It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why exactly are freemasons targeting college alumni students?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hi... I've put in a lot of thought to the freemason conspiracy. I have recently started to dig into the facts, and, alleged rumors on the internet, and, I've been reading official masonry websites that seem genuine.

First thing is first... I first became aware that freemason fraternity exists when I went to visit a university I'm going to be taking a summer course at earlier today. I saw that there was a building there and it was apparently dedicated to the freemason fraternity over there at that place. I did some research and I found an article by CNBC here:

(CBS) When students at our famous English Universities expose their knees and bare their chests it usually means exuberant party time and it is almost certain to end in tears. For centuries, our young scholars - many of whom go on to run the country - have been overindulging themselves, semi-clothed, in the name of classical education.

Undergraduates at Oxford and Cambridge still dive half naked and fully drunk into their local rivers. It is regarded as the vital rite of passage - closely followed by the Mother of All Hangovers. But times are changing. Soon the sight of a bare leg and an exposed male left breast may mean something completely different. And chances are these students will be stone cold sober.

It's all because they are being recruited, in large numbers, by that traditionally secretive and totally male-dominated society, the Freemasons. Masonic lodges in the famous cities of Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, Durham, Exeter, Manchester, Bath and Birmingham have been told to get fervent with the local student community and sign them up.

www.cbsnews.com...

I found other websites that said similar things about masonic fraternities. They like to get people after they graduate when they become an alumni.

I do remember hearing about Albert Pike on the Infowarrior show, so, I did some research about Albert Pike... maybe he has something to do with this? This is the kind of stuff that I've found about him... I'm just scratching the surface here.

Realizing the string of mysterious deaths surrounding the attempts at taxation were linked directly to the Templars, King Phillip and Pope Clement V soon realized that the sovereignty of church and state was in immediate peril, and they united forces to attack the Templars. When the secret rituals of the Templars were exposed and the nature of the political assassinations surfaced; other charges and confessions followed; including sodomy, trampling the cross underfoot, alterations in the canons of the mass, idolatry-- the worship of Baphomet, abnormal sex acts like kissing of the anus to demonstrate sub ordinance, etc. In addition to this there was the worship of Solomon's gods, those for which he was condemned.

Remember that King Solomon lost favor with the Lord because his wives led him astray, and he followed other gods, including Ashtoreth, the goddess of the Sidonians, Chemosh, the god of Moab, and others. (Albert Pike once decribed a seance he attended in which the same devil Astoreth was summoned, accompanied by 330 naked spirits.) Solomon also built a temple for Moloch, a god worshipped with the mass incineration of children. * For such rebelliousness the glory of the Lord would depart from Solomon's Temple, never to return.**

But these were the same gods the Templars appealed to, and still do. The freemasonic obsession with secrecy makes disturbing sense when you realize the worship of Moloch, of course, necessitated the sacrifice of children.

itwasjohnson.impiousdigest.com...

That could be very well why freemasons are so secretive...

But okay, then let's go back to the real world here. I know the numbers in their secret society is going down. Could freemasons be targeting college students because college students are more into fraternities because they just got out of school and don't see what the problem is-- so-- like these kinds of college students would want to just like join a fraternity right away knowing their past experience was so great?

It may seem completely altruistic here. They may just want educated people to be part of their members. It just seems weird how so many politicians are freemasons and quite a few of our Presidents are freemasons as well.

I know that on paper the freemason society looks good. But, given what we know about Albert Pike and what he wanted to do... and what some of the people in the masonic organization and in the illuminati/whatever at the time wanted to do then... maybe their past is shrouded in mystery... so maybe I'm wrong and there is no devious conspiracy here... but... maybe they want to establish a power network all across US universities and universities around the globe so they can bring in more elites to their power grid?

I just find this odd. What could the reason for this be?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is really simple.

The bunch of old men who didn't keep up with the times couldn't seem to get through their shiny ol'heads that they weren't appealling to the next generations.

About 15 years ago when they looked around them and realized that the "young" men in their midst where grandfathers whom they were still thinking of as being wussies who didn't understand anything....well some of them started to realize that their organization was going to the grave with them.

Some of their stuff is very .... campy. A new generation who is even MORE jaded than they could ever have imagined wasn't really into it.

So they had to go back and return to the "mystique." Which seems to be having some impact.

I'm wondering if the Shriners' more gender open ideas will eventually filter in once this group of ol'men die off finally.

[edit on 2009/6/10 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think you both hit the point I would make, about the numbers going down, and it seeming to be full of old men, so they do have to get fresh blood. My idea of why college students in particular would be targeted, is that they will likely be used to the idea of fraternities and clubs, and also, they are still young and making their minds up about things, whereas someone older may well have already heard people pushing a negative image of masonry and made their mind up that they don't like the idea.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Philanthropic and social organizations period are closing shop or combining chapters to stay afloat. When I was a reporter I regularly wrote stories on membership drives or about plummeting donations to try to drum up business. The Masonic chapters here have had membership drives for many years, at least since the early 1980s. The appeal of "secret" societies is passe, you could stay home and play video games that have some of the same elements without the responsibilities.

Veterans organizations like the VFW and American Legion are really getting hit hard but they are functioning lobbying groups and action tends to attract participation.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I did some research and I found an article by CNBC here:

Actually, it's CBS but it's pretty embarrassingly badly written even for an online article. I'm sure they'd prefer you believe it to be from CNBC.

As for the Pike info, it's way-off-the-mark junk, the hallmark of anti-Masons.

I know the numbers in their secret society is going down.

Actually, they levelled-off some years ago and are increasing overall, faster in some areas than others but generally increasing. Of course, there are still some Lodges that have reached the tipping point and may yet go dark. But on the whole, the numbers ranging under Masonry's banners are growing.

