It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's Elites Converting to Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Probably when you stop spouting your brainwashed "Islam is perfect" crap.

When have you ever seen me "spouting" Islam as you claim I have? Have you seen me post threads entitled "Islam is perfect and all you go to hell"? No, the only time I mention Islam is when I have to defend it from the ignorance minds such as yourself.

I'm brainwashed? I'm not even going to comment.

Learn about the Crusades first as well.

You need to start paying heed to your own little advice.

Stop expansion of the Muslims to Europe? HA!

That's maybe 5% of the reason. The TRUE reason was to take BACK Jerusalem from the Muslims because those Christians believed Jesus would never return as long as the Muslims held Jerusalem.

You need to read the statement Pope Leo gave before he officially launched the Crusades.

Expansion? Hmmm, sure why not- let's play with that for a second.

The Moors conquered Spain and all of Western Europe and all they did was bring in an age of 800 years of peace, knowledge, and harmony amongst Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

Yea, they did real bad things and because of it the Pope launched the Crusades to stop the Muslim "expansion" into Europe?

That's your argument..

EDIT: GRAMMAR

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Illmatic67]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
that only an ordinary stories but what about most of the muslim converted to american sociallism of living is that ok for everyone or that just not good for the muslim.embrace to muslim is to stay in the law of GOD
that only the word nothing more then that.
:
p/s when muslim embraced the american style of life is that good in your mind,do you thing so,or maybe ISLAM is so primitive but the american advanced tecnology is
the real modern in this world,think it again find the answer by your self

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It seems to me that any religion that would try to put itself between you and God by saying that their way is the only way is inherently corrupt. You that defend your own particular brand of church imposed delusion by pointing your fingers at the rest and saying how bad they are just prove yourselves to be as corrupt and as brainwashed as the rest of your ilk. You make yourselves slaves to a God that apparently needs men to speak, so you make yourselves slaves to those men.

I see little of God in the world's Religions. I see hate, war, control, and fear. The fact that Islamic "holy men" are advocating the death of people who don't believe what they do is all the proof I need to declare Islam to be as unpure and as dangerous as all the rest of the control systems out there. It does not surprise me that more people are turning to Islam. The weak will often accept fear and slavery to avoid the awful responsibility of self-determination and spiritial freedom.

I've said it many times. Islam will take over Europe within 20 years if not halted. Deny it or prepare for it as you will. When you are forced to pray and burka your wife at gunpoint, it may dawn on you that you have made a mistake.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
When have you ever seen me "spouting" Islam as you claim I have? Have you seen me post threads entitled "Islam is perfect and all you go to hell"? No, the only time I mention Islam is when I have to defend it from the ignorance minds such as yourself.

You're having a laugh. I've seen you denigrate other religions many times in this forum with the typical condescending sneer that accompanies the majority of the Islamic faithful. Half the time you only need to defend your own religion because of some attack you have alrerady made on others. You live in a pipe-dream. Wake up to your own bull#, you hypocrite.
When you get caught in a lie, you twist and turn. Now the Crusades are only 5% Islams fault? The number of times you've posted about the Crusades and never mentioned the Islamic complicity just goes to show how very devisive you can be. When forced into a corner you attribute as little of the blame as you can.

"The Moors conquered Spain and all of Western Europe".
Look at your own words again. "Conquer". If that doesn't tell you something about your religion then you're even dumber than I thought.

JLC163. My post was not aimed at you personally but at relgion in general. As you said: the god of Abraham was the god of the Christians, the Jews and the Muslims. But the whole point is that over the time he has become twisted out of all recognition by the mainstream churches so that for each he now represents something totally different.
My argument is not that no-one has the same god. It is that different religious groups interpret their god differently and, as I said, interpretation plays the major role in the definition of god. I don't dispute the fact that there is one god. What I do dispute is the fact that where the religions are concerned, god comes in all shapes and forms. Religion shapes the personality and character of god for the vast majority of the people on this planet. He is attributed different attitudes by different sects. If they don't agree on his being, how can they all be worshipping the same god? Especially when religion relies so heavily on faith and conjecture.

Although the statement that god created everyone rings true to me, it always rings true to the Churches that it was their god who was the creator - not the other guy's. Religion is doused in wordplay and cunning dogma that makes the other guy sound as if he is a part of the whole, but the under-riding, sneaky message is that he has got it wrong and is worshipping the wrong god.

