It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Newest Facebook Friend a Sleazeball Debt Collector? DIRTY TRICKS!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If you want to be nasty, then get yourself a ringer, when the call, you switch on the ringer, it sends a 110 db tone to the end, i assure you that the will have hearing issues for a few minutes.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
How about you just pay your bills on time? haha

I know, I know. This thread is about collectors and the methods they employ.

I found a very fun tactic is to narrow my replies down to 2 phrases = "Right Now?" and "Let me Check"

A convo would go something like this...

Collector: "When can we expect to receive that payment?"
Me: "Let me check"
silence.......
Collector: "Hello? Are you checking on that payment?"
Me: "Right Now?"
Collector: "Yes sir, right now"
Me: "Well let me check"
silence.....

This was a gag from Tom Mabe (google the name for details) and is guaranteed to drive anyone nuts if done right

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
DON'T FEEL BAD. We are seeing the grandest theft in the history of mankind. Forget the fed loaning out a secret 9 trillion; the Govt. has misplaced another 300 billion. Fraud, that would be the word; which would represent what is going on.

We American's, or people of the world are having a hard time due to an ultimate power grab.

I thought my favorite read was talking jibber jabber; later I saw talk dirty to them. Now, I'm hooked on saying exactly what they say.

I've resorted in the past to being 'astranged' from myself, and not being wherever...ha ha ha

If it's good enough for the banks, then it should be good enough for the people

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Debt collectors aren't. They can't make threats or play dirty tricks, but they do.
Intimidation and fear runs many a society as of late.

I have a very good tip for all in the UK - read up peoples

(I will try to back this up with a link in a while)

Now if a debt is over 6 years old and the people you owe the money to you have not contacted you - or you have not replied to them then the debt is (usually) invalid!

Now the really important thing is that you NEVER EVER admit to the debt... You never sign anything, you never acknowledge it over the phone, so long as you are concerned IT DOES NOT EXIST - although you are aware of some muppet claiming you owe them some daft amount.... BUT YOU DONT!

They will try - oh man will they try to get you to slip up, they will bully you - if you even once acknowledge that you owe this amount of money to this person/company you reset the clock... Then what you have is a legal obligation to pay up... Rember deny deny deny, or even better ignor ignor ignor - after 6 years you are (usually) sitting pretty!!

edit: this is it - The Limitation Act 1980

Should the creditor fail to maintain contact with the debtor, for a period of 6 years or more, it is possible to claim that the outstanding debt is "Statute Barred" under the conditions of the Limitations Act 1980.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have a tape loop that I use. I answer the phone and say 'Please Hold' and then I start the tape of..' bomp bomp bomp,Another one Bites the Dust' over and over and over and over.......

Zindo

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What a damn low life sorry excuses for humans these debt collectors are...
they're masters of kicking a downed dog!

It's the same with banks: when you hit rock bottom, they start hitting you with fees.

Poverty generates poverty and money generates more money,

and depending where you are born you can kinda have an idea of how your life will be.

This will never change unless we take back our planet and redistribute all resources and all excess produced.

Private property of land or factories is theft.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Who accepts friend requests from someone they don't know? Heck I don't even accept all the friend requests that come from people I DO know.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

This EXACT same thing happened to me!!!

The bastards where calling MY number looking for someone ELSE and WOULD NOT STOP!!!

I changed my number to an Unlisted number and had the phone company verify that it had always been an unlisted number and the phone calls STOPPED!!!

Just go ahead and swap number, stop the BS. It will almost be erie not having the phone ring every 30 minutes!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I unfortunately have someone with the same first and last name living in the same town that does not pay his bills.

At first i tried telling the debt collector they had the wrong person and that did not work more then 50% of the time.

Or sometimes i told the debt collector that i planed to never pay ((not my debt )and that i was ripping off the company (criminal act but since i was not the debtor so what)and there was nothing they could do about it.(want to bet they would go after the guy that ran up the debt with a criminal charge) i have had the cops come to my house to arrest me only to find out they had the wrong person as they know the guy that ran up the debt because they have arrested him may times for drug and other charges.(this helps later when i take the debt collector to small claims court.

The another thing i did was take them to small claims court for harassment.
that stopped about 80% of the remaining collectors even though i never got more then court cost the judge did ream them a new one.

The last thing i have done was track down there office and use a axe to cut the phone cable to the office. or sometimes you can go to a pay phone and call there office and leave the pay phone off the hook.
this will tie up the line till someone puts the pay phone back on the hook or they get the phone company to clear the line.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The last thing i have done was track down there office and use a axe to cut the phone cable to the office.

Oh man! Walking around the streets with an axe and a grudge?
just simply

I lived at this one address where people with muslim type names (Asif Khan etc) had run up bills. It was a contractors house , we had like welsh people, northern people a (white) south African but no one who would mathe the type of names they were looking for.

We also had pretty much nothing in the house - we only used it in the week - to confudle a debt collector all you do is invite them in and offer them a cup of tea - even made bacon sandwiches for a couple of them!... Even slime has to eat

The rule was NEVER give them your name or real address, and in our case give them tea... They think it's creepy to deal with real people - we even once had this sweet old lady come round
Asking for someone like Mohhemmed McKhan or something.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Be careful with that axe idea...

The collection agency I worked for (collecting on defaulted student loans) had 2 armed guards, one at the front of the building and one at the back of the building.

Thats a good way to get shot.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

It's amazing these people in the collection business continue knowing they are in league for the most dishonorable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join