It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to keep your butt Alive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

You wouldn't kill Linemen.....your house would go up in flames! Be careful and heed my words....we'll never make it alone. We need to organize our communities and stand united. I know when it hits many people will resort to bad ways. But, in general all of us are good hearted and want to fight for what is ours.....In time of crisis we must stand together and face the evil that has reared it's ugly head. You can only run so far, so long.....and it the end your alone.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

That is so true, while it maybe better for use to stand alone for a while. We need to remember that eventually we need others to survive and while bad people will do bad things, we must remember that we are all in the same boat and need to communicate. We need to all understand eachother, we need to get along and we need to stay together.

We will need to learn to live together, because if we can't live together... we are going to die alone.~ Jack Shepherd

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

The deadly home-made WMD - the toaster

It's not the troops i'd fear, it's the bloody neighbours. If they suspect you have prepared and actually have food, i'm sure they'd form their own 'food groups'.

I can just picture the street with salivating, hungry degenerates whose heads perk up like attentive dogs, if they smell a pork roast been cooked in some household in the street. "Food" they will cry and rush in a mad collective of blind fury to feed their infected bodies.

I think the best advice i read, is to place a big notice on your door saying "Under self quarantine" and if you answer the door just squeeze lemon juice in your eyes to make them believe you and your property has become victim to the plague, *cough * i mean 'mild flu'.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

lol, that is the best I have heard in a while. Quartine yourself, hey that could work
I'm for that. But if they rally against you, their are ways around that. You can leave or share your food with them. Or you can take what you need and leave. I personally know food is going to be an issue, so just get a town storage system. That would be nice that way the town has food an donly needs to protect itself from outside forces. And thats much better than being one person trying to survive a whole town filled with salviating pepole...lol

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Know yourself.

Second Line

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

Then what do I do. I'm the only one I know who is prepared. My family and friends think I'm a radical by stock piling food and ammo. I only have one neighbor I trust. He has lots of guns and a milk goat. I have laying hens and need a pack mule.

If I were to go around the neighborhood asking people to join forces with me against the government in a time of crisis I'd be laughed off the range.

Basically I'm self sufficient but not if all my extended unprepared relatives decide to show up knowing I'm prepared. It would drop my year food supply down to about 1 month.

Do you find it frustrating trying to discuss the economy with others who dont want to hear it?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

That's pretty good! I like the lemon in the eyes trick. Also smear dirt all over yourself and ask for food, even if you have it they will think youre worse off than them.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Exactly, that's the danger of joining forces with the sheeple who think you're a crack-pot.

Only when it's too late will they listen, but they'll just bash down your door and rob you blind. A pack mentality is the most feared of forces.

Again...trust no one and keep your mouth shut about any preps you are making. It's a sad fact, i'm afraid, but humans are very selfish creatures and in a survival situation, it's each to their own.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Youre right. They will only listen when it's too late. It's also a matter of survival of the fittest. I have that to my advantage . I can hike up the mountain in a hurry with a 70 pound backpack if need be. Plus back up plans.

The problem I face is to convice my teenagers it's the rational thing to do. This is where other families would be helful so they wouldnt feel to isolated. Luckily my neighbor has 2 boys my girls age. They are only friends. He on the other hand sid he may split to the Canadian Rockies if SHTF.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Prisoner, I see your problem with that street. But then again, this can be turned into a bit of an advantage.

I don't know how many neighbors you know, but there's blocks and sections within that street.

Push comes to shove, you collectively keep out the riff-raff by blocking access to your enclave.

Another trick that is useful if one is staying in a structure is this:

Have the materials handy to strongly board up the top half of the doors from the inside.

You ask, what the hell?

The idea is that even if they break your door, they'll have to stoop over to enter. Now while they're stooped over, and I mean it doesn't matter how many there are, they can only enter one at a time.

As he sticks his head through, you crush it with a sledge hammer, ax handle, lawnmower blade, polearm, or even a cinder block. It's real discouraging to those who would consider following, and they'll likely move on to easier prey.

That ASSUMES you also blocked and barricaded your windows. Heavy blackout curtains will enable you to use candles or lanterns and move about within - without your movement and activity from being observed from the outside.

Some due to their location and nowhere else to go, should likely stay and stick it out where they are.

Others who have a "final redoubt" shouldn't wait too long before leaving. Don't plan on taking your car and getting stuck in traffic.

Panic will be rampant.

Either get gone quickly using "alternate" routes, or stick it out for a while where you are while some things naturally "self-correct."

Neighbors will naturally tend to stick together, and will and can be a formidible defense.

For some of the weapons available where firearms are not allowed, consider what's in your tool shed, or go to someplace like "Museum Replica's" and you can find spear heads and butt caps, polearms such as Fouche and Pikes, swords and all kinds of stuff that you can always claim are just "historical novelties."

Remember, the Swiss with their Pikes were feared all through Europe. Long bows can be kept in storage and within weeks, one can actually become fairly skilled. And these things are quiet.

