It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens supported "Religion X" would you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My guess would be that aliens wouldnt have a religion.

I believe they would have evolved beyond the need of a religion or a godhead like we humans do.
I think for them to reach us from wherever they came from they would have had to discard religion, just like we will need to if we are going to progress.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

But why?

As I said in my post above, I have every reason to believe that we will still have organized religion if we become a deep space-faring species in -- say -- 1000 or 2000 years, so why would space-faring aliens be any different than us?

I don't see how the absence of religion should be connected to being technologically advanced. Technology and spirituality are two different things.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Its just a personal belief i suppose.

I can just see religion declining as our knowledge of the univers increases. Its already evident that religion has become less important to society in the last 100 years, at least here in the UK.

Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.
- John Lennon

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I agree that Christianity may go someday, but we humans have had some variety of religious beliefs for over 10,000 years -- through all of our technological advances. I don't necessarily see religion and high technology as being mutually exclusive.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by balrathamir
So while reading a few threads on religious beliefs and Aliens I started to wonder, "If Aliens landed and said that was correct, would I convert?"

I think it's an interesting Idea. Many of us are of the belief that Alien life is of a more advanced nature than ours and that they have many of the answers that we don't. So would a statement like that above cause those that always believed in Aliens to convert en mass? Or would people still reject it because it's a religion?

What would be your answer? Covert or not?

They are smarter than us and chances are probably more evolved. I doubt they even fuss with Religion and it's probably not in their vocabulary.

Religion will work itself out here on Earth through education and will eventually fade away as an embarrassment and superstitious idea. We will look like ignorant humans in the evolutionary stage of life to the future generations.

Kind of like how we laugh at the wacko's who went on "Witch Hunts" and persecuted and executed people out of ignorance.
People need to put down the 2 to 5 thousand year old fairy tales. I have my bible sitting on my fiction shelf right next to Harry Potter.

All Religions will fade, but unfortunately not soon enough. Beam me up Scotty, to many Superstitious Wackos down here.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You have the freedom to believe whatever you want to, whether that means in this country or this planet.. If what they say makes sense and is right in your mind, follow what you want, if it does not and you propose something different, then so be it. It's not different from someone from another part of the world having a different belief system than you, really.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

How do you imagine aliens my friend. Because I can assure you they are very different from anything we can imagine. None of us have ever met one have we?

If indeed there are advanced species of life who can travel across galaxy's, space and time...then it only follows that they have a more advanced understanding of other things.

What if they did no the truth, and all along we are being controlled by forces here on earth?

After all they offered to help us in the past. But we shot first, and asked questions later. link

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Religions are part of the slavery on this planet, and basically a bunch of spiritual disinfo at that. Any et bearing religion would be a renegade, and yes, those do like warring religions to control the masses. Nordic ets, will not seem radically different to humans, but they certainly are advanced. Greys, considering the amount of press they've already got, will not seem too radically different. There are quite a few races of humanoids/nordic ets involved and watching over this situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Its just a personal belief i suppose.

I can just see religion declining as our knowledge of the univers increases. Its already evident that religion has become less important to society in the last 100 years, at least here in the UK.

Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.
- John Lennon

Rank Nation Number Percent
1 USA 224,457,000 85%
2 Brazil 139,000,000 93%
3 Mexico 86,120,000 99%
4 Russia 80,000,000 60%
5 China 70,000,000 5.7%
6 Germany 67,000,000 83%
7 Philippines 63,470,000 93%
8 UK 51,060,000 88%
9 Italy 47,690,000 90%
10 France 44,150,000 98%
11 Nigeria 38,180,000 45%

link here

What now? You say Christianity is on the decline?

There are many countries where very high percentages (95 to nearly 100%) of the population are Christians. There are so many, and they represent such a wide range of difficult-to-compare compositions in terms of activity, membership in European state churches, affiliation, etc., that it would be difficult to create a meaningful top 10 list of countries with the highest percentages of Christians.

Wake up, there are allot of people in the world who believe in God. If your not one of them, you are one of few.

I agree that organised religion is a from of control.
But the idea of religion, the message of Christianity is much older than the political dogma which was invented by humans, who funnily enough, throughout history and Obviously still today, think they know better!!!
Some of you guys are Classic examples.

That egotistical mind, which thinks it is far superior to any other. The one who thinks he has acquired some special knowledge which gives him an enlightened perspective. Or simply the one who is in a position of power and uses it to benefit himself.

A warning for you who preach against religion. It will be better for you to think before you speak. You had better be RIGHT. And you had better be SURE about it.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18:6

Specially if your thinking of using John Lennon for inspiration.

My point remains, and I challenge someone to disprove me here. Over the past 100 odd years, where we westerners have developed our "science" and so called understanding of the universe, when in that time, has there been a decline in Christianity? or any other religion for that matter?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No.

It would require evidence for me to believe any type of religion.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Short answer: No.

Long answer: If aliens came down and gave me evidence that this this and this happened, and that this religion is correct, I probably would believe them, but I would not convert to the religion.

Religion is like government, it is built to govern people. Personally I have a problem with anyone telling me how I should or should not live my life. Religion is a scam, if you want to be spiritual, look for your own answers, not another person's.

Edit: It doesn't matter how long a religion survives. Ever heard the 75% theory, the leaders/followers concept? To put it blunt and short - most people are stupid, some aren't. Those people who are stupid, NEED religion, and are often the same sheeple who follow the word of their government or religion as if it were law, and never question their world.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by SkepticPerhaps]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I probably wouldn't, unless it was a religion that was way cooler than LaVeyan Satanism. And by way cooler, I mean involving giant fighting robots, because that's the only thing that's getting me away from the "I don't care" religion.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I will never support any religion until I have proof the deity they worship is real.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join