It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to keep your butt Alive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

"The most laughable concept that is often brought up is national "martial law." This implies that A) soldiers and police officers are devoid of personal attachments and B) they will work for free."

I think the many foreign troops on our soil are probably devoid of personal attachments to any Americans. As for working "for free" they may not even be aware they are working for free until they get back to their own country or get a letter from the wife asking "where's the money?"

Which brings up another point: With the plethora of foreign troops from several countries "training" here in Amerika, it might be useful to consider getting them to turn on each other (if possible). The opportunists will abound in all groups, I think.

I've been a survivalist for many years and haven't seen any information posted yet that will get anyone killed. There are some things that probably need to be thought out a little more thoroughly but good information overall.

Basically, whatever plan you have in mind needs to already be in place so if you plan on "heading for the hills" you might want to go already.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well if the SDHTF I plan on staying in my city and holding up in my own house. I will more than likely board up all the windows and limit the amount of doors to my house for tactical reasons. I do have enough food to last a year and enough guns and ammo to form my own little posse. I will be building a gutter system for my house so I can collect rain water with 3 barrels to collect it. I also have a nice little berky to purify the water if need be. The thing most people don't realize is We need each other to survive. We can't do everything all at once just like some people posted. You will need people whom can stand guard while other grow the crops and some people fish. Having several people of like minded attitudes will be crucial to survival if it gets as bad as we think it will. Another thing is bugging out which in my opinion is not an option until it gets to that option. How are You people going to carry Your food, weapons, tools, & water in significant quantities to escape the cities. I have thought about getting a truck just for that purpose but seriously what happens if the gas runs out. The best option is to have a horse and a wagon but then again We are a bunch of city slickers that rely on technology.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

Good point. I wanted to buy a pack mule. I already live rural but like the idea of buying lots of plywood and 2X4's to board up windows and extra doors, especially my sliding door.

I first figured I needed a gun to monitor each window and more, you solved my problem.

I had thought on more than one occassion to create a bullet proof room, but cant figure out how that could be done. It also sounds expensive. Besides if they wanted me they would gas me out.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

I had thought on more than one occassion to create a bullet proof room, but cant figure out how that could be done. It also sounds expensive. Besides if they wanted me they would gas me out.

3/4" steel walls are fairly bullet proof, but make sure who ever installs the roof knows what they are doing since that's a heck of a lot of mass sitting up there.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I've been using 60-100 miles as my planning point. I figure most people have enough gas to drive that far without refilling, so I want to be at least that far from a city when the SHTF or I may have too many unwanted guests trying to invade my land and buildings.

What do people think about that distance? Does it sound reasonible?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

is that the captain dave that is friends with my dad?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Easier to just have a generator with 220 outlet, then you only need to wire a connector to the pump. But the ultimate would be a secondary whole house generator. That way everything is covered once the power goes off. I suggest a propane style with a dedicated tank of not less than 300 gals. Or start a alcohol still and make your own fuel. Most all engines can use or be converted to use alcohol.
I live in the northern midwest, in a very small community, 400 pop. I suggest those in the cities to have an advanced plan of where they go and have someone to go to...friend or relative. Because when TSHTF the small communities are going to be on guard of what they have and who can enter.
When it happens, the major cities are going to be the main concern of TPTB.....small out-laying communities won't be affected for awhile. Should give us time to gear up and get ready for the final conflict....because there will be one...we'll have to face this evil.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I wonder if a 44 mag could go through 6 2X6's stacked. I never tried that. Steel would be less expensive I think. I would need a welder and have a roof overhang. My imagination runs wild sometimes.

About your distance from a city. 60 miles is a good distance. I wouldnt want to be by a Military base or dam. They would be good terrorist targets.

On refueling; I bought some gas preservative called Pri-G or Pri-D for diesel. I quart is 26 bucks and will treat 600 gallons of gas. So people might consider buying gas now. I bought during winter when prices were low but they will keep rising.

I live 30 miles out of town, not a lot of neighbors and 50 miles from a Base. So I hope that is far enough.

