It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executives draw huge salaries at L.A. nonprofit drug treatment center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Executives draw huge salaries at L.A. nonprofit drug treatment center

www.latimes.com

Steven Winston, who earns $173,000 a year as the highest-paid executive at Daytop Village, a New York-based nonprofit treatment center that takes in $53 million a year, was incredulous at the compensation at Tarzana.

"These people are making what for-profit people make," he said. "It's anathema to what real nonprofits and real charitable organizations do."

Frances Hill, a professor at the University of Miami specializing in nonprofit tax law, said conflicts of interest were inherent at Tarzana because the chief executive wears so many other hats: chairman of the board, lawyer and la
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
When a Non Profit Treatment Center CEO is the landlord, legal councel, and get funding (85%) from taxpayers, and the top 4 executives have taken more than $2.27 million in 2007, yet this does not include the other services provided to the non profit organization which I'm sure are billing the non profit org. for even more, how can they get away with conflict of interest and non profit law?

I guess milking the system as a non profit pays big time.

And you don't have to worry about the check bouncing...well....I guess now-a-days that may not be true much longer, but These execs. should be run through the gauntlet of the IRS and Attorney General for investigating the profitable non profit status.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join