It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Media Trend "American Terrorist"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So i watch CNN alot and ive noticed that in the past week or so that they have been using the phrase, "American Terrorist" alot.. Both in the casses of the kansas abortionist who was shot and killed by a christian fundalmentalist, they called him an american terrorist and the neo-nazi 88 year old who shot the security gaurd at the holocaust mueseum, they called him one too.. not just once either but several times.. do they want us to get use to hearing about american terrorists? ....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Quit asking questions or you will be branded an American Terrorist.

I have noticed the rhetoric as well.
What can I say...they are idiots.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
So i watch CNN alot and ive noticed that in the past week or so that they have been using the phrase, "American Terrorist" alot.. Both in the casses of the kansas abortionist who was shot and killed by a christian fundalmentalist, they called him an american terrorist and the neo-nazi 88 year old who shot the security gaurd at the holocaust mueseum, they called him one too.. not just once either but several times.. do they want us to get use to hearing about american terrorists? ....

I had a little Olbermann on last night and watched him and a guest run out the sky is falling scenario, two extremist "right wing" nuts have murdered people recently and this is now a dangerous trend. When your shooter yesterday is 88 years old, that's a tragic aberration. How many people that elderly go on a killing spree? It's an occurence that's unheard of by me, but if someone is aware of someone that old doing it, I'd be curious to know about it. The closeness of the two murderous events is a coincidence. Just our media trying to scare us again.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They are terrorists by any definition of the word. Especially when they make comments like, " These killings will continue unless we get our way and abortion is outlawed. I think some are upset because they want terrorist to mean foreigner.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, it's an accurate label, to some extent. But if it obscures further analysis and understanding, it's not productive. Remember, George Washington was an American terrorist, too - at least to the British.

It's sad when the media only labels with dichotomies; the public would be better served by understanding the motivation of these criminals, so that root causes could actually be addressed rather than focusing solely on prevention.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Well, it's an accurate label, to some extent. But if it obscures further analysis and understanding, it's not productive. Remember, George Washington was an American terrorist, too - at least to the British.

It's sad when the media only labels with dichotomies; the public would be better served by understanding the motivation of these criminals, so that root causes could actually be addressed rather than focusing solely on prevention.

My own armshair opinion is that these terrorists, whether they act in groups or on their own, are psychopaths and sociopaths. Their hate philosophy is the sympton, not the disease.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
it is all about the fear.
read the article from the link below. it explains a lot:

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Personally, I see history repeating itself. Remember back in the days when communism was huge, and the government would put any suspected communist on trial?

I smell a witch hunt in the making.

P.S. Why is this under aliens and ufos?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by DaMod]

new topics

top topics

join