It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Has Uncrackable Code Sculpture Outside Its Building?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Same here. No "words" just jumbles of letters.

www.voynich.net...

The morse in the above image:

.-  ---  ..  -  ..  ...  ---  .--.  .-.  -..  ---  --.-  ...  ..  -

translated:

"A O I T I S O P R D O Q S I T"

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, I posted their translation of the more code... its those 5-6 words or phrases a few posts back with Lucid Memory, etc on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

I found this within the site you copied earlier that explains how they came to the message.

SOS, LUCID MEMORY, T IS YOUR POSITION, SHADOW FORCES, VIRTUALLY INVISIBLE, DIGETAL INTERPRETATU, and RQ (or maybe YR if it's looked at upside down).

Morse Code

This webpage concerns the morse code of the Kryptos puzzle. Many thanks
to Eric Hall for his insights and help on this presentation.
Typing out the Morse code without spaces between individual letters reveals that
the entire code is a series of palindromic repeats. While the dits and dots of
repeats are identical in both directions, the words they form are not. In order
for the message to be read in the reverse direction, substitutions must be made.
Inspection of the Morse code alphabet yields a set of letters that is a mirror
image of itself, one that is a mirror image of another letter, and another that
is not a mirror image of any other letter. Using these characteristics, one can
build a table in order to to decipher the reverse code.
Q=Y
N=A
D=U
V=B
F=L
G=W
C=AA

S O S
.. --- ...
.. --- ...
S O S

SOS/SOS

R Q
-. --.-
-.-- .-.
Y R

M E M O R Y E
-- . -- --- .-. -.-- .
--.- .-. --- -- . --
E Q R O M E M
MEMORY/EQROMEM = MEMORY

T I S Y O U R
- .. ... -.-- --- ..- .-.
-. -.. --- --.- ... .. -
R D O Q S I T
TISYOUR/RDOQSIT = TISYOUR

P O S I T I O N
--. --- ... .. - .. --- -.
- --- .. - .. ... --- .--.
A O I T I S O P
POSITION/AOITISOP = POSITION

D I G E T A L
-.. .. --. . - .- .-..
.-. -. - . .-- .. ..-
F N T E W I U
DIGETAL/FNTEWIU = DIGETAL

V I R T U A L L Y
..- .. .-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.--
--.- ..-. ..-. -. -.. - .-. .. -...
Q F F N D T R I B
VIRTUALLY/QFFNDTRIB =VIRTUALLY

I N V I S I B L E

. -. ...- .. ... .. -... .-.. .
..-. ...- .. ... .. -... .- ..
E F V I S I B A I
INVISIBLE/EFVISIBAI = INVISIBLE

S H A D O W
.. .... .- -.. --- .--

--. --- ..- -. .... ...
G O U N H S
SHADOW/GOUNHS = SHADOW

F O R C E S
.-. --- .-. -.-. . ...
.. . .- .- .-. --- .-..
S E A A R O L
FORCES/SEAAROL = FORCES

L U C I D
-.. ..- -.-. .. -..
.- .. .- .- -.. ..-.
U I A A D F
LUCID/UIAADF = LUCID

This last example is not precise, as it takes more than just letter mirroring:
D T N T E R P R E T A I
-.. - -. - . .-. .--. .-. . - .- ..
. -. - . .-. .--. .-. . - .- - ..-
I N T E R P R E T A T U
DNTERPRETATU/DTNTERPRETAI
(.. -. - . .-. .--. .-. . - .- - .. --- -.)
(Interpretation)

Basically the words are reversed and you need to substitute some of them out and replace them with other letters.

IE ""A O I T I S O P R D O Q S I T" " becomes "I have no idea what I am taking about now" at least when I translate it

www.scoutscan.com...

I need to spend some more time learning about all of this I think.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ok, so I found something else very interesting out...

In the morse code it says, "T Is Your Position" right?

Remember the mathematical thingy I was talking about that showed different planes... like dimensions? In one of them, T is a location. It could be referring to where you start. if T is your position... wouldnt you figure that means something?

Visit the wikipedia link here to see if you can snag what im trying to say, lol.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

I think its talking about vertical and horizontal position if you like.

Underground seems to be the most obvious.

Take it your meaning the same?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well yes, possibly that, but also possibly....
Lets say this is part of the kryptos:

KRYPTOS
RYPTOSK
YPTOSKR
PTOSKRY
TOSKRYP
OSKRYPT
SKRYPTO

Maybe your position is wherever "T" lands on the KRYPTOS matrix. I dont know, i'd have to know more precisely the mathematics involved. If anyone is good with math, try decoding it!!
Also, on that wikipedia site for Abscissa there is converters... cartesian to geodetic and etc. Maybe you have to convert to another type of measurement to find out where to go. I dont know, thats all too confusing for me lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I noticed also that the red dot in this picture is in a curved... elliptical-style line around the "park" area from kryptos. I remember reading something about an elliptical code. Also if you look... if the Kryptos was on the exact opposite side of where it currently stands, it would be RIGHT where the red dot is now. The red dot is where the coordinates in the broken code points to. A second kryptos maybe? Or maybe theres another hint there. Its pretty symmetrical to where the kryptos would be standing if you folded the picture in half, at the middle of the park.

