It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA: Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
According to this from Reuters...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - CIA Director Leon Panetta said on Thursday the U.S. intelligence agency believes al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is hiding in Pakistan. Asked by reporters whether he was sure that bin Laden was in Pakistan, Panetta replied: "The last information we had, that's still the case."

Precursor to action against or at least, inside Pakistan?

Argument with new President(s)?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Yes, pushing up daisies so technically they are not lying.
There has been no evidence that he is still alive since 2002ish.

The videos featuring I-Can't-Believe-It's-not Osama Osamas that have been "found" were laughable.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In the book "ghost wars" written by steven coll there is a unbelievable amount of CIA influence on all radical movements in pakistan, afghanistan, uzbekistan, etc,.. etc.. but I truely believe we know where bin laden is located (possibly already dead) but his voice is important to maintain the movement in those countries. If bin laden is dead or alive is a mute point.... the CIA will maintain a "reason" to fight the war over there. All information that comes from the so called intelligence agencies from this region requires us to be doubtful. MI6, ISI, CIA, KGB (?) all need bin laden... so does the saudi royal family.. OIL OIL OIL

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In the book "ghost wars" written by steven coll there is a unbelievable amount of CIA influence on all radical movements in pakistan, afghanistan, uzbekistan, etc,.. etc.. but I truely believe we know where bin laden is located (possibly already dead) but his voice is important to maintain the movement in those countries. If bin laden is dead or alive is a mute point.... the CIA will maintain a "reason" to fight the war over there. All information that comes from the so called intelligence agencies from this region requires us to be doubtful. MI6, ISI, CIA, KGB (?) all need bin laden... so does the saudi royal family.. OIL OIL OIL

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wonder how many billions of dollars they have spent to find out the same information the average American citizen has known for years.

Yes, he is in Pakistan and IMO, 6 feet under.

top topics

join