It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu To Be Declared Global Pandemic *UPDATE* Level 6 Official

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrlyNorly

i want to say that my sister who lives in pennsylvania has contracted swine flu.

she contracted it a week and a half ago and i am scared because she also came down with pnuemonia at what should be the tail end of the virus..
she works with both children and animals so in all probability that is how she was affected.

two kids at a local high school have also had swine flu in the past month and they were barred from returning to school for the rest of the year.

so this thing is definitely out there and i am worried about my sister very much. she is strong and young so she will be able to kick it i know but i am still grief-stricken and would ask for your thoughts and prayers or however you want to show respect . as far as pandemic is concerned, i know there was an outbreak of this in the 70s and was wondering about statiistics from that time period. anyone ?

My Thoughts are with your Sister and We wish her a speedy recovery,
Please keep us updated on how she is doing,
Thanks for joining ATS
and look forward to seeing you around, Let me know if you need any help ok,

Asala

[edit on 11-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

According to the WHO, a pandemic is

* Emergence of a disease new to a population.
* Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.
* Agents spread easily and sustainably among humans.

There's no qualifications with regards to severity, mortality rate, etc. - the only thing that stops the common cold from being a pandemic every year is that it's nothing new to the population.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
times up baby......

www.youtube.com...

I tried.. Reember swoll...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yeah this is a little late but this will get worse when flu season comes down this year.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This thread is only helping big pharma sell more dangerous vaccines.
www.redorbit.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

man I feel for you....

man up time......

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I was just reading this article www.abc.net.au...

It says the WHO is worried about a 2nd wave.

"The world is now at the start of the 2009 influenza pandemic. Countries where outbreaks appear to have peaked should prepare for a second wave of infection," she said.

Something interesting i read about the Spanish Flu was that those who got sick in the first wave and survived where immune to the 2nd wave which was much worse.

So the second wave began and flu quickly spread around the world again.[41] It was the same flu, in that those who recovered from first-wave infections were immune, but it was far more deadly, and the most vulnerable people were those like the soldiers in the trenches—young, otherwise healthy, adults.[42] Consequently, during modern pandemics, health officials pay attention when the virus reaches places with social upheaval, looking for deadlier strains of the virus.[

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I agree and more proof
www.who.int...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
the WHO still needs a way of telling us the severity of this pandemic.

someone u2u me please when it hits level 7. then i will really be worried!

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Sorry mate but this is the highest level which is 6

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007

Originally posted by Ashcool007

Sorry mate but this is the highest level which is 6

and nothing seems different. i find it funny that the panic level around the globe went crazy when it jumped to level 5 and it goes to level 6 without most people even knowing it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yeah, nothing is different. Funny how that works. The only reason I know its a level 6 is because of a small bulletin when I logged on to Windows Live Messenger this morning.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yeah you are right and here some people were jumping to conclusions that airports will be shut down and NWO will do something and blah blah wat do u think abt it

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aftiel

It basically means that the disease is now found on every continent, it does not imply that it is particularly lethal. People are overreacting for the most part, mostly on the reporting end. I do feel for anyone who has lost someone to it, my condolences.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007

Originally posted by Ashcool007
wat do u think abt it

well i can remember when this whole story broke and we went from level 3 to level 4 to level 5 in no time. the panic was insane. i was thinking we would hit level 6 shortly after it went to 5 and the poop would hit the fan. i was thinking airports would b shut down , mass gatherings would be prevented , and schools and workplaces around the country would be closed.

funny how it just jumped to level 6 and i have yet to see a person wearing a surgical mask through these last 2 months.

at the moment this thing isnt as serious as it first looked. the only thing that would make it the doomsday scenario is if it mutated into something that truly was a killer. maybe this will happen over the next year , who knows.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Do they ever give the names of those who supposedly died of the swine flu? They say 12 people died in NYC, but who are they? Do they really exist or are they simply fictional characters?

We just know they are somewhere between this and that age, but they won't check these peoples' identities. Who are they?

Also are those who are labeled with swine flu really suffering from the swine flu or just the normal flu? How can one tell the difference?

People are always dying from flu/influenza related diseases. Are these same people now being labeled with swine flu instead, so that we believe that people are dying from this new unknown flu?

So to me it seems that the word "swine flu" is used to panic the world into buying Tamiflu from Donald Rumsfeld & Co..