There still may be a day I will pack up and head to the hills, depending on the cirrcumstances. If they go house to house rounding us up like the Nazi's.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellkolse

your kidding right. All smart money left the market in October 2007. This is not a normal business cycle! A couple good days means nothing. Only the very sharp short sellers should be involved. No naked short sellers!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

I agree we'll all have to face the evil. I'm wishing this didnt happen in our generation but it's soon reality.

Thanks for the generator tips. I think I do have a 220 on it. I should probably learn how to connect it to the main breaker box on the house too.

I'm kind of familiar with the wattages of certain appliances.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Please help...

Picture below is a very, very typical street in the UK; how on Earth are we meant to protect ourselves or survive???????????????????

We're not allowed guns and houses are usually semi-detached, so the walls in between are only a few bricks thick (if that!). If neighbours heard a generator, you'd be raided in a heartbeat. If you grow a veg patch in your tiny garden in the back, you'd get robbed.

Any advice....ANYONE?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1016842db455.png[/atsimg]

Edit: This is not my street, but is typical of the way we are rammed in like sardines in a tin, in the UK.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Start buying bulk food, like rice, oats, bean, wheat, sugar, etc. Put it in mylar bags then stick those in 5 gallon paint buckets and hide them under beds, use them as furniture, with nice table cloths covering them. The same with water and dont tell any of your neighbors what you are doing. When things calm down slowly drive out of town with you essentials and take a 4 season tent or tarps.

It wont be fun leaving but survival may depend on it.

I hope others have a better answer.

Do you have basements there?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If you want to do that, just use at least a 6 gauge utility cord, like a dryer type and run it from your generator to where the connection from your service is, the very top of your panel. Disconnect the service wire and install the utility cord.....You will have to monitor the breakers and use only what your generator can handle, wattage that is.
I have done this remodeling old houses with no power....it is not wise to do this in the event of a temporary power outage, to be on the safe side test and retest the main line. You should also disconnect the meter, very simple to do and can save you from major problems if the power is returned.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Cars, what is this strange vehicular mode of transport you speak of

Joking aside, I have a fiesta, so the suspension may break if i pack it with more than three loaves of bread.

Basements, you're joking. Also, I can hear my neighbours talking at night, the walls are that thin.

I actually live in a bungalow and found out i have a capped mine shaft 20 foot away in my back garden. I might start digging away with my shovel, but it would be a scary place (hate spiders) and i doubt i'd be able to hack away at the concrete and timber.

Thanks for the advice about supplies. I'm going to watch US agendas play out very carefully, and see how good old Brown copies and pastes laws into the UK.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Get a group of like minded individuals together and plan a sort of block security program. You work together to provide safety and order for your area. If that's not an option, then find a friend or relative in the country side to bug out to and organize the same with them.
Folks, your not going to make it on your, period. It will take people organized as a small community to fight this fight. Quit thinking of the Road Warrior and start thinking Jerico.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thanks! I wouldnt want to kill any lineman. I only use it for a power outage but may need it later if SHTF.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

But i was always told..."Trust NO ONE!"

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Everything you have said is exactly why I sold my house in town and move out to the sticks. If my curtains were opened I could wave at my neighbor. The problem was I could see my neighbor doing dishes, when I was in the bathroom curling my hair. Very weird.

I was raised a city girl but had to get out. Too much crime and gangs moving in, drugs everywhere. It's really not safe out here either. I had a church elder get killed a few miles down the road. Someone was robbing his coin collection. They caught the guys. Sad story.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well, their are a lot of things, you do not need a gun to protect yourself or knives. Even though they help. For instance with that street I saw compactness (is that a word??..lol) anyway, while the street is compact it may seem like that is a disadvantage to you. When in fact its a gift. The more compact the street the more power you have over the situation or troops marching their way down the street. You could probably be able to count how many their are as they are coming down, this is imprtant to get an accurate number of the hostiles.

What can you use for protection? Everything, if you want to make a fire show and have a distraction for yourself. Stick a couple of magazines in a toaster and turn on the gas stove or some something. Walk out and be far enough away and then BOOM (The Bourne Identity scenario). Distaction for you to escape. You do not have to engage to survive. Use distractions and use psychological warfare to overcome the items you lack.

The most powerful weapons are the items around your house and of course you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join