It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother accused of sex crimes against children arrives at court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Mother accused of sex crimes against children arrives at court

www.thisisplymouth.co.uk

A PLYMOUTH woman arrived at court this morning charged with a string of sexual offences against children.

Nursery worker Vanessa George, aged 39, of Douglass Road, Efford, was brought in by a white police van with blacked out windows followed by a police car at 7.10am.

Police have erected a 15 metre plastic barrier edging from the court entrance to the kerb where Vanessa arrived to prevent media and relations coming too close.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is a shocking case for many in this area.
This woman was in a job where the utmost trust is needed. The UK currently has very tight measures in regards to being able to work with children.

Someone, somewhere, seems to have made some very big mistakes, but you can never tell who, how or when attitudes and ideas may change which lead to such shocking actions.

The police are using as close to 'maximum' security as they can get around and in the court. There are many angry people and I don't think this is going to be one of those cases that are eventually forgotten.

We're going to hear a lot about this.

It has been suggested that this woman even took photos from inside the nursery where she worked.

www.thisisplymouth.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
sometimes i wish loved ones were alowed to just beat the **** out of people. this is sickening and i dont even have kids, you really cant tell who to trust nowadays.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Whats going on with women doing these things to children? Here in the states almost every day I read an article about a female teacher having sex with a student, sometimes as young as grammer school. These cases have exploded in recent years ,whats happening?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe it's time to trow in a little conversation here....

Now don't get me wrong ,no good words for the woman involved but for everybody questioning why this is happening.....Simple!!!....

Don't leave your children with some stranger!!!

Being a father i have noticed that nowadays everybody just dumps their child at some day care center and of to work they go....Pick it up at the end of the day ,have dinner and put them to bed.

That's not how you raise a child!! That's how other people are raising your child for you while you are busy chasing a career....it's something different all together!!!

I know, i know, mommy and daddy have to work to make ends meet but WTH. Why did mommy and daddy not think about this before they had children??

When my wife and i deceided to have children we both looked at our options because we both felt it as extremly important that one of the parents would be availible at all times. This ment that my wife had to sidetrack her career and we would not be able to buy that big house we had our eyes on for a while BUT when making decissions you are always gonna leave certain options out....

I would like to know from each and every member on ATS above 40 how their time at the day care centre was when they were young......???

I believe that here in Holland we didn't even have such a concept as "day care centre". Nowadays these things a poppin up like mushrooms all over the place. Heck ,i believe you have to enlist your child even before it is born or else no place will be availible when you wanna place 'm their...

This is insane!!!....

My children (3 of them, all boys, aged 1, 3 and 6) went to "peuter speelzaal" which freely translated means as much as "toddler playroom" but that's only on monday and thursday for 3 hours and that is to develope social skills etc.. but their is no way that people ,who put their 3 month old 5 days a week ,8 hours a day in some room with a stanger, should be surprised something will happen to this child which would not have happened if you took care of it yourself.......

Now let the flaming begin and burn me to the ground with your retoric about how you have to work in modern day society in order to keep your head above water.....

Peace

[edit on 11/6/2009 by operation mindcrime]

join