your house and all of it's belongings gone, crunched up, and put into dumpsters!

This is a disturbing story to me with all the news lately about GPS and the census, the sattelites possibly failing, etc. What if this scenario played out as the police are looking for a fugitive and go by GPS and bust up in your home in the middle of the night. You go to defend your family and home and are gun downed b/c you are mistaken to be the fugitive. Your life is lost b/c of unreliable GPS coordinates.

www.wsbtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have no idea what I would do in that situation.
Cry? Scream? Curse? Start Punching People? File outlandish lawsuits against them?

Would any of it even matter in the end? They havent taken a house, they have taken a home. They destroyed generations of memories and irreplaceable heirlooms. They have literally torn the world and soul from a family of people.

There is nothing that can ever repair that.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
can you say big fat giant lawsuit

the demo company will pay dearly for that mistake

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The police do this all the time when they raid peoples houses. Going in killing pets and 'accidently' shooting people in their beds watching TV.

You just dont hear about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
The police do this all the time when they raid peoples houses. Going in killing pets and 'accidently' shooting people in their beds watching TV.

You just dont hear about it.

Well, how do you know?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Something like this happened before in the Roanoke, VA area years ago. The guy came home from FL I believe it was to have his house and belongings gone. I never heard any updates as to what happened.

top topics

join