My comment that historical connections mean nothing, alludes to the fact that history has been overlooked by the religions. As you said yourself - they stemmed from Abraham and claim the one god. If the religions paid attention to this historical fact, the world would probably be a much better place to live in. But the fact is that Judaism, Christianity and Islam have taken history and rewritten it for their own agendas. In doing so, they rewrote their one god and turned him into many.

Finally, I just want to make a point about the word "acceptance". In the context of religions living side by side, it does not exist. I believe that the more appropriate word is "tolerance".

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks b/c how much of that came across was crazy, both what you said, and the way I tred to make what I was thinking clear!

It just seemed a bit over the top.

I have enough fun playing with the sematics of God is love is life is the-alpha-and-omega is the-Word is the...

I don't need to make me have a headache, which btw, I did do.

now, back to the originator's discussion...

this wouldn't be such an issue if people wern't so touchy about religion (as I made abundantly clear with my bitch-fest), making everything out to be something to do with it. There are quite easily some areas of life that are not covered by the religion, and it's up to our interpretation to govern our actions, at that point, but we can't control other people's lives. As I've already said, I'd rather deal with the Islamic than the Atheist.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The Moors conquered Spain and all of Western Europe and all they did was bring in an age of 800 years of peace, knowledge, and harmony amongst Jews, Christians, and Muslims.[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Illmatic67]

umm are you on something? i hope you know that was the main reason the crusades and inquisition happened, because they were in control of former christian lands and they wanted them back and wanted the muslim conquerers out of their land, they only responded in the way they were treated by muslims and their empires, in the end europe repelled islamic imperialism through economic manipulation and attrition, they reapt what they sew and their last empire collapsed during ww1.

but history really isnt the poinf here anyways

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The Moors conquered Spain and all of Western Europe and all they did was bring in an age of 800 years of peace, knowledge, and harmony amongst Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Illmatic67]

Illmatic,

Surely you didn't mean what you said about the Moors conquering Spain and all of Western Europe? They conquered a lot of Spain. That's it. Here's a good link about it:

www....[hate-site-nolink]/whitehistory/hwr23.htm

Arabs, in particular, made many positive contributions to culture, learning, and science in the Middle Ages. They helped preserve and transmit important documents from ancient Roman and Greece.

I was a Medievalist in graduate school. It is my opinion that both Islam and Christianity were far too likely during that period to conquer and convert by the sword. Whatever their religious texts said, the proponents of both faiths found excuses to act the way humans have acted for our entire recorded history.

The Jews weren't any better, according to the Old Testament. Nor were the Hindus. Not even the Buddhists were truly people of peace.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You're having a laugh. I've seen you denigrate other religions many times in this forum with the typical condescending sneer that accompanies the majority of the Islamic faithful. Half the time you only need to defend your own religion because of some attack you have alrerady made on others. You live in a pipe-dream. Wake up to your own bull#, you hypocrite.
When you get caught in a lie, you twist and turn. Now the Crusades are only 5% Islams fault? The number of times you've posted about the Crusades and never mentioned the Islamic complicity just goes to show how very devisive you can be. When forced into a corner you attribute as little of the blame as you can.

"The Moors conquered Spain and all of Western Europe".
Look at your own words again. "Conquer". If that doesn't tell you something about your religion then you're even dumber than I thought.

Show me then you little #.

Show me any post that has me bashing any religion out of the blue air and show me a post of me defending Islam without some idiot bashing it first. Show me.

You know what you just said in your previous post to me at least? NOT A DAMN THING. That's what you do. When you know you've been proven wrong especially by me you just go on a mindless posting spree trying to bring me down and my religion down.

Yea, I said "conquered" so what, what is your point? Since when is the word "conquer" affliated with only evil? Are you serious, get out of here.

umm are you on something? i hope you know that was the main reason the crusades and inquisition happened, because they were in control of former christian lands and they wanted them back and wanted the muslim conquerers out of their land, they only responded in the way they were treated by muslims and their empires, in the end europe repelled islamic imperialism through economic manipulation and attrition, they reapt what they sew and their last empire collapsed during ww1.

but history really isnt the poinf here anyways

You got serious reading to do. If the Inquisition was a response to fight back the Muslims then why did the Spanish Catholics burn and torture Jewish men, women, and children?

800 years of solid peace.

You need to read. People in Muslim Spain bathed daily in public baths while before that, Christians killed anyone who bathed daily because they saw it as a curse.

That along with other things.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Show me then you little #.

Show me any post that has me bashing any religion out of the blue air and show me a post of me defending Islam without some idiot bashing it first. Show me.

How about this then?