Also, im pretty sure this is all the letters that are on the kryptos... I dont know if their placement if very helpful or not... The highlighted area is the last 96-97 letters that have to be decoded.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
XXX did you log off? Or did u check what I posted yet?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

I am still looking for any more info on this.

Seems like theres something still missing I think.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Cool man, everything i've found so far just seems to lead to a dead end... like theres something there but I cant see it. I even tried checking out the letters of the riddle, but i'm no codebreaker. I can help with some theory and what the words mean and could stand for or help with but thats about it... if I find something new, i'll post it. Same 2 u. Oh, and I starred u for all ur input, its been helpful.

-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
From what I gather the enciphering / crypting methods used in the first messages weren't that ''elite'' or whatever you want to call supreme ciphers that noone knows how to crack.

I haven't read everything about it though so I don't know how they found out about some keywords, but if it's similar to the older messages I'm sure there's some keyword to be found, after which they yet again, use a Keyword-based cipher (This could be anything from Playfair to another vignere, or the one used for message 3 of which I always forget the name)

Maybe I'll do an attempt at analyzing some stuff in various ways to attempt to crack it. ( I have no internet atm though, except for on my G1 phone)

But I'd dare bet on it that all we need is another one of those ''keywords'' to find the solution.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah, but you would think if it was just another keyword, a computer could have cracked it already. They cracked 3, im not gonna say easily, but they did... like one right after another. This last one is elusive, its different. The guy who made the sculpture says he's pretty satisfied in thinking he's going to die without anyone EVER decoding it. He says that its part of the mystique, but does insist its decodeable.

I just think everyones going to be looking for a keyword when its something completely different.

And to me I could care less what the last code says, I want to know what it all means put together. Why do the coordinates point 150-200 feet away? What does it have to do with the opening of king tuts tomb? Invisible? Earths magnetic field? Any of this stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i took this print out that is linked from the link you provided. I then counted the letters individually in the 2 left boxes. I kind of see the 2 right boxes as a key. well for now. here are my letter counts if it helps anyone decipher this, i thought we could search for most common letters used in words.

A: 8/30 B: 8/10 C: 7/11 D: 28/20 E: 30/52 F: 30/12 G: 22/10
H: 16/24 I: 7/22 J: 15/3 K: 16/7 L: 18/18 M: 19/12 N: 16/23
O: 3/22 P: 15/10 Q: 26/5 R: 15/26 S: 5/21 T: 16/37 U: 24/11
V: 19/2 W: 8/13 X: 9/2 Y: 11/9 Z: 19/4

With this said, i think the boxes on the right are a corresponding cipher for the lines on left. Though noticing the fluctuation of letter use from top left box to bottom left box, leads me to believe each line or box changes the scrambelizations, but only on which letter starts the pattern.

edit: forgot, theres also three ?'s

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Myendica]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow! Very nicely done! Lets keep rolling with this. I'm going to try and apply that to the stuff we already know.

Theres a few main keywords:

The first piece solved, the keywords were:
KRYPTOS
PALIMPSEST

(For the record, I wiki'd these earlier in the thread so if u need to know their meaning, look back...)

The second piece solved keywords were:
KRYPTOS
ABSCISSA

And the third one it says the keys were:
Keys: three columnar transpositions.

I dont know if the third one means, those were the words THREE COLUMNAR TRANSPOSITIONS or if it was just located in three columnar transpositions.

KRYPTOS seems to be the keyword here though. Its written many many times on the sculpture.

I starred u my man, good work!! Look into some of these keywords and see what you can find!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
These are the only letters left to solve:

OBKR
UOXOGHULBSOLIFBBWFLRVQQPRNGKSSO
TWTQSJQSSEKZZWATJKLUDIAWINFBNYP
VTTMZFPKWGDKZXTJCDIGKUHUAUEKCAR

But the key to solving them could be in the other letters...

Heres a cool site that tries to reconstruct the KRYPTOS as accurately as possible:
realmoftwelve.kryptos.info...

[edit on 6/11/2009 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
whoa -- cool.

i presume it must be crackable, otherwise why bother??

cool idea for a sculpture -- particularly for the CIA.

damn, i'm such a geek for thinking this is awesome, aren't i??

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac
whoa -- cool.

i presume it must be crackable, otherwise why bother??

cool idea for a sculpture -- particularly for the CIA.

damn, i'm such a geek for thinking this is awesome, aren't i??
]

Hmm, well I suspect that if any code/cypher is writable, then it must be crackable as well. By the way, as an art lover, I think the sculpture is very beautiful and the previously decifered text reads like an excerpt from a novel. If the artist created the cypher (??) then it may well be an excerpt from a particular novel?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If the sculptor has a sense of humor he may of written in an excerpt from a George Orwell novel. Does anyone know the sculptors tastes in books?

edit. to prevent the furthering of my looking stupid in my attempt to help stir creative juices

Just trying to help yall mix up your cryptology jucies.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by titorite]

[edit on 11-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have a funny feeling that if someone were to crack the last one, that they would probably regret very much what they had just learned.

Ignorance is bliss.

Denying it is fun.

Living without any at all? Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
im a cryptoanalyst myself and it looks like it says give me liberty or give me death

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join