2 Japanese Carrying $134 Bil Worth Of U.S. Bonds Detained in Italy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This story is incredible. I can confirm that the soource is 100% valid www.gdf.it is the same as IRS.GOV so no mistakes in here. I can confirm as well the amounts ... billions.
I think this news will disappear very very fast, it did not hit MSM in Italy which is incredible. If Italy could keep 40% of the money that would a huge amount. I can't believe someone would fake bonds of this magnitude it would be the dumbest thing ever. Now we just need to wait for the news to disappear.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
Another important note is: How the hell the police found them? Who gave the tip to the police to search these guys... Strange.

If they are carrying 134Billions I don't think they need travel from Italy to Switzland using an airplane or other public transport vehicle. They would just rent a private jet to travel to any country in the globe. The business CEOs of the world do it all the time.

[edit on 11/6/09 by blackcube]

Even if you use a private jet, that doesn't mean you don't need to go through customs.
Otherwise some N Korean guy might just fly a nuke in his private jet over to the US...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Guess this leads some credence to what chris story, casper and fulford have been saying.

To sum it up they say there are huge amounts of funds out there that are suppose to be returned the people of theirrespective countries and that the PTB keep blocking and attempting to steal these funds.

World reports.org

Rumor Mill - Warning obnoxious pop-ups

benjaminfulford.com...

This stuff is what got me looking at conspiracies in the first place.

Now you are stuck with me.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mind Blowing.

Is the dollar that worthless? $134 billion in bonds just floating around out there? First off, who issues these Kennedy Bonds? I imagine it would be quite an ordeal to obtain $134B in bonds. I'm shocked that there are even 10 of these billion dollar Kennedy Bonds in existence. Are they like legal tender? Then what do you do with the bonds, take them to the bank? Wouldn't they have to be tied to an account where the actual funds are?

Then these guys get caught smuggling them? I promise you, if I had a fraction of that money I could get it to it's destination. I have to believe that it was the intention of the smugglers to get caught.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by warrenb

I still say they are Chinese agents. If not then they are Japanese working for China
I say China is in there someplace.

The Japanese consulate general in Milan confirmed that the detention had taken place and said it was trying to confirm with Italian authorities whether the two were indeed Japanese nationals and their identities.

Doesn't make sense for the Chinese to try to devalue the dollar. They are the largest holder of US Treasury Securities in the world. Why would they want to devalue their investment?

Not much MSM media coverage about this and this should be pretty big new in the US. This is what America has become, some foreign agents are attempting to smuggle $134B worth of US Bonds and The headline on CNN.com right now is Chastity Bono changing gender. What a joke..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Excuse me, I already posted this precise information @ 2:28pm.

Why have you reposted this as your own??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting set of ethics here...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Hey I'll quote myself

Originally posted by SLAYER69
First you artificially raise the value of the Dollar that drops other currency values when the dollar is riding high then you buy up the cheaper currencies and then dump the dollar the other currencies sky rocket in value.

Makes perfectly good sense to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Maybe it is something from the Vatican. The story is dying out, never picked up on MSM too well, so who's doing the cover up? I only say the possibility of the pope is because he is that rich and that story is week(s?) old? It died down pretty quick to be BILLIONS in US bonds,
I feel like that face haha. You would think everyone in the US would want to know who's shuffling doe like that. I do like their old western take to the smuggling op. though, hahaha.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

I'm pretty sure that all the bonds in question are US Federal Reserve or Treasury issued bonds. I've been googling, yahooing, and still haven't seen the answer to exactly what a Kennedy bond is. I did however find a great article explaining Bearer bonds at investopedia.

Bearer Bonds-- Investopedia Article

I did find an article on "Carter Bonds". Issued during the Carter administration.
Carter bonds

I didn't find a similar Kennedy Bond article at either Wiki or investopedia.

I'm going to take a WAG (wild assed guess) and assume that they are most likely Treasury issued bonds that were in some way associated with Kennedy like the Carter bonds are with Carter. As a matter of fact some argue that Kennedy was killed because he had decided to print US notes as and alternative to Federal Reserve Notes. Perhaps they are associated with him for that or were some type of bond issue that happened during the Kennedy admin. They could also be called Kennedy bonds simply because he is the President on the portrait on them.

