It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth and Mars on Collision Course!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Scientists have revealed that Mars is in danger of being sucked into the gravity path of Jupiter and flung towards Earth. It's the same process that created Earth and the Moon. The image below (Moon& Earth creation) demonstrates the incredible destruction that will occur when Mars collides into us.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7154e631511.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that is just a worst case scenario. Other likelihoods are not quite as bad but still warn of chaos. Could Nbiru actually be Mars? Were the Mayans somehow aware of Mars destiny to hit Earth in 2012? Why is Mars known as the God of War? Quite possibly a lost advanced civilization forewarned us to subtly alter our orbit. With so many advanced monuments on Earth that point to the Sun...could it be that the 'Ancient Ones' were teling us to move closer to the Sun so that Mars will narrowly miss us?

It's possible we'll be knocked off our orbit and float away from the Sun's rays. This would cause the plants to die and a new ice age to descend on Earth. As usual those darn scientists are covering it up by saying it'll be far into the future. If it's happened before and it can happen again...it could happen soon. I notice that there is no mention of NASA in the article...coincidence? I think not. No wonder they are building secret moon bases.

Writing in the journal Nature, a team led by Jacques Laskar shows there is also a chance Mercury could strike Venus and merge into a larger planet. Professor Laskar of the Paris Observatory and his colleagues also report that Mars might experience a close encounter with Jupiter - whose massive gravity could hurl the Red Planet out of our Solar System. Astronomers had thought that the orbits of the planets were predictable. But 20 years ago, researchers showed that there were slight fluctuations in their paths.
Official BBC link

Asteroid on collision course with Mars!! Could an asteroid be the smoking gun?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hey, maybe now we can finally land on Mars!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It says the chance is "tiny" and not going to happen for at least a billion years.

*cricket chirps*

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Comart80

I'm thinking a 'hot airballoon' scenario. Float above the Earth and jump down when it's safe. The sad thing is that I know people that know vegetarians. I really don't think they'll enjoy it with sabre-tooth tigers and mammoths being killed all over the place. Ice ages are cold and harsh. Maybe by aiming ourselves a bit nearer to the sun we can avoid Mars and the resulting ice age?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Funny I saw an article this morning that said Earth and Venus could be on a collision course. Luckily not for 3.5 billion years.

Yahoo News

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i think these scientists should focus their research on the near future instead of this far in the future.

seems almost completely unimportant to most people right now!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Well said, indeed, but maybe we could even take this a step further and ask that they focus their attentions on the present, and all the real foreboding immediate impacting stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Earth and Mars on a collision course?

Hmmmmm........

Nope!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
6 months closer to collision and my online research shows no indications that hot air balloons are a growth market. The 2012ers aren't taking this seriously. Two planets colliding

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
as unlikely as it is that this would happen, and as much as ATS frowns upon brief posts, I just have to say that this would be really awesome.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

new topics

top topics

join