It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers train as astronauts..invasion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ok So im following the France disclosure thread and its getting fun.. though they should have closed the less popular thread. disclosure. is it coming? please tell me aliens are real so i know im not crazy! (reptiallians....really?).. (shot out to the B Goodchild) Its strange to train soldiers as astronauts... And the guy says something about defending the low ground and how its the same in space "The ultimate high ground"... im not saying its so...im just saying THINK about it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Astronauts traditionally were military pilots, they have the physical conditioning and navigation skills to do the job. No amount of simulator training will prepare you to dodge space junk!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Starship Troopers here we come... to kick some Alien butt, YeeHar

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The idea that an alien civilization with power and ability to travel between stars would need to invade us or that we could defend ourselves from them is ridiculous. If such a civilization wanted to conquer us it would not resemble anything we could recognize as a war.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
The idea that an alien civilization with power and ability to travel between stars would need to invade us or that we could defend ourselves from them is ridiculous. If such a civilization wanted to conquer us it would not resemble anything we could recognize as a war.

i agree...we arrogant humans think we would have some type of control over a race of beings that advanced...what a joke.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i agree...we arrogant humans think we would have some type of control over a race of beings that advanced...what a joke.

Why?
All we humans have to do is upload a virus into their mothership orbiting in space.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I dont know the intentions of aliens but when faced with threats real or imagined is it really beyond us to pick up our guns regardless of alien motive

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I dont think its arrogance.. if i was in a room and an alien was coming after me even if a gun couldnt overcome an aliens "advanceness" its all i would have

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Damn, well said, and I have been waiting so long for someone to say that in such a clear way.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

couldn't have said it better myself

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
maybe we need to beef up the security on our secret moon bases now that other countries are going there more often...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
How can we be so sure that we have not all ready been invaded?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Although I cannot imagine a creature that a bullet could not kill,perhaps they are sneaky.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
These guys are helo pilots and test engineers -- and there have been US Army folks like that since the beginning of the space program -- so showing all the infantry action is silly. There have even been Navy SEALS who became astronauts... They all had profound engineering operations experience.

When did that story run?

new topics

top topics

join