I think deep down, many of us know something is in the wind. Just a few basics will place you way ahead of the bulk of the population.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Handy Tip

just wanted to chime in with a handy tip

If you're like me, you have alot of books
I've started laminating important pages in books and manuals, to ensure that should they get wet they last alot longer

I know plastic is bad, yada yada but if it means I can survive a bit longer so be it

laminating machines are cheap now

you can pick them up on Ebay for under $20

XYRON 1200 LAMINATING MACHINE - $9.95
is.gd...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I love your posts dooper, no crap and straight to the point

As he sticks his head through, you crush it with a sledge hammer...

Am i being naive in thinking we're talking years from now or are you guys thinking with immediate effect??

When will TSHTF, with your best guess scenario(s) ???

I think we'll see at least this winter with a good bout of piggy flu, before the encroachment begins. They will use the deaths as a control mechanism for vax and even more police state ideology.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Days, weeks, months, or years - it really doesn't matter when. No one is going to ever be 100% prepared.

So you act with prudence, tucking away a little bit every day, even if it's just a box of matches. A box of oats. An extra bottle for storing water. An extra box of salt. Another bag of dried beans.

The one thing that never changes - is that everything eventually changes. A state of peace is temporary. A state or order is temporary. A state of plenty is temporary. Nations rise. Nations fall. Weather patterns change. Tectonic plates shift. Volcanoes blow. Nothing ever remains static for long.

A state of certainty is foolish.

In a catastrophic event - natural, social, or political catastrophe, those who are most prepared, most flexible, and most determined will prevail.

You don't believe me? I always have had just as good a day as I made up my mind I would have. If I didn't want problems to get me down - not once did I have a bad day.

Some were just better than others.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
reply to post by dooper

I love your posts dooper, no crap and straight to the point

As he sticks his head through, you crush it with a sledge hammer...

Am i being naive in thinking we're talking years from now or are you guys thinking with immediate effect??

When will TSHTF, with your best guess scenario(s) ???

I think we'll see at least this winter with a good bout of piggy flu, before the encroachment begins. They will use the deaths as a control mechanism for vax and even more police state ideology.

I'd say the flu vector is one aspect, but the announced banking holiday
warning of 120 - 180 days is the clarion call of serious problems.

The 5 states facing shutdown in days due to not meeting budgets
is also a sign post that things are rapidly degrading.

They plan on laying off most of the state workers, and California
has already announced it will be sending out IOU's and has laid off
30,000 teachers and closed dozens of schools.

The total number of states facing a budget shortfall is 32 states.

The fact that the Wall Street Journal's marketwatch announced the
coming banking holiday via the same ppl that predicted the
Oct 2008 stock market crash should give all ppl pause for concern.

Prepare accordingly !

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

That's a good idea, for first aid info, eatable plants and tubers, navigation, all actually. I know most like how to make a tarp shelter or start fires, with flint etc.

I try to keep most in memory but impossible, for instance I have a ton of herbal antibiotics abd other remedies, yet need to write down how to use them and what the dosages are, since I'm herbal illiterate having it on paper and laminated would be great. If i get killed first my family members would benefit by having laminated survival and first aid instructions.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Handy Tip

just wanted to chime in with a handy tip

If you're like me, you have alot of books
I've started laminating important pages in books and manuals, to ensure that should they get wet they last alot longer

Good idea, back in 'the day', I used to carry a 'brain book'. Checklists, references, info that I thought that I may need when I had been awake and humping for an extended period of time. Think of the 'Ranger Handbook' and modify for your expected needs. Everything was in plastic (and it was in a big Zip-Loc, so when I was in damp conditions, it would be protected.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

Ive heard the ziplock idea. also my bug out bags are completly water proof. The probem is taking it out in bad weather conditions. Humidity and weather can warp and mildew the pages.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have a portion of my library in HD ziplocks inside sealed plastic containers. I have three bug out locations (inc the house) all relatively close to each other. Which I use will depend on what happens, I prefer choice A but my wife prefers staying in the home. Both have pros and cons.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Hey exile,
I think most wives, women, and most men prefer the house. They just dont understand or know the serious consequences that staying could have.

Not to sound odd but now I thoughts 10's of thousands, of Obama's Civilian National Security Forces going door to door. I would get out of the house before or when that began.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Some useful tips in case of a huge disaster where you will be on the move:-

Buy a large rucksack and fill it with survival items just in case you need it in a rush, make sure everyone in your family has a rucksack containing exactly the same in case 1 goes missing. And leave them in each persons bedroom where they can be found in an emergency or keep 1 in the boot of the car. Read the whole of this thread and gather knowledge to help fill your rucksack - it will take a lot of careful thought.

Make sure you have a passport just in case you need to get out of the country or need ID for some reason. Keep it in the rucksack

Learn about medicinal plants and homepathy

Learn how to make your own shampoo, toothpaste and soap

Learn how to grow your own fruit and veg, collect seeds and keep them in your survival rucksack.

Buy a high quality water filter/pump - try looking on the Katadyn website, try a second hand one if you cannot afford new

Buy as many useful items that work by friction or solar power as you can

Make sure you own a tent or shelter that can be transported easily if you cannot make your own shelter

Buy a Dingy or other inflatable raft just in case.

Learn self-defense

Bury some items in a place only you will find them for future use in a disaster e.g. extra amunition

I am currently doing all of this - just in case, I have purchased many books to help with the above

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join