It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difference between Religion, Sect and Cult.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
About ancient cultures, Egypt, Grece, Mayan, etc.
Why they work well apparently with Religion Goverment?

Happy

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Simple, when you indoctrinate people fully from birth into all aspects of lice (Westerners have to realize that for many others in the world, religion isn't just something you pay lip service to on Sundays, it's all consuming), it makes for an easy to control populace. In addition, it gives the leaders carte blanche as long as they claim its in the name of religion.

I don't think anyone would argue the success of a fused religious/government ruling system with a symbolic figurehead. However, it isn't in line with our current ideologies of freedom, choice, etc. That's why it works today only in those places where it has remained the ruling method (i.e. the Middle East), and with more and more exposure to freedom, that method will eventually succumb....

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
" you don't need a book to be a good person "

what this soul will realize soon, is that all grace is from God. So all love in our hearts is all grace implanted o=in us. The grace can be stronger in some and weaker in others and some are deprived completely of all love and reject Gods grace. He put compassion in us. And I know from experience.

Now as for the OP/

A religion like Catholicism which I am. Is a belief system that stems from a revealed truth companied with miracles and the coming of the messiah. And fullfilled through the prophecies of the OT.

and it produces saints like my signature.

a cult is a group of individuals who create a slavery baised on their own interpretation of the world and how it works and use it to enslave gullable people with no firm foundation in their lives of what to believe.

a sect is a group that has broken away from a major religion that might tweek some of it's former teachings into their own interpretation.

God bless you OP. very sincere you are.

read my signature.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
it makes for an easy to control populace

Gazrok.

No. That's a massive assumption free thinkers have about religious people.

1. Noone on Earth makes souls go to church on sunday. They go because they CHOSE to go and Love God.

as a matter of fact I know some who would go even if the had death threats if they went, they would still go.

The fact is that it's not used to control the populace, that's bull. What controls the populace is the NWO and their plans for a freethinking, free masonic, new world order, which will have no rules, and everybody will be controlled by a mark on their hands.

Religious people are not drones. When I went to church, I haven't been in ages. They were innocent, sane, good hearted people, most of all humble.

They chose to believe, nobody controls them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Thank you Jesusis!!

Yes Miracles, Heaven and Afterlife are a basic ingredient for Religion!

Kiss for you!

Happy.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

nope jt i will not come to that conclusion ever. i have had the pleasure of being clincly dead for slightly over 1 min, and you know what? i still think your book is a good read with good morality advice but nothing more. my grandfather was a baptist pastor and spent countless days teaching me about his religon and even non abrahamic religons and in the end i choose to follow my heart. and my heart dosent lead to a jewish carpenter, rather a avatar of the death force. i need no book to love thanatos and the many other gods i honor. the love thats in my heart is not put there by any god , instead it flows from within me and from within the ones i share it with.

i use to be a christian when i was a child, and im happy to say as i matured so to did my spirit to the point where i need no church, no messiah, no book, and no man to tell me what to belive.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The true religion is omnipotent and holds no barriers. It goes straight out of the heart. And brings all naturaly together.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

You were clinically dead for 1 min.? How did it feel? What did you see?

I feel like knowing lol

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

honestly it felt like being numb and felling a presence watching me thats it i dident see the afterlife or entitys or anything just a feeling of numbness and be watched. and it felt only slightly longer then i was acthualy dead . so nothing special realy. as far as death experiances go it was very tame.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Yes, it is! If you try to restrict someone's free will, that makes you a bad person. If you steal something that doesn't belong to you against the owner's will, then you are doing a bad thing! The same can be said if you spoil your child that he/she fails to reach his/her potential, thus limiting his/her ability to find happiness on their own and to correctly practice their free will.

This free will thing is nonsense. Because if we punish the criminal that stole something we just restricted his free will - by your logic that would as bad as his theft.

