It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jellyfish like UFO Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Here is a video of a bright white UFO. No real point of reference but still quite interesting due to the shape. It looks like a jellyfish to me and it reminded me of the Crop circle.

It looks quite genuine.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Several weeks ago in a thread , one of the resident experts showed how that 1/2 circle or jellyfish shape early in the video could be caused by the much discussed camera iris effect.
If my memory serves me correctly, it was Armap who showed that.
I think it was in the middle of a very long thread & I'm not sure how to search for it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Thaks for sharing, Lebowski achiever;

this was submitted to MUFON, together with a report:

I left a friends house in the early morning of June 6th, around 2:30am. On the way, I noticed an oddly bright light in the north sky. It appeared about 3-5x bigger than the brightest star in the sky. Just a little more than enough to clearly define that it was not a star. When you looked close with a naked eye, it seemed to be strobing through different colors. So I rushed home to get my camera. This was my 3rd time witnessing strange lights in the sky, none caught on camera, so I was very eager to get this one. I live about 45 mins south of Wright Patterson AFB located in Dayton, OH. I'm in Erlanger, KY. I believe this could explain my multiple sightings.
When I got home I immediately grabbed the camera, which ironically had no charge, it was left running the last time i used it. So after getting my power cord, finding it was too short to reach, unplugging the fish tank(poor guys), grabbing the extension cord, and plugging everything up, I was finally able to begin rolling around 3:00am.
Everything was recorded from my 2nd floor balcony, with my Panosonic SDR-S7 camcorder. I filmed the light for at least an hour, using both manual and auto zoom. zooming in, zooming out. In the zoomed video you can clearly see the strobing plasma lights and its overall, beauty, i guess is the best way to say it. It's really bright and weird aurora's and strobes are visible, clearly. I had no tripod, but I did stablize the camera on my balcony banister with my right hand, and used my left hand to prop it up towards the light. It's pretty good footage, even capturing 700x zoom, while somehow keeping the craft in frame. When zoomed in, the light flattened out durastically. Basically, it looked like a dog bowl shaped disc, as it appeared to be circular with depth. Also, zooming in revealed the strobing, or pulsing, plasma-like lights were coming from the top of the craft or light. At this point I knew it was a craft of some kind, beaming with light energy, or something!
After filming the object for over an hour, I was very tired, I had left my friends to go straight to bed, until I saw the light. Although I very badly wanted to record all night, into the next day, I had just enough satisfaction from catching it on tape, that I was able to go to sleep. I checked on it for the last time sometime after 4:00am, and it was still there. After that night, it hasn't been there since.

Attatched is about 3 minutes of the best segment of footage I have, using manual zoom. At one point, when the object is out of focus, it appears as a blur, but this blur is perfectly flat on the bottom. I am not sure if this is anomolous, or just a normal thing. Definitely adds to the video though. I have 20-30 mins total of unedited footage that I am more than willing to upload all of it if you are interested.
Thanks for your time. -Mark

MUFON entry

Ufostalker's entry

The video that was submitted can be downloaded from HERE

Due to the lack of points of reference, as you correctly pointed out, it's impossible to even determine which movements are of the object itself and which ones are just (deliberate or not) camera shacking, while the shape when it zooms (and gets out of focus) in is most likely due to the iris opening.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Yes I think that some of it is due to the camera not being used properly, but I have started another thread regarding that. I wonder if you can still see the true form of the UFO eventhough it is blurred. It is different from quite a few others that are also blurred, most notably the diamond shape.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I watched the video again & re-read the report posted by Internos.
Honestly, I don't see a diamond shape & my guess is that it's a star.

I looked at your other post. That NZ case is very interesting & I might see if I can find a thread that discusses it in detail. I think the "diamond" UFO's are all camera artefact.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

No exactly. Not a diamond shape but more of a jelly fish. That is what I mean. Why would it appear as a diamond in one of the videos and like a jellyfish in this one if it is all JUST a Lense/Iris/ issue. I am not saying that some of it not attributal to that, but I still think that some of the actual shape is still visible. Eventhough it is blurred.

top topics

join