It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Statue of Gloria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok, I've heard all sorts of rumors about the Statue Of Gloria throughout the years. It is located in Brookline/Boston, MA. The property is quite large. You have to drive up a road that has a swamp on both sides (most of the time the gate is closed). The road suddenly turns left, and directly in front of you is a 10-12ft white statue of a woman. Quite the shock I might add. It has been vandalized over the years, both arm is missing, one at the forearm, the other is higher up. I have compared it to the "Statue of Gloria Victus", but it is completely different.

You hear many stories, "if you touch it then something bad will happen"... blah blah blah. I will say this, you do get quite a dreadful feeling there.

The story goes;

A young nurse worked a the local hospital. After her shift she would pass through the Allendale Farm on her way home (which the statue is located on). One night there were two males that raped, and killed her on that land. Again...rumor has it...the same two men went to see the statue after it was build and vandalized it. As the left that night they were involved in a major car accident, although I do not think that they died.

Bottom line:

I've seen the statue several times. It is creepy as all hell and looks completely out of place. It also has those eyes that follow you. Also, It is a wooded area that cannot be seen from the main roadway.

Anyone with some facts please let me know. This has always fascinated me.

PS: It is private property. I do not recommend going there.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hi KEMIK
Can you tell me exactly where the Statue of Gloria is? My guess is that is is somewhere on Allendale Farm perhaps accessible from Newton st. Are the swamps you refer to part of the fields? Several people I have met have claimed to have seen the statue but none remember where it is. Other rumors are that it is located on Faulkner hospital property. I grew up in Jamaica Plain and so have heard variations of the urban legend since childhood. The one common theme in all the variations of the story is that of rape. Some say Gloria became a nun or was a nun at the time of the incident others say she was a teenage girl. Anyway. I would love to photograph it.

Thank you,
UrbanCoyote

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UrbanCoyote

It's on the other side of the Allandale Farm, on Grove st. just past Newton St. There is a small access road with a gate. I wouldn't advise going down there. It's private property.

Honestly, I think it's just an urban legend and nothing more. It looks something like the Venus Demilo

[edit on 24-3-2010 by KEMIK]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
checked the place out on google maps

Google Maps

is it in the walnut hills cemetery?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

No. Sorry, it's off of Newton St. I forgot Grove stops a that intersection. Look on the map, it's the road just after the Apple Orchard Nursery.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here's the statue.

Link

I actually drove by the entrance way earlier. The gate was locked as usual. I'm not sure about the Allandale side though.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I been to the statue of gloria many times during the 1979 and 80's, im a witness and I have plenty of people to back up my story! when ever we went up there we would go by car in reverse because you would have to go past the statue to turn around, there use to be a guy that would come out and give chase! he wore a white mask or a red one, this was before Helloween so dont even think it! he would get jump in an old ford newengland bell telephone truck and chase us all the way to Perkins street and Jamaica way then he would turn around, this went on every weekend during the summers. The story is, Gloria was a nurse that worked at the Masion and there was mental patients, one of the patients killed her and the statue was erected in her memory. years went by since I went up there and since then I got into film making and decided to make a movie about it, I went to Allendale farm and spoke to the owner about it, I know it was him who wore the mask! I asked him about the story and he said that statue was there when he bought the estate that the previous owner ran a statue business and the statue came from over seas! there is no Gloria and the story is fake! my friends made that name up! and the story changed many times over through the years! yes the guy did chase us and it was fun and scary but no violent crime ever took place, he was tired of kids going up there to drink so he scared them with the mask! I asked him if I can shoot the movie on the property and he said make a proposal, he wanted money so I never went back! I was going up there since like 1979
they added a gate to keep it locked on weekends but you can get in on weekdays and Sunday mornings, the most fun is at night! the statue is something to see because its ugly and the face is crumbling of and its missing fingers! you will get arrested for trespassing so beware! if you have questions hit me up! all the kids during that time are now in there 40's and 50's and alot of them moved away but there's still many around to confirm the chase and the guy in the mask.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK
reply to post by Alfredoparra

Oh this is one of the coolest stories I've read on ATS since joining!

I love this kind of 'campfire' type thingy.

So get some pics folks and do tell more please!

S&F for bringing back that wonderful feeling of the 'heebie jeebies' from childhood!

*Runs to get marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate bars*

peace

Edit = bbc code that refuses to ever ever work for me

[edit on 3-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Gloria!!!!

I am sorry i just had too..

~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfredoparra

If you are telling the truth, that is awesome. You inspired many legends! I'd love to see the film. I'm sending you a pm later.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
Gloria!!!!

I am sorry i just had too..

~meathead

Shut up meathead.
Great show.

new topics

top topics

join