It is the same doctrine that Satanists follow. Aleister Crowley's famous edict was, "Do as thou wilt, let that be the whole of the law." in direct opposition to Jesus Christ, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

What you are advocating is the doctrine of demons. Restricting people's free will is the foundation of civilization. It's called law and order.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

laws are not there to restrict free will. they are there to assign proper punishment for someone using thier freewill to harm another (ideally anyway).

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
the love thats in my heart is not put there by any god , instead it flows from within me and from within the ones i share it with.

No. No it's not. when you die you will see. The girl in my sig and many saints seen God face to face and worked countless miracles. There have been cases of death experiences where souls did see God and my mom is one of them.

The fact is that evil is a deprevation of love. Your little goodness which might be half pride baised is from god.

If love just exist because it's in you then noone should be evil like North Koreas leader, or gangsters, or ruthless people on the street you hear about everyday.

did you just luck out?

No.

It's grace. Your pride blocks the ability to see this, but realize one day you will see what i mean.

I know from personal experience how it has worked in my life. I grew up ruthless, without a heart, without christianity, and how I changed after reading about God.

shoot, before I read about.

" love your enemies "

Oh hech no I didn't love my enemies before I read about Christ telling me too.

I wanted them to die.

Now I love them. From God.

God changed my heart not me. In many many ways, like laziness, anger, lust... ect...

Like I said, you will see after death.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thank you Jesusis!!

Yes Miracles, Heaven and Afterlife are a basic ingredient for Religion!

Kiss for you!

Happy.

whoa happy face. explain this?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

i have died, and i have met my god, just because hes not your god does not invalidate the experiance. iv felt him with me , iv heard him speak to me and iv seen him both in dreams and visions and while awake.
and i love him, i love him more then i love my self, i love him as much as i love my wife for they are the twin reasons for my exsistance. he is my god and she is my angel, he is the dark lens through which i percieve exsistance and she is the light of hope keeping me from jumping in to the abyss with all my heart.

im sorry to have to tell you some of us dont need jesus to save us, some dont want him to save us. im perfectly happy knowing that when i die i will go to the underworld where my life will be measured and if i lived my life true to who i am , and just in my treatment of others. i will be rewarded with the choice to live again, to enjoy eternity in the elysian fields, and if i was true to my god i would live with him in the elysian islands amongts the heros and possibly work for my god as his personal servent a fate i wish and work hard for. if im not virtuous i will be sent to the pit of tartarus with the rest of the damned to suffer for my wrongs. a fate i would still honorably accept.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Jesus is truth and truth encompasses all and brakes barriers. Some seem astonished in how close one can get to strangers and make them feel good about themselves.

the child, fully innocent, completely grown up in spirituality. single, no entanglement, up in awareness.

Awareness does not entangle. loose from all illusionary entanglement.

let's claim this entanglement for being the ego. The ego dissapears when the krsna-awareness strikes in, there is complete releasement, disattachement from it. and one is in the Highest. One becometh the Highest. The Highest knows all, it is sacred. It gives off a feeling of well-being and health, strenght and beauty. Everybody loves the Highest.

Everybody loves Him for what he's about to say or will do, no one but the Highest can give off this form of well-being. It is good for all, he clears up this veil. It is catchy like yawning sometimes can be. He is in the Yawn. Yawning opens up the throat and fuels the heart.

Being in the highest makes you get a place in this world. It makes you feel belonging. You work. Something fits, you get a place in life with acts to do, life is getting worth living for all the contentment one spreads and receives. The things you call miracles is just the Highest Awareness matching. It is small and large. It can be the movement of one arm. even the slightest twitch of a finger. To all grow up in this awareness, it is one adn can make us all come together in peace. It disconnets from the flat plane and gives us inspiration from above which always work! it works for eternity. So one has always a place in life, or something to do. No need for hard work everyday, work with pleasure. Work with insight I meant. Always to be taught or to teach.

This is the supreme life. Full of joy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join