Anyway, there is no where near enough information to make anything more than a WAG right now as to the source of these bonds right now.

Reply to disgusted

You know I'm always one of the first to call BS on the Leo Wanta and GATA stuff that makes it's way around the conspiracy web from time to time, but this is one of those stories that makes those two almost plausible especially if the bonds are real.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here's a video... doesn't add anything... not even sure this is the same thing.
www.youtube.com... d

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Maybe they were North Koreans, on their way to buy some more nuclear pixie dust! Only the North Koreans would be so stupid to get caught.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Impossible, it cannot be north korea, their GDP is only 40 billion USD per year. There are only 2 nations that hold that much US bonds:
Russia and China. I go for the Chinese.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty interested in this story right now. $135Billion is not chump change to ANYONE. Right now the blogosphere, a couple of asian newspapers, a small amount of Italian (where the event happened) media, a few non-mainstream sites, and the conspiracy web, are all I've heard even mention it.

I'd really like to know myself exactly why the source article called it a Kennedy bond.

Because of the current tensions with North Korea, the US and Japanese government's silence on the issue is deafening.

According to the investopedia article I linked to earlier, the total amount of US issued bearer bonds currently outstanding is shrinking by the year. I'm going to dig around and see if there is some decent data on the amount of total US bearer bonds outstanding. If it's less than $135 Billion we may be assured that it is a counterfeiting or fraud operation of some type, but if their is say around $400-500 Billion of the stuff still floating around and the bonds are real, the source could really only be two places they came from---China or Japan. And either of them trying to offload that much in secret would be BAD.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by jefwane]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It looks like it is all part of sham/con game that has occured in the past.
Take a look at the top article concerning the 1934 bonds, looks very similiar: motivist.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
$500 million denominations have not been issued since 1969. The longest maturity date for U.S. Bonds is 30 years (I believe) so these bonds matured in 1999 and have been held for 10 years. Why would anyone wait 10 years to cash these in? The only reason for taking these bonds to Switzerland is to sell them there in order to avoid U.S. taxes on them (taxes are due when you sell the bonds).

Either the owner misplaced them and just found them (lol, highly unlikely wouldn't you say?) or they've held them for 10 years because they would have come in quite handy for tanking the already weak American economy. Sounds like "someone" knew the plan for the American economy and was waiting for the right moment.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trunkeight

Excuse me, I already posted this precise information @ 2:28pm.

Why have you reposted this as your own??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting set of ethics here...

I saw you post yours after this one had been out for a few hours already.

posted on 11-6-2009 @ 12:46 AM

[edit on 11-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by piacenza
Impossible, it cannot be north korea, their GDP is only 40 billion USD per year.

Does that include all of that counterfeit currency they produce and export? They could also be operating in cahoots with a few other nations too, such as Venezuela and Iran .. to name a couple. The fact that these bonds were hidden indicates they were up to something illegal. China would have no need to sneak around with such bonds, they could have sent diplomats with diplomatic pouches to hide these things if that were the case. There is definitely something in this that we should really be concerned about. A $134 billion dollar illegal thang going on is some serious stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Question... if someone took $134 Billion of your money, wouldn't you do everything possible to get it back?!? I know its a new story but the fact that this hasn't blown up into an international incident/conflict makes me wonder if a) it's counterfit, b) Italy's government is complicit and this seize was supposed to happen.

Side note: Money like this just goes to show how insiginificant we all are in the global scheme of things. People kill for a couple grand... I would think wars would start over this amount of money.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There are U.S.-issued bearer bonds still in circulation because of their long lifespan - up to 50 years - but, according to an article that appeared in The New York Times on February 13, 2006, by 2013 most of these bonds will have become extinct.

From Investopedia

Looks like they could conceivably have been issued from anytime from 1959-1969 when the US last issued denominations in those amounts. Them being bearer instruments, they could have changed hands multiple times since first issue so if real there is no telling whose hands they have passed through.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
they should just burn the $134 billion

then ask questions later as to whether it was real or not

lol . why? because .. burning $134 bil in US would be awesome. :-D

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join