It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are Diamond UFOs a lense artefact or is there something to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have always dismissed the diamond-like UFOs as lense artefacts/Apperture effect due to the fact that they are so blurred when zoomed in and bright as hell from far away. However, the thing that gives me pause is the shape and some features this blur does seem to have in many of the cases. A line on the top half of the diamond. Not all mind you, but most do. Moreover, the New Zealand tape of the UFO that appeared there in the 70s and was extensively filmed during a few nights also showed some sort of shape (a bell/saucer shape) in the blurredness of the film, and I think that one to be genuine. No diamond there!

Look around the 2:20 mark and you will see what I mean.

Now for the diamond UFOs, here are Youtube videos which are so similar, that it makes me doubt whether they are just lense artefacts/apperture effect.

Have a look:

Diamond UFO seen during the Colombia Disaster

In Russia

And this one taken a few days ago in Italy:

My reason for thinking there is something more to it, they are so distinct but some diamonds appear to be different. I am wondering if it is something that is due to the type of camera used?

Here are some other Diamond types.

Does the blurriness of the UFOs give away the true shape of it? It is very bright after all, and if the light is, sort of, diffused would it then show the shape and color of it? I would be interested to hear your views on it.

[edit on 11/6/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If the sky is clear tonight I will film a star then zoom in on it then we can compare shots. I always believed that the diamond shape was due to a few factors. 1 digital zoom being used, 2 glass type in lens and 3 what sort of CMOS or CCD chip/s that is inside the camera. If possible I will have a play tonight.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I've always thought that NZ case was very interesting & I might see if I can find a thread that discusses it in detail.

As detailed & bright as they look, I think the "diamond" UFO's are all camera artefact.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
They definately spotted and filmed something in New Zealand on 1978:
a very well researched thread about it can be found here:
Caught on film by TV crew: The 1978 Kaikoura UFO sightings

Very unlikely some professional videotaper would make the mistake to keep something out of focus: it's also interesting to take a look to the analysis made by Bruce Maccabee: many shapes of many different colors were caught on camera, that sighting was one of the most interesting ever corroborated by some visual evidences, in my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks for the link, Internos.
I'll have a good read of that now.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

It is definitely one of the more intriguing sightings to be sure. Saying that, I do think that some of the film is a little out of focus. I could be wrong as I am no expert, but I do believe that the shape is seen better because of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The vast majority I have seen have been focal issues related to the ap/CCD in the camera. It's even be shown on national TV, and how this effect happens.

But, there's always much bravado about these, and it seems saying this doesn't help raise the bar for people's realization of it.

Dr. Macabbee will be on our show very soon to discuss the New Zealand case if your into that. Link to show in sig.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I already posted a thread with most all of these video's some time ago and of course it was passed off as lens artifact.

Here is the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks to OP putting one of my youtube video experiments with a diamond lens artifact.

Here is one more experiment, more detailed and explanatory, which show how different cameras play with this kind of artifact:

[edit on 11/6/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
depthoffield nice work there fella. Maybe you should create a how too and get it stickied.

top topics

join