It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence we can look after ourselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This experiment in Germany just goes to show that humans can behave like logical, sensible and understanding beings without the intervention of TPTB.

‘No Road Rules’ Policy Gets Rid of Traffic Accidents
Imagine a town with no traffic lights, no stop signs - not even a pedestrian crosswalk.

Sound like a recipe for bumper-to-bumper traffic and constant fender-benders? Think again: Since the town of Bohmte, Germany implemented this radical new anti-traffic control procedure a month ago, there hasn’t been a single accident on the busy roads.

Source

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Now THAT is way cool.
If it works there then why couldn't it work here or anywhere else?

But what this really made me think of why couldn't the same minimalist principle be applied to all of government in itself?

Share: Heart: People: Heart: Food: Everything: Heart

In fact, all we really needed was to follow the Ten Commandments, and everything would have been just peachy fine.

Ten rules for the rest of life. Follow them or suffer the wrath of the masses, and judgment by God at the end. Pretty minimalist.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Now THAT is way cool.
If it works there then why couldn't it work here or anywhere else?

But what this really made me think of why couldn't the same minimalist principle be applied to all of government in itself?

Share: Heart: People: Heart: Food: Everything: Heart

In fact, all we really needed was to follow the Ten Commandments, and everything would have been just peachy fine.

Ten rules for the rest of life. Follow them or suffer the wrath of the masses, and judgment by God at the end. Pretty minimalist.

Actually it is more than ten rules the jewish people follow. There are several hundred just 10 that get attention thanks to christianity..

And as far as it workin here i assume you mean the US? I would love to see people actually behaving themselves but after the hurrican last year here in texas and the power outages and seeing how everyone was acting i can tell you for a fact it wont work. I came to an intersection and got cussed out for going when i thought it was my turn cause the 4 way lights were out. The guy screamed real loud hanging out of his car to make sure i saw him and called me a female dog ( i am a guy btw) all because i went 1 second before he did. I was like wow you really in that much of a hurry to get to the next broken light and sit behind 30 more cars eh? LOL
yes lets see them do away with traffic lights. At least the morons who cross the street at the wrong time will get taken out of the gene pool. LOl
ok that was wrong of me to say.

I will be nice now!!

join