It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You All Want Freedom Of Speech? Then Defend It!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Right on brother! I defend my freedom of speech. Everyday I make it a point to call someone a d bag

Seriously though, I cannot stand the fact that people have no passion anymore. It's all about saying the right thing and sparing someones feelings! Are you serious? It's all false. These are puppet behaviors for the weak minded.

As I posted in another thread on this topic.... how are the masses going to react to something 'big' happening if they cannot even manage to cope with a minor insult made in jest?????? It's pathetic and it's despicable. People need to thicken their skin. If I see one more post about 'appropriate behavior' I may smack someone in the head!

Everyone has forgotten that this country was founded on freedom and rights. We have the right to be obnoxious and the freedom to call eachother any foul name we wish...........AND IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING!

People need to get a grip and focus on something meaningful for a change instead of crying about how they don't like 'certain words'. In addition, I am going to exercise my right and call 'those people' a bunch of crybaby bitches!

AMEN!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Well all language aside, I do agree with your point. Now I don't go out of my way to insult people just because I can, but I do speak my mind whenever at thought comes up.

And you're also correct that the US was founded on principles of freedom which were given by the law, and nobody is above this law. All too often we freak out over small little things, that don't matter and affect no one.

Thanks for the replies folks, I appreciate it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

i think you forget that when they wrote that its a right to free speech.. they were saying its ok to disapprove of TPTB publicly without being afraid of being tortured killed or any of that for saying what you believe.

i dont think it was actually intended for people to just walk around calling others dbags.....

not saying that you cant, but just saying. all this pointless negativity is the promoter of violence and idiocy.

once again... common sense people... just cus you can doesnt mean you should. grow up and know your audience, especially if you depend on them for your bread.

bet you wouldnt go call your boss a dbag and expect to keep your job... oooo freedom of speech... your fired!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

And the sad part is it's not those things we are talking about. Of course common sense is to be used in these regards.

But regardless people really need to stand up for what belongs to them. Soon it will all be another thing they took that blood will be spilled for.

!Keeper

<< 1  2   >>

join