It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu To Be Declared Global Pandemic *UPDATE* Level 6 Official

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So the cat is out the bag. It's obvious now that the gag order from WHO has been lifted as the news is a free for all, reporting cases.

They are saying that people won't be tested by CDC but by local doctors, adding another layer of abstraction for real figures.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you are in the UK you might want to put News Night on its just started on BBC2 10.30pm .They are discussing level six and its implications.Oh and if you are not from the UK catch later on www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Oh no! 27,000 cases and 141 deaths!! How terrible

Pandemic my ass.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iulslion

My thoughts exactly i mean what are the statistics here it spread to 74 countries with a reported 27,000 cases and 141 deaths according to the link really though just think tobacco kills 440000 per year, 36666 per month, 8461 per week worldwide according to some articles i have read those numbers there are enormous compared to these flu numbers i just don't feel any kind of emergency here but maybe that's just me.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thanks for the heads up, watching now

It's a breath of fresh air that they are now open about it. Just shows how TPTB have gagged this story for 2 months...should get interesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

exactly.. Point and case man. Unless this virus hits overdrive in oct-mar. and kills millions I don't get it either bro.. All I gotta say is it wont kill millions,, ahem but i don't give it the respect others here on the site does, its a cold man.. Lotsa people have gotten sick from it and recovered.. I am not scared of the swine flu.. Ha.. Come on..
I am human... I have a imune system that can beat it.. Rawww... All the strong should not fear this.. period...

Peace out boyz... Scared to get sick come on man...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

I sent you a u2u since we're talking about local matters.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

How many years does smoking take to kill somebody? I'm betting a bit longer then h1n1 and the variants that we will see in the future take to kill.

I love how people try and justify things like this as not a problem because something is worse. If I told you there was a guy that was going around your street shooting people in the face would you respond that more people die from speeding each year so its nothing to worry about?

The reports of deaths are not even accurate so don't base your judgment on the current facts.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PullThePin

I hope that they come out with vaccine against the new H3N5 Ignoranta Virus. Some people are showing severe signs

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I am not scared of this cold.. Let it come.. Might bust a grape and put me on bunk status a few days, but I promise you it wont kill me....

Nothing to be scared of if your strong and healthy baby...

if your fat and outta shape... Well maybe you should be scared...

Period..

according to the WHO...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

People don't understand the fact this is a new strain of virus...there is NO cure.

It is a triple hybrid virus, a bird licked a pig, a farmer got friendly with his swine stock and he then passed it onto others; or it was engineered in a lab, anyway whatever.

Understand that pandemics are different to colds. It's comments like yours that makes this H1N1 so dangerous, as you probably won't take precautions, thus exposing others.

In the winter, hospitals will get full, that's when deaths will occur. Also, the fact that people think Tamiflu will help, is a misnomer. The more people that take it, the more reassortement occurs, mutating the virus further.

A vaccination panacea is wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here in CT they had been adding cases to the Dept. of Health website everyday, now they posted a thing saying they will only update once a week.

It's fine, really.

Oh there's a flu outbreak in my town at a school. Not my school, yet.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

yessir but I am confident, it wont kill me..

I hear ya..

Gottta have a good attitude in my opinion.. Strong healthy males I should not be telling them to be afraid of getting sick bro..

I am tired of hearing people being scared...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Why do you think the people in the "hood" are gang bangers and "all hard" or whatever it is?

They are scared. Scared crapless because of the abject poverty and crime around them.

If someone comes in and says, "Look it, if you don't take the shot you're going to die." they will all line up and probably shoot each other to get that shot.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
[edit on 11-6-2009 by jonnyzz]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

fear.. Is bad bro.. I don't make this virus dangerous. I make this virus equal by calling it out..

fate is fate bro.. fear is the sucking of life man.. making choices based off fear is not good.. Most times its the wrong decision.. I hear ya thou and respect ya.. But me personally I will not fear this cold..

freedom baby...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A pandemic has nothing to do with the # of people dead.

As far as it mutating however, this is sheer guesswork. Those in the know have pretty much said there is a very low chance it would mutate into something very deadly. Consider... it can't be too deadly, or it dies out. If too weak (ala what we have now), it's not a serious issue. It has to be that just-right scenario, and they say that's a very low chance indeed.

So while being prepared is a great thing, expecting the worse is also not a great thing. Prepare for the worst.. sure.. no need to act like it's a forgone conclusion however.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
All I have to say is this virus proves man has no clue about man himself..
Nor his relationship with life itself.. Instead of confronting a threat most cower and whine and complain and procrastinate the concept of the threats that represent the definition of death in one form or another.. try to civilize that..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by uplander

please continue uplander i want to hear what else you have to say about this..

tell me all about it...

attacking the poor and making them sound ignorant and dumb pisses me off.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join