Of course that's not enough. I believe the main point is that it can also tear down the economy without any blame on Obama, Sarkozy, and the rest of our puppet leaders.

They keep saying the economy is on a rebound, while the Bilderberg Group already said it would only get worse with an unemployment rate of 14% by the end of the year.

So how do we ruin the economy in the short term without everyone calling our puppet leaders liars? Disease! Panic! No more traveling, no more shopping, no more going out, no more eating out, and so on.

Meanwhile more people are suffering from influenza, starvation, cancer and so on. Why did they never call a Cancer Pandemic? Oh, it doesn't pass from human to human. But still I have lost older friends with cancer, which seems to be to be more easy to get than the swine flu.

I live in Taiwan, and I'mnot scared. I think it's a scam!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Here is the official "what is a phase 6" page on the WHO site

www.who.int...

oh and also here is the link to the Director-General of the WHO's official statement if this hasn't been posted already.

www.who.int...

Seems to me like they are taking these precautions because they don't exactly know what the H1N1 will do.

[edit on 6/11/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
reply to post by total newbie

Why do you think the people in the "hood" are gang bangers and "all hard" or whatever it is?

They are scared. Scared crapless because of the abject poverty and crime around them.

If someone comes in and says, "Look it, if you don't take the shot you're going to die." they will all line up and probably shoot each other to get that shot.

Obama. Mandatory vaccines. Do it now.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A few thoughts of mine that have been lingering for quite some time.

If this "flu" is so dangerous, why is everything like travel etc. "business as usual"? Wouldn't various governments try to hinder the spread of the "swine flu" by stopping, or at least, limiting travel?

There have been a few cases of the "swine flue" in Norway as well. However, they recovered just fine, and doctors believe they would have recovered even without Tamiflu. (Which was given as a precaution to the infected.)

When I first heard about the Swine flu, I became quite concerned naturally. Just as I did over the dreaded bird flu. However, neither of the two flues have really done much damage from what I can ascertain.

I'll of course be weary, but I'm in no where close to being as concerned as I was when I first heard about it. Something just doesn't quite add up.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Questions?

What is the World Health (death) Organ-iz-nation and the UN [United (exclusive) Nations] doing telling the US what to do?

Sovereignty or slavery?

Bill of Rights, the Constitution, Liberty, 'Republic', Freedom........ or Serfdom?

Which do 'you' prefer?

If the politicians have no spine, courage or common sense, it is time to remove them from office. The political majority is either severely compromised or strategically placed by the foolish NWO tyrants. Both are 'obviously' involved here! Is this not abundantly obvious by NOW?

Homo-Sapien? I see no Sapience, do you? The human species is obviously not deserving of the title. The title is earned not given. No?

The 'people' are to run this country NOT the International bankster, illuminati, corporatist, fascist NWO Fools!

Perhaps the virus is due. Courage and Compassion clearly appears absent.

You will get the world you deserve in the End.

Step UP, speak UP, Fight or perish.

Disgusted with 'humanity' as a whole.

All I see is cowardice, ignorance, payoffs, extortion, death threats, assassinations, welfare serfdomites and the walking dead.

This is NOT what America 'was' all about. The rest of the nations are just as guilty here for not following their collective conscience.

You 'have' a choice.
Choose wisely.

Just witnessed the C-SPAN banking oversight commitee's cross evaluation of Bernake and Geithner's extortion of Kenneth Lewis (Bank of America CEO) to purchase Merrill Lynch (and it's 11 billion in losses) and forced acceptance of TARP funds for the agenda of the NWO tyrannical Fools.

Kenneth Lewis is a prime example of a coward in action. Panties or no panties Kenneth? This is no 'Man'. Highly advise those to view this program. It is a prime example of how cowardism, selfishness, greed, lust for power is to destroy all involved in the End.

This should be a case study for all business schools and law schools though the faculty appear to be muzzled cowards as well.

Absolutely disgusted with the lack of evolution of mankind. It is obvious the human race is not a Noble One.

To each his/her own End.

Good Riddence!

May those of the caliber of Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Bob Barr, Alex Jones and a 'few' others survive to reproduce in large numbers. The rest should make for a nice compost.

You have a Choice; always have.

May the Troll brothers Profile and data-mine 'this'.....for their 'own' good?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Perseus Apex]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join