It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Possible Terror Plot to Bomb NYC Trains?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Shocking news reports show empty suitcases being found in secure areas of New York City at the beginning of April. This was done in almost the exact same way as just before the train bombings in Madrid Spain.
It could be that terrorists are testing the security of the trains and other potential targets in New York City.

Officer.com

A confidential Metropolitan Transit Authority police bulletin, titled "Possible Surveillance Testing Tactics," reveals K-9 cops are on edge over a "suspicious packages pattern" they encountered between the last week of March and the first week of April.

"During the past week and a half, the K-9 Unit has responded to approximately five calls for unattended/suspicious packages which they cleared," the confidential bulletin stated. "However, uniquely, all cases involved empty suitcases."

Related Stories:
NYPost.com
Newsday.com

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
wow thats crazy, wonder if its some loon or the real deal, time will only tell i guess. couldnt they track suitcase nukes? i mean doesnt it give off a radation signal?

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Trance]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Any forensic evidence reported yet - fingerprints, similarities of the packages, etc.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Color me shocked, but this story is getting almost no media attention whatsoever.

Newsday, NY Post and Officer.com .... and TerrorAnalysis.com are the only ones covering it.

The only similarities I can see are:
1. They were all empty suitcases
2. They were all left in areas with tight security

Other than that, we have no more information.

-B.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Qoute from Officer.com
Police fear five empty suitcases left at Penn Station, New York FBI headquarters and other security hot spots in early April

Early April, again why is the public just getting wind of this now? I'm not all about scaring the bajeezus out of everyone, but a little sumthing, come on.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If there was nothing to this (pranks, coincidence, etc), one would think that the authorities would put something out to calm any fears. If there was something to it (potential terrorists testing security), one would think something would be put out to heighten people's awareness to be security-consious and watchful. The absence of information is a little illogical.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Because almost every day there are reports of suspicious packages...just when they happen in manhattan people notice it more...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Officials have not ruled out the chance the bags were left by pranksters or derelicts.

I wonder if it's someone like that guy who was leaving box cutters on planes to point out laxes in security?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Just a thought here, Do you think it is possible the gap in time between discovery of these items and it being reported was to deny the terrorists the feedback from the media they were seeking?

If it was a test of security the only real way they could get the results would be through the media.

It does make one wonder.

Lets hope it means nothing.

Gazz

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Because almost every day there are reports of suspicious packages...just when they happen in manhattan people notice it more...

Did I say suitcases?...No...i said suspicious packages....youre obviously not from NY and dont know the amount of traffic that goes through a station daily...the last time we had a "scare" like this is was some college student trying to make a statement...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I found this news today, and could not help but wonder if it could be related to the threat reported in the first post in this thread.

It seems that "train" security has now become a top issue and what is being planned makes me wonder if the reports in this thread may have added to the motive for these new security measures...

WASHINGTON - Amtrak and commuter rail passengers at one suburban station will have to walk through an explosives detection machine and have their bags screened in a new security experiment designed to frustrate terrorists.

(More)
MSNBC.com

If this is related to the threat we reported here it could show that someone at some level is taking this threat as a real one although there is not any connection made in the above report.

I think there is something going on here that we've not been told of, maybe there is a real threat and maybe they have been unable through investigation to "connect the dots" so this is the only thing they have left to do to try to thwart such an attack.

With the US elections in the near future and the fact that the Madrid bombings had an effect on the outcome of their elections in Spain, I have to wonder if Al-Qaeda is trying to plan an event or attack here in almost the exact same way.

If they did pull of a Madrid like attack what would it do the the upcoming election?

It does make one wonder.

Just some food for thought!

Gazz

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknik

Riding the trains is probably ok, as long as you take a gas mask.
They probably can't use explosives on this one.

Trust me, anyone could get an explosive down there if they wanted to.

About a year or two ago, a homeless man with a hand-grenade was apprehended in Grand Central Station. (IIRC) It was only lightly covered by the local media here in NY.

If a homeless man can get an explosive into there, a well motivated terrorist easily can.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Or how about a person with a concealed machine gun?...Can do just as much damage...its scary the sickos this world contains...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
dont be a lemming you need to protect yourself.

5 empty suitcases 4 whole chickens and white bread toasted like in the blues brothers

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigal66

Its next to impossible to get a carrier permit in NYC....

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigal66

Its next to impossible to get a carrier permit in NYC....

No it isn't. My brother has a NYC carrier pistol permit. It just takes awhile because of the backround check.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Believe me...its a rare few that gets approved for one...he's either security somewhere...or transports large amounts of money....thats my guess...are you sure its not a residence or a business permit?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Believe me...its a rare few that gets approved for one...he's either security somewhere...or transports large amounts of money....thats my guess...are you sure its not a residence or a business permit?

You know..? You might be right. My brother is in Iraq right now, so it is a little hard to get an immediate answer from him right now. He did get his permit prior to his joining the military. I have to ask him next time he calls home.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Lets be frant here people. Is there really anything that can be done to stop this happening? Just one suitcase in the whole of manhatten could do so much damage I dont want to think. I'm not fearmongering here, I just find it disturbing to say the least this suitcase business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join