It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Japanese Carrying $134 Bil Worth Of U.S. Bonds Detained in Italy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here is an update on the story...and an engllish translation of the article

USA securities for 96 billion euros.

249 bonds of the Federal Reserve of the United States, each with nominal value of 500 million dollars, as well as 10 Kennedy bonds each of 1 billion dollars in value, hidden in the double bootom of a suit case, for a total of a good 134 billion dollars, equal to more than 96 billion euros.

This is how much was sequestered [don't know legal implication of this term] at the internation railway station in Chiasso, at the Swiss-Italian border, functionaries of the Territorial Operational Section of Chiasso, in collaboration with soldiers/members of the Financial Police [Guardia di Finanzia] of Ponte Chiasso, during the checking of bags aimed at stopping the illegal trafficing of capital.

The amount was in the possession of to fifty year old Japanese men who had arrived at the Chiasso railway station on a train coming from Italy and who, when checked by customs, had stated that they had nothing to declare.

Instead an accurate check of the bags facilitated the discovery of the American securities, hidden in the bottom of the suitcase, in a closed section separated from the part of the bag containing personal items.

Apart from the securities the Japanese men were carrying a considerable sum of original bank documents.

Investigations are underway to establish the identity and the origin of both the bonds and the bank documents that have also been impounded. If the securities are authentic, based on regulations in place, the penalty applicable to the possessors [of the bonds] could reach 38 billion euros, equivalent to 40% of the sum in excess of the acceptable baggage allowance of 10 thousand euro.

www.gdf.it...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Does anyone remember last year? It was reportedly said, that hilary clinto went to china to negotiate business talks, and gave up US land for colateral..i belive it was also mentioned some guy(i forget who) allegedly brought over Ameros, or bonds for china. Maybe it was Paulson? If its true, then i think thiers a connection here! Or, it is possible that the economic system is so damn screwed, and we dont know it officaly, chiense and american governemnts are working secretly together,e xhanging money..moreso hte US just handing over $$ to them, s the markets at least attempt ot balance off temporarily...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Too bad the guards don't work on commission that would have made their day

Even at 1% commission that would have been a cool 1.34 billion.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
or could just simply be that todays glboal buisness market itself, is just ONE big pnzi sheme like Madoff....and these bonds are money that was skimed or stoeln or dealt out along with how things really work..
just speculation

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No doubt...
But what to make of this...smacks of some underground plot to ruin the dollar! The contraband includes 249 US Federal Reserve bonds worth US
$ 500 million each, plus ten Kennedy bonds and other US government securities worth a billion dollar each! This is huge!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6f4c129acee.jpg[/atsimg]http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/News/Cronaca/?id=3.0.3396869573

I think there is a news blackout on this story...why is this not being covered by the MSM?
? This is too big for them to be acting alone...seriously...if they are fake huge scam operation and still if entered into the market could do serious damage...if they are real it is an international plot!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It's the oldest game in the book!
Who has the most to gain by devaluing the dollar?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have a theory...

Since they were in Italy...could they not have gotten these "funds" from the Vatican?

Afterall, the pope is the richest man on the planet...having assets and properties totalling in the trillions around the globe...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I have a theory...

Since they were in Italy...could they not have gotten these "funds" from the Vatican?

Afterall, the pope is the richest man on the planet...having assets and properties totalling in the trillions around the globe...

interesting! We need to watch this!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Another important note is: How the hell the police found them? Who gave the tip to the police to search these guys... Strange.

If they are carrying 134Billions I don't think they need travel from Italy to Switzland using an airplane or other public transport vehicle. They would just rent a private jet to travel to any country in the globe. The business CEOs of the world do it all the time.

[edit on 11/6/09 by blackcube]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
134B and no security guards damn one of those two "businessmen" had to have been Jackie Chan. I get worried carrying $100 in my pocket.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
If they are carrying 134Billions I don't think they need travel from Italy to Switzland using an airplane or other public transport vehicle. They would just rent a private jet to travel to any country in the globe. The business CEOs of the world do it all the time.

People on private planes still have to go through customs when they land at another country. Only the contents of diplomatic pouches don't have to be declared.

Jon

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Probable the paper are the real deal... trying to fake a 500 million paper is complete stupid to ever try.

No company has so much liquid money in their hands. So the question is: which country is trying to exchange/hide these papers? Maybe a hedge funds...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
is it $134 million or billion?

im confused

$134 billion is....A LOT of dough

[edit on 11-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My from rubish italian understanding its is billion.

www.gdf.it...

Other sources confirm my "translation"... its Billion
cryptogon.com...

PS: dictionary.reverso.net...
italian -> english
miliardi = billion
milioni = million

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is now in MSM news (ok ok a little one but still)

Breitbart.com

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I still say they are Chinese agents. If not then they are Japanese working for China
I say China is in there someplace.

The Japanese consulate general in Milan confirmed that the detention had taken place and said it was trying to confirm with Italian authorities whether the two were indeed Japanese nationals and their identities.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is important, I just haven't figured out how yet. Anything with this amount of money.... I'm going to do some research. Good find!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I bet the fedral reserve is buying the funny money off them to pay the us as obama loans.

then we pay them back with real currency..thus china gets rich we get poor lol

case solved

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a few other places have picked it up as well

www.businessinsider.com...

market-ticker.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is probably one of the more interesting news items I've come across lately. I heard about it two or three days ago.

My first thought is that it is a bond counterfeiting operation. That seems most likely in my mind. Whoever had these could have been using them as collateral for some type of major deal. The value of the bonds is truly staggering and if not counterfeit, only a government would have this kind of money, and bearer bonds might as well be money.

If not counterfeit, only a state actor would have this kind of money. The three that come immediately to mind are Japan, China, and Saudi Arabia. Due to the ethnicity of the people found with them I think we can rule out KSA. Why either China or Japan would smuggle through "normal" routes rather than through diplomatic mail is my main question on that route of thought. The only possibility I can think of why either of those state actors would use old fashioned smuggling rather than diplomatically protected mail, is perhaps whoever it is (if the bonds are real) fears that their diplomatic services are compromised.

Another possible state actor culprit is North Korea. They have long been known to be into counterfeiting, and also for their agents to travel using fake but very good Japanese credential.

If the bonds are real I really don't see the Triads, Tongs, or Yakuza ( going of the Asian ethnicity of those caught) or the mafia (it was in Italy) even if they had that kind of dough risking it all in a single border crossing.

I don't know what's going on with it. The parsimonious answer is that they are fake, and it's just a HUGE counterfeiting operation, but with everything going on in the world economy I just don't know. Maybe Japan or China is quietly trying to slip out of T's in a way that no one would notice they were selling.

I hope some media organization with some financial acuity picks up this story and does some digging.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join