It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The car that runs on thin air!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
www.echoroukonline.com...

A European motor company has created a revolutionary car that literally runs on thin air.

The 'air car' plugs into a wall outlet, allowing an on-board compressor to pressurize the car's air tank to 4,500 pounds per square inch. It takes about four hours to get the tank to full pressure and the cold air is then released gradually to power the car's pistons. Only fresh air comes out of the almost frozen exhaust pipe at low speeds.

The technology pushes the car up to speeds of 35MPH. To go faster a small conventionally fueled engine kicks in to run a heater that warms the air and speeds its release. The engine also refills the air tank. French startup Zero Pollution Motors plans to launch the air car in America by early 2011

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wow thats truly ingenious stuff. If that ever makes it onto the market, I wonder how they will charge us for using it???
By putting a price on air??? You may laugh, but its been done!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah this is not new.
The air car was being invented ages ago by a guy in France.
I guess they must be mass producing it now.
But umm imagine the cost of electricity to charge it after the carbon taxes?
I guess we could make Huge Solar service stations with massive solar panels and batteries to charge the air car's.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I've heard about these before.

These cars would be perfect for inner city driving.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have also heard of this technology many moons ago.

As mentioned before, you will still need electricity to drive the compressor filling the tanks. But it may result in less pollution in the heavy populated areas. In our part of the world (South Africa) we rely heavily on coal fired power stations and the electricity demand exceeds the supply. So in our case, a higher demand on electricity is just not an option.

But in general, although not the perfect green solution, it may rid the major cities from smog. It might be the answer in the first world countries where you have nuclear power stations, wind farms, solar arrays, etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

that'll put government motors out of business real quick

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Yeah this is not new.
The air car was being invented ages ago by a guy in France.
I guess they must be mass producing it now.
But umm imagine the cost of electricity to charge it after the carbon taxes?
I guess we could make Huge Solar service stations with massive solar panels and batteries to charge the air car's.

That guy was Guy Negre. Formula 1 enigineer who worked on this for 19 years with the expected trouble with other industrials.
What saved his invention last year is that TATA company form India bought a license to build them. (Tata also builds a 200 euros gasoline car for the masses).
KLM/Air France uses these cars on the airports as trolleys.
great stuff! His cars load up more quickly.

The talk about electricity costs is totally bogus. It is nothing compared to petrol.

VIDEO button is playing up.
SO...

link: www.youtube.com...

on Tata deal:
www.greencarcongress.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The air would be highly compressed so it wont be 'thin' but would be thicker then most air. but its a great idea. I think tata motors in india made a similar vehicle some time ago.
good post though. star and flag!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
does this mean cars that go on oil will be usless by 2013?

coz if this is in mass production then everyone will not need petrol cars anymore

join