It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White holes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hokaye, let's get some simplicity here, and beleive me, I tried to read throught this mess, but I may have skipped over and repeat y'all.

They do have a few ways to detect possible black holes, and one involved checking for the things which this gobbldygook is emitting. Yes, the swallower of every known light source in its vicinity actually lets things out, sometimes.
Take the basic model, like you have, draw a line through its center, tilt it at approx 45 degrees and draw another line down the "new center." The "new center" is the axis by which it spins (which YES, it warps the field around the singularity). The older line I had you draw is the emissions, which I believe are in the infrared end of spectrum, probably slowed down normal light.
Why would I believe that it is slowed-down light? Well, I'm supposed to believe that nothing can go faster than the speed of light, that it is constant, yet this black hole sucks things in so fast that lightspeed CANNOT escape? I don't think anything is insane to believe in this area, yet...
Aonother thing this:

account for such brilliant light, astronomers believe that quasars are supermassive black holes in galactic nuclei, releasing energy by the accretion of matter through a rotating viscous disk (see cosmology).

reference.allrefer.com...
Anoter view that I cannot find (might be at this site, but didn't read it right), but is what my Astronomy teacher taught is that the light is from far off galxies, but the light is refracted from a mega lens caused by the event horision of a black hole--ie. the black hole IS the magnifying lenz to these distant galaxies, hence we knoe that we can "see" this type of black hole.

Originally posted by xenophanes85
ZeroDeep, cmdrkeenkid, this is precisely what my theory is suggesting. The light and matter 'sucked into' a black hole is either sent to a parallel Universe as dark matter, or is released into our own Universe as dark matter. It could explain the expansion.

Well, that would explain why 989% (the most recent estimate given to me) of ALL matter is dark matter.

A tangent thought: Is it possible to travel around a black hole like we can travel around stars, planets, etc? Supposedly, according to diagrams depicting what a black hole does to a grid representing Space, Space is on a plane, and black holes are indentations IN that plane. But how can space be on a plane (2D), when it is infact 3D? If planes are infinite, how do you get to the other side? If the Universe is 3D, what will we find on the other side?

Well, if you follow your sci-fi, you�ll remember that Star Trek used the gravitational pull of the stars as a slingshot. (Sorry for this!) Anyway, it is something that NASA used to slingshot probes out of the solar system (btw, have they left it yet? �haven�t been keeping up) As long as you don�t pass the point of no return, you can set yourself up in an OBIT around the sucker�much farther out than the Lagrange points we use to station things between us and the sun, for sure.

The thing is 3D. It�s an hourglass shape, specifically one end of it, and it�s supposed to be a warp in our 3D space, so it may have more, and sometimes, depending on the black hole, the damn thing rotates. Just remember anything you�ve seen here is a diagram; they are supposed to make the difficult look TOO simple.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
most erronious, supposed to be 98% dark matter

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new here, and I read somewhere the word white hole, did a quick search on google and found this site.. now.. I don't know anything about whitehole, just about two weeks ago a did'nt even knew it could exist..

Some of you wrote that black hole are just..well big garbage cans.. matter goes in and stays there.. I just cannot believe this.. You see, how can we actually precisely tell what a black hole does? I don't want to say stuff I don't know about, and since I don't know much about black/white holes, this is pretty hard... But here is what I believe..

We are a stupid race... for now lol.. We're here arguing what a white hole is, we can't even take care of our own planet, and don't get me wrong I'm not turning this post into a Greenpeace bull# lol hope the word is not too crude... I guess what I am trying to say is.. how can we say ''it's like that'' for things we never saw and probably won't ever see before we die? I believe everything is possible.. I believe in multiple universes, realities, multiple anything! just take the Earth as a mere example.. think about it.. how everything is so complex on a little rock like this.. We cannot possibly think that the universe is not a million times more complex for that it is more than a million times bigger .. bugs are sort of.. simpler than.. say.. us.. even there I could be proven wrong for some things that we create are so small and so complex....

I just wanted to post my opinion .. to see if I'm the only one to think like that.. or maybe.. open some minds to the infinite possibilities of the universe.. ..
anything is possible, we are simply too dumb to do any of it

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Cyclonicks]

d1k

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I saw on the Discovery channels daily news special that scientists now think that there are multiple universes layered ontop of one another like a thin film. And that its they literly "coat" everyone and everything in each universe, on our skin, on our carpet etc etc. We are literly right beside other universes. Pretty far out stuff. I'm sorry I do not have a link. Maybe someone can find what I'm talking about online somewhere.

I also heard space is nothing more then a series of bubbles, and these bubbles can be manipulated by black holes and worm holes to connect to other places. I would think black holes are door ways into these other universes/dimensions.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
ain't it a shame to start to realise what we could be able to do, and be so far from doing it? And by far i mean.. far

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
What are white holes ?

Do they exist?

Deep

When I was younger I use to have this strange idea that white/black holes were a type of cosmic recycling system where black holes took in all the garbage that came to nothing and white holes spewed it out like the filter in a fish tank via some sort of inter-dementional worm hole. Just thought that I would mention that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join