It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is Infinite. Far Too Big for any human to read in a single lifetime.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I dunno how many people have consciously realised that.

Imbecile that I am, it took me about 6 months before I actually calculated I will never be able to read the whole thing, I won't even come close, even if I spent 10 hours a day 7 days a week. After reading it, you've then got to digest and understand the information. Data becomes Info, Information becomes Knowledge, Knowledge becomes Power and Wisdom.

Maybe someone better at Maths than me could do some calculations.

[[[Number of posts, average length 10 lines, time per post 2 minutes, etc etc.]]]

I wonder if someone could calculate the amount of word processed pages there are here right now. I dnt know what percentage I've read so far.

Some of the secrets of the universe are on this board. In fact, along with Wikipedia, ATS may be one of the best public repositories of knowledge ever made. Sure there's a lot of nonsense here, but it's just like any mine. Lots of dirt, dust and darkness to scrabble through before you hit a vein of gold.

1. When did you realise that ATS was too big to ever read?

2. How do you feel about that?

It makes me a little sad but excited. I am rabid for information and finally I can mine data to my hearts content.

3. What tactics do you use to find the good info? I tend to look for intelligent posters and read from their profiles.

ATS Jaded Syndrome (ATSJS)

Oh gee another disclosure thread, whatevuh. God, enough with thar reptoid discussions. Not another Hollow earth nutjawb etc etc

Given that ATS is, to all intents and purposes, INFINITE- it surprises me that people say they're bored of this or that topic. They obviously don't have the initiative find the good info. So what if there are repeating themes?

Being bored with an infinite repository of knowledge is downright weird.

"Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we have enough of it, one word uttered to us might be sufficient to change the course of our lives. But if we don't have enough personal power, the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and that revelation won't make a damn bit of difference. Do you know that at this very moment you are surrounded by eternity? And do you know that you can use that eternity, if you so desire?"

[edit on 16f20094amThu, 11 Jun 2009 07:32:07 -050007 by HiAliens]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As of this post it would take a person 36 years 54 days 9 hours and 11 minutes to read every single post on ATS. That is accounting if someone is able to read fast enough.

It would be absolutely impossible to achieve.

(I'm kidding about the above number. I doubt NASA could create the requisite algorithm to state how long it would take someone to read all the posts on this site.)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think you'd have to account for the fact that almost every topic on here has been discussed plenty of times already. So if you actually tried reading everything on here it would get very repetitive.

And from what I've seen half the stuff on here isn't even worth reading.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"Posts: 6374968"
"Topics:457799"

"Most new posts on ATS in one 24-hour period: 10,025 on May 15 2009 @ 01:40 GMT"

Post Rate

"posts/24hr: 6429
"posts/week: 44468
"posts/month: 222566
(stats taken from Board Statistic found on the Board page.)

You need to read about 268 posts per hour 24/7 just to keep up

Whew ... I'm finally done....sleeps.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

ATS is Infinite. Far Too Big for any human to read in a single lifetime

Yep, good thing we're not hu....oh, wait a minute...

Uhmm..yeah, would take forever!

new topics

top topics

join