It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Mannitoba researcher believes this Pandemic will mimic 1918-19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
As we have all followed the trends in Canada that show rapid transmission between citizens- and especially among the native population; and as we have discussed the missing viral specimens from Manitoba, I felt thiswas a relavent thread to begin:

www.nationalpost.com...

Remember that the 1918 strain wasrecovered and sequenced from a deceased woman on Native North American heritage, who died of the disease.

I wonder if the connection is A/H1N1, and the subsequent waves of infection of an H1N1 naive population, or if The University of Manitoba KNOWS this is going to happen, due to the research into the '18 strain, and is covering their collective bums.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thank you

Edit: again- forgive the typos- numb hands from spine injury

[edit on 11-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I feel that we are way overdue for a repeat of the influenza pandemic of 1918. However, I'm not sure this strain is going to be the one that's going to cause it. There have been some deaths, which is common with most flu outbreaks, but I think this one is mutating quickly, and may be harmless in another month or two. I think we are going to see an outbreak in the next couple of years that is going to make 1918 look like a cakewalk. The reason. We are literally washing away the immunity of our children by constantly using antibacterial soaps on them. It's not going to hurt a kid to get dirty. But what we are doing is raising a generation of susceptables, ready to drop like flys.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Interesting info CultureD. I am preparing as best that I can for a full epidemic in the fall. We can't escape it ... but we can stock up and try to be ready in case the food supply is interrupted, etc.

new topics

join