"I've also heard there's a room in the Vatican where the Pope goes and talks to Satan."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for being a little #? I could probably snap your spine in ten places in under a minute.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

How about this then?

"I've also heard there's a room in the Vatican where the Pope goes and talks to Satan."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for being a little #? I could probably snap your spine in ten places in under a minute.

Let's try to stick at the topic at hand, what are you going to do? Cyber slap me? Let's get serious here.

Is this the best you got because if it is it didn't work?

What is wrong with this statement?

It was something I heard. Did I say I believed it? As far as that statement is concerned, it's complete hearsay. It's something I heard from I forgot where from because it was a long time.

Nothing wrong with that comment.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You really are reaching now aren't you?

"I heard". Yeah, you heard and you just had to repeat it in a thread about Christianity.

I could start loads of threads with "I heard".

"I heard" Muslims are devil worshippers.
"I heard" Islam is a tool of Satan.
"I heard" Mohammed was a gay pedophile.
"I heard" Illmatic was a racist bigot.

Yeah "I heard".

You're so full of it.

As for cyber slapping you? What's the point? You want to go calling names, that's fine by me.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You really are reaching now aren't you?

"I heard". Yeah, you heard and you just had to repeat it in a thread about Christianity.

I could start loads of threads with "I heard".

"I heard" Muslims are devil worshippers.
"I heard" Islam is a tool of Satan.
"I heard" Mohammed was a gay pedophile.
"I heard" Illmatic was a racist bigot.

Yeah "I heard".

You're so full of it.

As for cyber slapping you? What's the point? You want to go calling names, that's fine by me.

I didn't click back on that thread but I know I wasn't the only one who said anything negative about the Roman Church. It's funny how you never posted their thoughts.

And for your information I was born and raised a Catholic. I was even a devout Catholic at one point in my life and "Truth" can tell you but he AWOL from this board.

So if anyone has any place to criticize the Catholic Church, I believe I have the right to do so even though I am not one anymore.

You, on the other hand, are a different case. But I don't know your history so you were probably a Christian at one point or something but the content and your hatred for organized religions don't reflect any of it.

You post purely out of ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I didn't click back on that thread but I know I wasn't the only one who said anything negative about the Roman Church. It's funny how you never posted their thoughts.

Oh good excuse. You "weren't the only one". Try to deflect the blame. Just as you do with your religion.

As for my faith? No. I've never been a follower of a religion.
I therefore have even more right than you to criticise, as it is you and your ilk who make life on earth a hell for those of us who just want to worship our gods in peace.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Oh good excuse. You "weren't the only one". Try to deflect the blame. Just as you do with your religion.

As for my faith? No. I've never been a follower of a religion.
I therefore have even more right than you to criticise, as it is you and your ilk who make life on earth a hell for those of us who just want to worship our gods in peace.

No excuse, I'm just saying I wasn't the only one who didn't say anything negative. It wasn't a lie, it was the truth- it was no attempt to "deflect" the blame. I could care less.

And wars are not only fought because of religion. Those that have were thousands of years ago and you had no part it in.

The big wars- World War I and II were politics and power.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You forgot the Jews in World War 2.

Sure some wars are fought for politics and power. But what about all of the nasty little conflicts that have been going on for centuries?
The religious war has never ended. It dies down now and again and then springs up somewhere else on the planet.
What about the people who die in the name of religion every day? Do you honestly believe that just because there have been wars that haven't obviously involved religion, religion is therefore blameless? Even one death in the name of a god is one death too many.

If people in my country wish to convert to Islam then good for them. But they have absolutely no right whatsoever to affect my life when they follow their religion. They have no right to preach to me, just as no Catholic, Protestant or Jewish preacher does.

But the problem is that they do preach. And although I don't listen to their message, there are plenty who do and there are plenty who want to affect my life with their religions.

All religion boils down to is control of you whilst you live by threatening to control your soul when you die.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Jews weren't the focal point for WWII.

I'm not going to tell you religion is blameless. Religion can be blamed for thousands of wars in the earth's history.

But just because religion has claimed many lives does not mean it has not saved lives. And no I'm not talking about the normal "Be a Christian and you'll go to heaven" talk. I mean that religion has saved lives in terms of cleaning people from drugs, poverty, alcoholism, and such.

The Nation of Islam was very instrumental in helping to rehabiliate many blacks from the streets to a life of harmony and peace.

As far as preaching. I don't preach, I try not to. But what I do is correct people from their misconceptions of Islam and any other religion.

Muslims aren't Christian Missionaries. We don't knock on people's homes at 7 am in the morning to tell you the glory of Jesus.