Could freemasons be targeting college students because college students are more into fraternities because they just got out of school and don't see what the problem is-- so-- like these kinds of college students would want to just like join a fraternity right away knowing their past experience was so great?

I think that if that were the modus operandi, it'd do more harm than good because Masonry as a fraternity doesn't have much in common with university fraternities (beyond being called a fraternity, that is). Totally different worlds and mindsets.

My guess is that any appeals won't yield immediate results in terms of a spike in membership but will at least make potential members aware of Freemasonry and I expect that over time, once the sowing-of-wild-oats days are over and these guys start settling down into adult life, that's when they'll start thinking about joining Masonry.

It may seem completely altruistic here. They may just want educated people to be part of their members.

That may be part of it although it could just as easily be argued that the better educated you are, the more likely that the central tenets of Masonry, to whit, brotherly love, relief and truth, are likely to affect your view on life and you'd me more likely to think "There but for the Grace of God go I".

The other aspect to be considered is that with college and university graduates today, it's much more likely that their grandfathers were Masons than their fathers and this is a reflection of the males of the Boomer generation turning their backs on what their fathers had considered important. So, it's important to ensure that the generation coming into adulthood now has the information that their fathers ignored.

The part that I find especially ironic now is the number of Boomers who're applying for initiation now as opposed to when they were younger men. Belatedly laying up riches now for the Kingdom Come? The snarky side of me would say 'yes'. But primarily, our candidates in the last 4 or 5 years have been in their mid or late 20's to early 30s, generally past the 'sowing of wild oats' age.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
This is really simple.

The bunch of old men who didn't keep up with the times couldn't seem to get through their shiny ol'heads that they weren't appealling to the next generations.

Actually, as I just mentioned in my reply to Frankidealist35, the declining numbers in years past had more to do with the Boomers rejecting what was important to their fathers. The numbers stopped declining some years ago. The Boomers' kids see things a little differently.

Some of their stuff is very .... campy. A new generation who is even MORE jaded than they could ever have imagined wasn't really into it.

I guess your definition of camp and mind diverge. Where you see camp, I see symbolism. Guess it's that 'mature age' thing. Oh and BTW? I'm in my 40's, not some 'grandfather'. Mind you, I guess to some, I'm Methuselah.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimminycricket
My idea of why college students in particular would be targeted, is that they will likely be used to the idea of fraternities and clubs, and also, they are still young and making their minds up about things, whereas someone older may well have already heard people pushing a negative image of masonry and made their mind up that they don't like the idea.

As i posted earlier, I think it has more to do with making younger men aware of Masonry, an awareness that their fathers aren't going to be able to pass on to them. The Internet's a wonderful thing and makes research a breeze. But you have to know to look.

As far as older people already having a negative image of Masonry, a closed mind is a terrible waste. Mind you, as I posted earlier, a surprising number of Boomers are petitioning for membership. So perhaps there's a little more to Masonry than meets the anti-Masonic eye.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Things are looking up in my district out in Cali. I belong to the lodge with the youngest group of members an guys my age are coming in semi regularly i guess is a good way to put it. Theres still a lot of old timers but they're passing the torch so to speak.

I'd put a link up to my lodge if i didn't think I would get flamed for 'trying to recruit on ats'... Let it be known though that i live in a university town and we have pretty much 0 college members.

The college frat boys want to party and get drunk. I prefer to take care of my usual vocations, then go drink

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh I get symbolism.

Some of the stuff is still campy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If it isn't intended as camp, what about it makes you take it as such? Does that speak more of you or of the fraternity?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
reply to post by Aeons

If it isn't intended as camp, what about it makes you take it as such? Does that speak more of you or of the fraternity?

Is Terminator still a good fun movie, even though the special effects are now a bit laughable?

There's your answer.

Does counter-accusation to put people on the defensive work for you regularly? I'm asking because I'm really too honest to use it, and so it is hard for me to find out without personal experience as a teacher to see it in action.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
reply to post by Aeons

Is Terminator still a good fun movie, even though the special effects are now a bit laughable?

There's your answer.

That was a deflection not an answer. I asked what about Masonry you happen to see as camp not whether the SFX in a film made a quarter-century ago still stand the test of time.

Does counter-accusation to put people on the defensive work for you regularly? I'm asking because I'm really too honest to use it, and so it is hard for me to find out without personal experience as a teacher to see it in action.

I didn't launch a counter-accusation. I simply addressed an assertion you made with an assertion of my own while also looking to you for an honest clarification as to where your opinion has its genesis. If that intimidates you on some level, that was far from being my intention.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Every time I think of secret societies and rituals I can't help but think of the classic scene from the show "Mama's Family" where Mama infiltrates the local lodge when Vinton Harper is being inducted and they are doing the "snake dance." Complete in lame robes and green snake headdresses. Good stuff!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well, watching Mamas Family explains a lot too. To prevent a 1 line post I will say that that show really hits the lowest common denominator, so ratings were good . I saw it once or twice then realized what It was that I was watching.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Umm.. I would say your nearly correct.

The WWII era Masons treated the lodge as a Social Club, much like a Rotary or a VFW..

It's not really appealing to younger peoples. Of course, young people do join, but the lodge's are old, very old, and dieing off faster then they grow.

I have not heard of any American Lodge's "recruiting" -- which is forbidden .. and I highly doubt that the Masonic Lodges of England are recruiting .. they are much more .. "old school" then us Americans.

Though, if they where to be recruiting, wouldn't recent grads of local universities be the best to choose from? Perhaps many new grads simply find their own way to the lodges, and the Media is assuming "Recruitment" .. though I won't say it's impossible, just not probable in England.

new topics

top topics

join