It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trigger for Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How to Dream

I am not a great writer or anything so please bare with me.
This is still an experiment which has worked on me several times.

I have always wanted to have dreams on my own. I started getting jealous
that my sister would always tell me about her dreams and I would get
stuck not having any. I wanted to figure out how to dream. The more I thought
of it the more mind boggling it became.

One night I was getting ready for bed about 2:30ish in the morning. I started
thinking about something I really wanted. I thought about 20 million dollars and
in my mind I thought about what I would do when I first got the money and such.
Sure thing, I fell asleep and started to dream. I can't remember what my dream was.
Now I thought it was not controlled again.

Second night I fell asleep without thinking about anything.

The third night I started thinking about the 20 million dollars before I went to bed
again. Sure enough I had another dream. By this time I started to figure out how
to dream.

The fourth night I kept thinking about what I wanted and what to do with it before
going to bed. From that night forth I have been dreaming every night. I has been
5 nights with a dream occurrence every time I slept.

Since this was just an experiment with me and worked. I would like members of
BTS to help me see if I cracked the way to start dreaming. I believe dreaming is your imagination running wild, so you must be in a imaginative state before hitting the bed. If you guys could help me out with this I would really appreciate it.

Also, you do not have to imagine money you can imagine anything you want and every possible way of using it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Interesting stuff Equinox99! Whenever people say 'I never dream" - I used to be reasonably skeptical about it, since the REM phase in our sleep occurs in every healthy person, every night. But of course whether our consciousness 'lives' through this REM phase is a different thing.. Your story makes an awesome bridge between those different views.

I believe dreaming is your imagination running wild, so you must be in a imaginative state before hitting the bed.

I have to admit I'm not too familiar with the scientific implications of sleeping and imaginary states.. but on face value, this sounds very true. When I was a kid, I used to be awake for quite some time before being able to sleep, so I automatically searched for some kind of internal 'entertainment system' - just actively fantasizing, just like you describe. Whenever you get deep enough into the imaginary world, some part seems to take over and lead you into the world of dreams..

I think I'll be searching for the scientific experiments on this subject, should be interesting. Maybe some ATS'ers on here who never dream could try this technique?

Btw, just because I'm curious - how old are you? I always feel like the imaginary world gets more and more distant as we grow older, so I'm wondering how much effort you put into this.. you know
great story/experiment, keep us updated!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think everybody dreams....*remembering* them is the difficulty.
A high percentage of our dreams are simply "wish fulfillment", and anxieties we might have. I've think the dreams which are remembered are the ones more likely to have significant content.

But the idea of controlling your dreams is interesting. There is much conversation on ATS and other sites about "lucid dreaming", which is
a very fascinating phenomenon. There are people who are very successful at this Maybe some of them will show up here for you, or you can seek them out on other threads.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm 22 years old and so far I am able to dream every night.

I wake up to use the bathroom in the morning which interrupts my dream.
The crazy part is, I am able to return to bed and continue the dream where
I left off.

It is hard to explain how it could be done. The only way is to try it yourself.
I am still searching for ways to show my experiment. It is kind of hard when
I have no knowledge in science of dreaming.

It is not a lucid dream of any kind where I am able to control it. It just runs
wild. I just think at night and it happens. I am going to keep experimenting
and posting it here.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm very interested in reading more on this one....

I used to have very repetitive (and lucid, by which I mean I could partially control their direction) dreams as a kid (22, now) but they seemed to have stopped completely in my teens.

Now, maybe once every 6 months or so, I will remember extremely brief periods of dreams. My most recent dream started with myself standing on the side of a highway that I am familiar with, when suddenly a [seemingly] homeless man comes up to me and offers ME a sandwich- I don't even know if I took it from him or not. Very ironic, but that's all my dreams ever are... very odd, 1 minute "excerpts".

Does anyone else hardly ever dream, and wish they could more often?

Anyone have any tips for someone like myself?

new topics

top topics

join