If you want to learn about Islam you go to a mosque or you ask a Muslim. I have never seen a Muslim preach to a stranger about Muhammad and his message. I have never done it and I have never seen it done.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I apologize beforhand for being insensitive to the weak. Feel free to call me names or ignore my posts if it makes you feel better after reading my response to all your gibberish. The last time I said I'd use your holy texts as a bathroom product - it angered a few of you. Please don't take this personally as this is intended for all of you & all your kind.

Originally posted by infinite
Not all Muslims join terrorist groups.
Lucky for us, or maybe not so lucky - if they were all terrorist I guess they'd be an easier target.

Islam is the fastest growing religion, it will probably be the worlds number one in 20 years.
So, your saying all the rest of the pathetically weak humans roaming around this planet that need religion to survive or have a purpose are becoming muslims.

I say who really give a flying feeeeck what religion is the fastest growing or who will be the number one group of pathetically brainwashed losers on this planet.

When there are mass conversions of Muslims to Christians, people are so quick to call it a Jesus Christ miracle/phenemenon.

Miracle my arse, I just see another group of pathetically weak feeecks turning to more brainwashed bullhonky.

But when there are mass conversions of Christians to Islam they are now called terrorists?

If the shoe fits wear it. Am I missing the news about the Christian terrorist targeting coffee shops, school buses, tourist and those who can't defend themselves.

Christains/Muslims your are all the same in my book (reality) just weak humans that need something to help them stand because their afraid to stand on their own.

No different then the weak punk gangsters that plague the U.S., too weak to stand on their own. They end up in prison where they all somehow get converted into Muslims or Christians where the suck each other off in the prison chapels and then get released to continue their pathetically weak punk ways under a different color.

Yes - you religious folks are just a notch above gangsters in my book. Looooosers lost too deep in dogma for recovery.

You call each other ignorant - I call you all ignorant and I'm happy to stand alone and do it. In your own stupidity fighting each other & causing wars & chaos throughout the planet, you will all become hated by the rest of the further evolved beings roaming this planet and eventually we will rid the earth of your kind for good. It is you who have created the need for the NWO and other secret societys. The funny thing is it's not them who will destroy you, it's you who will destroy yourselves as you have been programmed to do.

Like he really gives a # if you wash a thousand timers or prostrate yourself towards the East. Do you really think a god would demand such trivialities from worshippers.

I agree, how can anyone educated past the third grade believe that some higher being would want you worshiping him/her/it/them? That's kind of the big joke about it, first of all only a weak pathetic human ruler would want such a thing. If any being wanted that kind of behavior of me I'd have to my best to Destroy that creature or wipe it's existance or seed from the universe. Yeah, I said creature because anything wanting worship isn't worth being called a being let alone being called a god.

I also said a joke - yes religion is a joke and you are all part of the joke as you and your kind have been for thousands of years. You are absolutely pathetically beyond repair and I have no interest in converting you to reality as I don't need others to believe as I do to give my beliefs credibility.

Why in gods name would anyone want their religion to be number one or even care? Because they need reassurance that they choose the right version of the lie?

Yes, I fear you as I fear all the weak. As the weak have nothing to lose and I fear I or my loved ones will be standing in the wrong place while you try to destroy each other.

If there is a god I'm sure he/she/it/them is laughing along with me. Then again if he created you he's probably crying. boo hoo.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by outsider]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
You call each other ignorant - I call you all ignorant and I'm happy to stand alone and do it.

Outsider, you do not stand alone. Many (including myself) think as you do about religion and see it for the control scam that it is. Some just aren't as vocal about it.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
it is quite possible and indeed fact that england could be becoming a new islamic nation. reason. well i know a little about england and what i can tell u is this. england at the moment is trying very hard to rid itself of smokers, drinkers and fat people. the elite of england are starting to see themselves as perfect. true islam and people that follow it do not drink or smoke and generally live a good clean life. this is how the elite want to perceive their england. free of thugs three of addiction free of crime. this is what the elites see in islam.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think you'll find that England is trying to get rid of their smokers, binge drinkers (anyone in the US ever tried drinking Carlsberg Special Brew) and obese persons because the National Health System cannot cope with what are, after all, self inflicted injuries. ( If you were in the military, that's what it would be called).

I should point out for the more paranoid, that "get rid of" means encourage people to get fit, not " up against the wall, fatty bang bangbang

Trying to persuade a nation to look after their health is not a sign of religious conspiracy.

zero lift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join